PDA

View Full Version : Warm Water Lobstering Gloves

Trey9123
03-04-2008, 21:35
I live in South Carolina and am pretty new to diving. I'm planing a road trip down to the keys, and thought that I might try my hand at lobstering while I'm down their. I was just wondering what everyone thought were the best warm water lobstering gloves out their. I am currently looking at the ONeill 1mm Explore Kevlar Gloves found at Buy Oneill Explore kevlar gloves 2392 with reviews at scuba.com (http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-114/019243/ONeill-1mm-Explore-Kevlar-Gloves.html) and will probably get those unless someone changes my mind. If you think that their is a superior pair of gloves out their for my needs, let me know.
Thanks,
Trey

Grin
03-05-2008, 09:01
I have Arkonas for Spearfishing as fish are alot worse than lobsters. They work great for lobsters though. For lobsters you can use a cheap set of any gloves though. I started with those light blue junky gloves and they work very well. If all your doing is lobstering, I say get comfortable cheap gloves and throw them out after a season. I used some 3 mil Body glove gloves that were so comfortable, for the last season before getting the Arkona Kevlars.
Those Oneils should work great for lobstering.

No Misses
03-05-2008, 09:25
Any old work gloves from the hardware store will work. Or you could get these 1.5 mm gloves from ST Tilos 1.5mm Reef Glove, Boots Hoods Gloves, Tilos, Tilos 1.5mm Reef Glove (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?pRODUCT_ID=TilosReefGlove) at $15 how could you go wrong?

I prefer the "simu-leather" palms for lobstering. I have some kevlar gloves right now. But they are getting pretty tore up. The spiny lobsters can shread the kevlar weave pretty quick. For my next pair of gloves I will be going back to the "simulated Leather palms and finger tips. JM2c

cheebaweebie
03-15-2008, 12:27
I use those rubber dipped cloth gloves you can buy at home depot. $5. I have used them for 2 seasons.

DaneMeyer20
06-15-2008, 19:12
Kevlar gloves get pretty beat up down here

Speargirl
06-19-2008, 14:55
I have learned that my garden gloves work just fine and I don't need to mess up my good warm diving gloves on a lobster. Any cheap pair of gloves will work.

longtailbda
06-19-2008, 15:11
Light leather gloves, or rubber impregnated cotton for warm water.

Speargirl
06-19-2008, 15:21
Not leather:smiley5: I did that once after getting a nice little gash on my hand, I went out and bought a light color pair of leather gloves and the color bleed all over my hands and they were yellow for a week and not only that they get slimmy in the water and your hands slide around in them. :smiley11:
Well that was what happened when I used them. Or maybe because I do get in the water alot maybe I am a fish and I don't know it yet. Hmmmm
I hope I'm not a grouper or a hog I would be on somebodys dinner plate:smiley19:
Becky