PDA

View Full Version : EcoShot vs Reefmaster mini

Lynn
03-11-2008, 09:42
Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Sealife EcoShot and Reefmaster mini cameras other than depth? They seem to be the same camera. Thank you, Lynn

mark44883
03-11-2008, 09:55
they look the same to me

reeldive
03-11-2008, 10:07
Eco Shot = Vitar's vivicam 6200w
Reef Master mini is the same camera with improved depth capabilities
All of sealifes digitals are made by Vivitar

Lynn
03-11-2008, 10:35
Thank you!!

TravisD
03-11-2008, 14:08
So, given that they all appear to be identical cases, what's the actual difference? Since the locking mechanisms appear to be identical, what would be the difference between them to get different depth ratings? O-ring hardness?

...or would it by cynical of me to assume that price differences basically just cover the extra warranty replacements that come with rating a camera for 130 ft. vs. 75? Marketecture? :)

RoyN
03-11-2008, 16:54
Nope, no differences at all other then the way both can withstand pressure.

BillyBob_jcv
05-11-2008, 16:05
Hi all - first post here.

I'm also looking at the Mini vs Ecoshot vs Vivitar 6200W. What has me a bit confused are the respective user reviews i have googled - the Mini has excellent reviews, the Ecoshot has generally good reviews, but the Vivitar has very mixed reviews with some specifically complaining of poor image quality.

If they are all really the same camera with different pressure ratings, what accounts for the differences in perceived image quality? Is it simply the expectations and experience of the reviewers, or is there some other differences in the lenses or firmware?

Finally, how does the underwater image quality of these 3 cameras compare to using a decent P&S (like a Canon A-series) with it's appropriate Canon UW housing?

Thanks - great site! :smiley20: