PDA

View Full Version : 25' air hose

Doghouse
07-10-2007, 12:17
I am looking for an extra long air hose that I can rig for cleaning under my boat without having to lug everything down with me. Just looking to go overboard with the reg, suction cup, and scraper.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I found one place $153 OUCH! Is that normal, or marked up a bit...? (not from scuba toys)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>

mike_s
07-10-2007, 13:04
Divers Supply has a 40' hose for $65 bucks. It's a hooklah hose, which feeds their 2nd stage regulators. I would imagine the connections are the same at least on the 2nd stage end as your reg, but I'd verify first.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>http://www.divers-supply.com/AIR-LINE-40FT-HOSE-EXTENSION-p/ajs0007.htm (http://www.divers-supply.com/AIR-LINE-40FT-HOSE-EXTENSI&#079;N-p/ajs0007.htm)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Scuba.com has regulator hoses that long, but they ain't cheap either.</DIV>
<DIV>http://www.scuba.com/scuba-gear-152/034162/Innovative-Regulator-Hose-3-8-Inch-Male.html</DIV>

awap
07-10-2007, 13:48
How about this: http://cgi.ebay.com/50-Foot-Scuba-Octopus-Regulator-Hose-LP-250-PSI_W0QQitemZ120139817315QQihZ002QQcategoryZ16056Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mike_s
07-10-2007, 15:18
If the Hookah hose doesn't have the right fittings,
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I was concerned it might not have the right fittings.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>
</DIV>
<DIV>how about connect 3 or 4 7' hoses together with connectors. TDL has the connectors. They also have a 50' hose. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Maybe ScubaToys does too. Just because it isn't on the website doesn't mean they don't have it. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>oh man... talk about adding too many "points of failure" by doing that.
Dangerous....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>(I really don't think you'd do that but were just thinking out loud there...)</DIV>

awap
07-10-2007, 16:28
[QUOTE=mike_s
<DIV></DIV>
Dangerous....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>(I really don't think you'd do that but were just thinking out loud there...)</DIV>[/QUOTE]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Sure, hose end (hardware) connections and o-rings are potential failure points but let's put some sense of quantification on them. If those failure points were a serious problem "safe" divers would all be diving unbalanced pistons 1sts and metal cased classic downstream 2nds to minimize o-rings or maybe an integrated octo/inflator to eliminate those unnecessary hose end connections.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>IMHO,"dangerous" and "idiotic are just not the right words. What kind of regs are you diving? BTW, I dive long hoses but they are all made from 2 connected shorter hoses because I needed a little more length than 5 feet and had plenty of shorter hoses.</DIV>

mike_s
07-10-2007, 17:39
[QUOTE=mike_s
Dangerous....</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>(I really don't think you'd do that but were just thinking out loud there...)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Mike, we're talking about cleaning the bottom ofa boat. It's not like jumping in the water with a second stage on a 50' hose in one hand and a scrub brush in the other is DIR. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>[/QUOTE]
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Good point.</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>Though boat cleaning is not DIR, just wait, it'll be a PADI speciality soon!</DIV>

mike_s
07-10-2007, 17:40
(is there an echo in here on the post? looks to me like my post and Reefhounds had the same line echo'd in the quoted part and in our reply?

awap
07-10-2007, 17:42
I think there is a cockroach running around in the quote reply routine.

Jason
07-10-2007, 18:07
doghouse,
Im curious what you will be using to compensate for buoyancy?

Doghouse
07-11-2007, 08:13
<DIV>Thanks for the suggestions!</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I only need it to scrub the prop, and change zincs. I also will use it to inspect the hull. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>As far as the air gauge not being neer, or the danger of entanglement, that is what my buddy is for. </DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>She will be watching the gauge and if I get into trouble, she is there to call for assistance. </DIV>

Foo2
07-11-2007, 11:08
I am looking for an extra long air hose that I can rig for cleaning under my boat without having to lug everything down with me. Just looking to go overboard with the reg, suction cup, and scraper.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>I found one place $153 OUCH! Is that normal, or marked up a bit...? (not from scuba toys)</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV>What is it with guys and their hose length? http://www.scubatoys.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif</DIV>

Doghouse
07-11-2007, 12:45
Good idea about clipping on the second stage. I will look into something for that. Tnx.
<DIV></DIV>

techgnostic
07-16-2007, 13:43
Clip the hose to a chest rig (which you can sling weights on) and run a line from the back of it with the hose up to the deck, so you can be yanked out remotely once the tank runs dry, or if the steaks are done on the grill. :p

About $120 is the cheapest I've seen a 40' hooka setup.

25' is kinda short...better to have extra hose on deck, and be unable to get where you are going.

techgnostic
07-16-2007, 13:45
BTW, if you get a hooka rig, make sure it has a pressure gauge attached to it so you can monitor the tank.

frankc420
07-16-2007, 14:19
Just buy a used 40 and put your reg setup on it, put a gun sling on it and your setsmileys/smiley1.gif