PDA

View Full Version : N.Y.'rs out there?

boates
03-09-2008, 17:19
Any news on the Naked Cowboys lawsuit against M&M?

scubacat80
03-09-2008, 19:30
The naked truth about The Naked Cowboy case - CNN.com (http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/02/14/naked.cowboy/index.html)

Didn't hear about it until now. Interesting case though. I am not sure that you would be able to confuse him and a naked M&M.

thor
03-09-2008, 21:06
I just saw him two weeks ago. He didn't even look cold. How does he do it.

cummings66
03-09-2008, 21:35
As a kid in Fulton NY I used to play outdoors in the snow with almost no clothes on, much to my parents displeasure. I sort of think the cold there isn't like the cold here, it's not biting.

I'd never do what he does though, not enough guts. Or maybe too many guts now a days.

georoc01
03-10-2008, 10:55
As a kid in Fulton NY I used to play outdoors in the snow with almost no clothes on, much to my parents displeasure. I sort of think the cold there isn't like the cold here, it's not biting.

I'd never do what he does though, not enough guts. Or maybe too many guts now a days.

Really? I find its the opposite, but that it didn't get as cold up there due to Lake Effect moderating temps. But the higher humidity certainly makes it worse than here in Colorado where its pretty much bone dry.

thor
03-10-2008, 13:19

Really? I find its the opposite, but that it didn't get as cold up there due to Lake Effect moderating temps. But the higher humidity certainly makes it worse than here in Colorado where its pretty much bone dry.

I agree. I find the cold here really bites

cummings66
03-11-2008, 07:31
If you think the cold there bites, then you'd be in for a SHOCK here. I don't think it's very biting there compared to here because here it just penetrates to your marrow.

I'd take the cold of NY anyday over our cold, pass it along if you don't like it.

thor
03-11-2008, 10:44
If you think the cold there bites, then you'd be in for a SHOCK here. I don't think it's very biting there compared to here because here it just penetrates to your marrow.

I'd take the cold of NY anyday over our cold, pass it along if you don't like it.

Oh yeah, well I'm rubber and you're glue...

cummings66
03-11-2008, 12:22
What part of NY are you from? I was born in Fulton and spent most of my younger years nearby, Syracuse for the most part. The zoo was almost in my backyard, I could ride to it easily.

Then I moved to East Syracuse, not far from the old base there. I remember attending air shows as a kid.

So yes, I do remember lake effect snows. That was fun, we could use snowmobiles quite often there. My Dad who still lives in Minetto told me they have had 47 inches of snow, man I envy him.

Think
03-11-2008, 14:38
NYC winters suck so bad because you have to WALK everywhere. Now I just walk 10 steps to my car and crank up the heater :smiley36:

Hopefully the cowboy guy wins his case. Maybe he could buy the Hershey store in Times Square afterwards and turn it into a naked cowboy store or something equally stupid.

georoc01
03-11-2008, 14:40
I grew up in Rochester, NY and then went to college in Potsdam NY. My sophomore year during finals week of the fall semester, it never got above 20 below for the week. Everyone needed to get their car jumped just to get it started to drive home.

Saranac Lake, NY is frequently one of the colder places in the country.

Along the lakes you have the high humidity.

While the temps here in Colorado due get colder, being bone dry, it doesn't feel nearly as cold.

boates
03-11-2008, 22:31
O.K. getting back to the law suit. Apparently the Naked Cowboy registered his name/image as a patten. M&M ran an ad with a naked M&M (calling him the naked M&M) with a diaper, hat and guitar, looks alot like him (anyone noticed that the m'm guy is more dressed "naked" than when they appear normally?). The Naked Cowboy saw this on the ad screen on Times Square and launched the suit :smiley2: millions who knew!