View Full Version : Need HELP From Texans in Williamson County

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
03-06-2008, 22:07
I have a situation and am hoping maybe a local can help me out a little. My son who is stationed @ Ft. Hood got arrested for Reckless Driving last month and it is my understanding that Williamson is a pretty tough county. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer and is one needed for the type of charge he is facing?

Thanks in advance!!!!!:smiley13:

03-07-2008, 02:49
Sent a PM!!!

Theodore Fitzsimmons

03-07-2008, 14:01
I think you get the chair for wreckless op in Williamson County.

03-07-2008, 20:36
Your son is entitled to free representation through the Staff Judge Advocate's office (lawyers) at Fort Hood. On the other hand, he might not want to bring this to the attention of his commander. When I was in the Army, and had some traffic problems (speeding), I went to court in my dress uniform, and the case was dismissed. Please thank your son for his service, on my behalf. It is appreciated.

03-07-2008, 20:44
wish him the best of luck

03-07-2008, 22:12
My brother was merely told to behave better and that he understood the drive while on leave. Be good, safe and don't do it again.

But, it all depends on the demeanor of the person and if they appear to be repentant. In either event, the military won't be happy about it and I'm sure that's his bigger problem.

Formerly 45yroldNewbie
03-08-2008, 06:10
Actually the Army isn't too upset about it. Of course I'm sure they would be if he ends up with any jail time!! But in my conversations with his Sgt. I was led to believe that they wouldn't do anything as they have had a change of outlook lately. They decided that giving a soldier an Article 15 after having to pay their "debt to society" in the civilian world amounted to double jepordy.

03-08-2008, 08:31
Before you spend the money on an attorney, contact the County Attorney yourself. You may find that he/she will let him plead guilty to a lesser charge pretty easy. If you are unsatisfied with the result of that talk and decide to hire an attorney, hire an attorney from Williamson County.