PDA

View Full Version : Ranger LTD and knife mounting

Byte Me
03-05-2008, 13:42
I've got a ranger ltd, brand spanking! Got (easily) talked in to it at the Our World Underwater show in Chicago when I swung by the Zeagle booth asking some questions about my older Ranger. They strapped a new on one me and I was hooked.

Anyway, I recently finally picked up a knife Hydralloy Blue Tang Knife, Dive Knives, Underwater Kinetics, Hydralloy Blue Tang Knife (http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BlueTangH)
and am trying to figure out the best way and place to mount it on the BC.

Any suggestions?

diversteve
03-05-2008, 17:25
I mounted mine vertically on the "Zeagle" flap that clips to the bladder. Like this:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/gallery/files/9/2/zeaglemount.jpg
But my knife is about 1-1/2" shorter than yours. And is a blunt-tip.

scuba pup
03-05-2008, 17:35
i mounted mine on the vest ,through one of the rivet holes
the knife is a scubapro and i think you can see it in the photo inthe thread "hello my loverly ranger and zena
i also got a dive rite z-knife in the right shoulder webbing

fisheater
03-05-2008, 20:05
I mounted my titanium version of the same knife upside down on the right shoulder of my Brigade.

I used two black zipties running through the knife strap holes and under the top layer of the Zeagle sewn-on webbing. There are some small "channels" on the shoulder that allow zipties to run through without a problem and eliminate any side to side movement.

Byte Me
03-06-2008, 07:05
Thanks! Never thought of that wing or the zip tie idea. Definitely like the right shoulder location, i'll have to find the pictures in the mentioned thread.

BTW - I went blunt too. Didn't want to stab myself putting it back in the sheath! That and I figured at some point I'd have to use it to pry something and probably end up w/ a bunt tip even if I started w/ a pointy tip!

Byte Me
03-10-2008, 08:41
Mounted it this weekend on the right shoulder. Nice location and doesn't change the comfort of the BC at all. Only concern I have is when just wearing the BC (no regs) it's easy to look down and slide the knife back in, when I play tested with my reg in my mouth it's gonna be harder to look down there and easily see it with the hose being in the way, but that shouldn't be too big a deal, the opening is pretty easy to find. Thanks!

scuba pup
03-12-2008, 19:53
can you do it with your eyes closed !! practice