PDA

View Full Version : Hello from teh Brookfield Zoo

bringman
07-31-2007, 08:29
Well, at least close to the world's famous Brookfield Zoo (outside of Chicago). I've grown up in the town and went to high school right next to the zoo (winds from the northwest would waft the elephant house right into the school!), so I figure I can claim I'm from there.

Took up diving 4 years ago when I met my current wife. She was heading to Roatan to get certified in January, and my August I was certified. By Novemeber we were married and diving off Kona. (I would recommend the manta ray dive to anyone who's in Kona, it's amazing)

May 2004 it was Belize and the Blue Hole.
February 2005 was Cabo San Lucas.
November 2005 was the Explorer live aboard in the Turks and Caicos. (I highly recommend them)
March 2006 was back to Hawaii. We dove Kona, specifically to do the Manta Ray dive again. Hearing whales while dive was really cool, too. Then we did most of our diving on Mauai, including the back of the crater dive.
It took over a year to get to our next dive trip, mainly because I was layed off form my job. The first priority after getting my new job was to plan that dive trip.
April 2007 we went ot Roatan, staying at Fantasy Island. The diving is great, but the resort needs a lot of TLC.

The next trip was planned the day we returned our rental gear to our dive shop (DJ's Scuba Locker in Lyons, IL). Right after Thanksgiving it's off to Bonaire.

Illini_Fan
07-31-2007, 08:39
Welcome - Brookfield really is a great zoo. If you ever get down to DFW, visit the Fort Worth Zoo which is also excellent.

Moxie
07-31-2007, 09:17
Welcome Bringman. Looks like you've got to do some pretty amazing dives. Happy posting.

Coaster
07-31-2007, 14:01
Hey...glad to see you here. Do you ever dive Lake Michigan?

thesmoothdome
07-31-2007, 14:16
Welcome to board. It sounds like you guys are hooked. I also gotta throw out some love for the San Diego Zoo.

Wolfie2012
07-31-2007, 15:39
Welcome to the board! :) The zoo here in Omaha has a great aquarium, add that to the list! ;)

diversteve
07-31-2007, 15:52
Go Bulldogs!! I went there 2 years in the mid-70's. Welcome...

Foo2
07-31-2007, 18:40
Welcome! Sounds like you've had some pretty cool dives! Can't wait to hear more stories.