PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used the pro-ear mask?

Charlotte Smith
07-30-2007, 23:42
I have a lot of trouble with allergies and I do ok unless we go very deep...could that mask be the answer?:smiley21:

bubbles
07-31-2007, 08:03
never used the pro-ear mask though some people love it. I use the Doc's pro plugs (vented diving ones) routinely and find them helpful since I have chronic allergies and it takes some time for my ears to clear. Some people find the pro plugs helpful some don't but it's only a $10 cost vs the mask. Just a thought. Also, if you get the plugs, get them with a lanyard....easier.

Krakenn
08-03-2007, 07:27
I have a pro-Ear only used it a couple of times it too much of a pain to put on and get right. Doesnt do anthing for me. I also brought one when they were going out on sale for my wife who has problems equalising on descent, she said it didnt make any difference to her. So both are sitting in their bags now!

I have never heard about these vented ear plugs bubbles can you tell me some more please? As I was always told never put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow. :dunno:

Krakenn

bubbles
08-03-2007, 08:01
The link for the Doc's Pro plugs is:

www.proplugs.com (http://www.proplugs.com)

Make sure you get the vented ones for scuba diving and, as I suggested, the ones with the lanyard. Seems to help me, and one of my friends, but others I know say it doesnt' help them...but the cost is MUCH less than the pro-ear mask.

Best of luck!

mwhities
08-03-2007, 08:40
I've only heard that the mask is a wast of money. It's a great idea but, doesn't work as well.

Again, that's all here-say...

Michael

quarrydiver
09-11-2007, 22:58
I might have to try the earplugs for the wife, she sometimes can't clear them easily. Cheap solution if they work.

frankc420
09-11-2007, 23:18
I have the ear plugs, they don't delay equalization, they simply keep majority of the water out of your ears. They are vented, so a very small amount does get in there, but not enough to cause much trouble, IMO.

DevilDiver
09-12-2007, 00:18
Water in your ear is water in your ear. What are you trying to say "only a little gets in" under pressure water is water. If you are having these kinds of problems you should see a Ear, Nose and Throat doc who knows about diving to see if you have real issues.

quarrydiver
09-12-2007, 09:16
thanks for the info, I thought maybe the ear plugs would make equalization easier. I guess I'll just have to slow down the descent.

Charlotte Smith
09-12-2007, 09:26
thanks for the info, I thought maybe the ear plugs would make equalization easier. I guess I'll just have to slow down the descent.
I tried the ear plugs and they worked great on the way down but were a little more difficult to equalize on the way up so I just went back to nothing and the "ear beer" ....sometimes simpler is better I guess.