PDA

View Full Version : PCa Ikelite: Waterproof?

Largo
03-09-2008, 14:12
Hi. I have a PCa Ikelite. On my third dive with that light, it started leaking. The deepest I have had it was 60 feet. I drained it, let it dry, replaced the O-Ring (used silicone lube), and the thing still leaks.

Has anyone else had problems with this light?

It works great, unless it gets wet.

DougNR
03-09-2008, 21:08
I have no experience with your light, but if I were you I'd try to figure out if it's the o-ring or a cracked case. Take as much of the internals out as possible and submerse the case. Look for bubbles. If they come from the area of the ring, perhaps there is a flaw in the ring or where it seats. Bubbles from the case is tougher to deal with and will require some warranty service.

Good luck.

awap
03-10-2008, 09:20
Yes, I had one that leaked on it's maiden voyage. After troubleshooting by swapping components with other similar Ikelite lights, I concluded the case was the problem. No cracks or any other obvious defects. The case just seemed to be a little misshapen and prevented proper sealing with the o-ring. I had a PC lite that I had dropped and damager the head so I just swapped some parts around and ended up with a good green & black PC lite. Contact Ikelite and see if they will replace it.