PDA

View Full Version : Email notification

Jeff
07-10-2007, 12:14
Are we supposed to get an email notification to our posts? I"ve put my email address in my profile, and have responses to my posts but no email notification has come.

Just wondering...

medic001918
07-10-2007, 12:21
If they do offer notification, I would suggest making it a prefrence. I know myself and others don't like getting a ton of emails saying someone has replied to a post.
<DIV>
Shane</DIV>

CompuDude
07-13-2007, 13:06
Would it be possible to have daily summaries emailed rather than instant notification of every single thread we post in? It gets a little overwhelming. :-)

frankc420
07-13-2007, 14:43
I would have to agree with CompuDude, I've already had to remove forumadmin@scubatoys.com from my Junk list a few times in the last 2 days :P

ScubaToys Larry
07-13-2007, 17:55
Don't think I can easily get it to do that... I guess the thought is, you can just go back and check all posts from the active topics, since your last visit... Then just turn off the email option...

Or if there is a special thread you want to know if anyone posts up - then turn it on.

So I'd say, don't subscribe to the welcome posts... but if you are trying to sell something in the used gear dept, or have a post trying to figure out what the vis or weather is somewhere since you're leaving tomorrow - then subscribe to that one.

I might be able to work up additional functionality later, so I never say never.

Thanks for the comments!

BSea
07-23-2007, 10:38
Is there a way to just get 1 e-mail then don't send again till you either vist the post or at least till you log back on again. I think that's how other forum work. There might be 10 post, but I only get 1 e-mail till I actually view that thread.

94GTStang
07-23-2007, 13:30
That might be possible once we get switched over to a VB board...