PDA

View Full Version : Changing guilty pleasures into, well, somewhat less guilty ones

Osprey
03-06-2008, 08:40
So, it's no surprise to hear that I love frequenting coffee shops, since I am sure many of you love a good cup as well. Recently since I no longer work full time (Henna artist at Busch Gardens, so I'd walk around outside aaalll day!), and am stuck on my butt on campus, I noticed all the nice weight I lost come back in what seemed like a week :smiley21::smiley21::smiley21:

So, I started changing my "guilty pleasures" into ones that are a little more manageable. The first thing to do was to nix out most coffee since I love to load it with espresso shots and sweetened creamers. I changed to green tea lattes, and put a single shot of espresso in it. I went further to have the lattes made with soy milk, which knocks off an extra 10 calories from my mid-morning treat

You would think 10 calories isn't a big deal, but I think many of us are learning how tough balancing calories can be when we're stuck sitting around all day

Of course, I also don't have this every day.. maybe twice a week, we can't be completely void of treats, eh? :smiley2:

I am also down to about one beer every two weeks.. which sucked LOL!!

So what about you? How have you changed (read- watered down :smiley2:) your guilty habits?

dallasdivergirl
03-06-2008, 09:46
Tea for coffee with some honey addded in.

I pretty much gave up sodas for iced tea with lime.

I am not giving up my weekend beers! :D

ezra
03-06-2008, 10:29
I gave up Redbull (110 calories) and switched to no-doz caffeine pills (0 calories but same caffeine).

I love Busch Gardens!

Chocoholic
03-06-2008, 21:40
I'm trying to give up chocolate, but I'd rather work out harder.

BuzzGA
03-06-2008, 21:58
I've never been a coffee drinker but since I was in high school I've been a Coke drinker. Now that I am of the age that my high school calls and asks for money I discovered I couldn't eat and drink anything I wanted and keep that same shape I had, so I gave up the regular Cokes and went to Coke Zero or Diet Dr. Pepper...all the caffeine and no calories...off course the burgers and fries are gone except for about once a month when I'm on the road

PhD4JC
03-08-2008, 13:30
Cna't give up chocolate, since right now it's the only thing docking with my dopamine receptors...

I'm trying to give up chocolate, but I'd rather work out harder.

TxScubaBear
03-08-2008, 15:40
I am not giving up my weekend beers! :D

That's my girl!!!! THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!