PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Los Angeles - DC500 system

underwaterdiver
07-31-2007, 10:32
Hello from Los Angeles everybody.

I'd like to share some info and maybe someone has a reccomendation.

When the DC500 came out my wife and I bought it from ScubaToys.

What a nifty setup.

We got all the goodies!

We've worked with ScubaToys numerous times to rectify the inside of the housing, at the lense, fogging up the last third of the dive (of course that's when all the really Kool shots are).

We've used anti-fog, put fresh (can't remember the technical name) gel pods and still it keeps fogging up.

It has something to do with the heat generated by the battery.

We've put the camera together in an airconditioned room, we've done it on deck, you name it, we've tried all environmental conditions but the same thing keeps happening.

Also, because the lense (the nose of the camera) fits so snuggly to the lense barrel, the gel pod doesn't get a chance to suck up the moisture.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I love the camera and the entire setup, and have got some absolutely marvelous pix.

Richard

Big Mike
07-31-2007, 10:43
Richard,
Is the housing fogging or the camera lens itself?

I had a problem last year with the housing fogging. It was suggested I leave the housing open for some time before closing it up to enter the boat.

Foo2
07-31-2007, 18:21
Hello Underwaterdiver! Unfortunately I don't have any experience with cameras, but there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this board that will probably be able to help you out. Try posting your question here (http://forum.scubatoys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39). Good luck!