PDA

View Full Version : Blue Grotto and Devil's Den area?

wolfen42
03-11-2008, 09:58
Hi,my wife and I will be down in your area the last week of March. Are there any particularly good (or bad) local dive shops around there? Hopefully we'll have managed to get appropriate wetsuits before we get down there... but who knows... :)

NitroWill
03-11-2008, 11:09
I would get the suits before you come down - as I am not aware of a dive shop in the area. Blue Grotto has rentals but they are ridiculously high price and you would be better off getting one before you came down so you KNOW you will have a good fit.

Are you driving down or flying into Orlando? If getting one before coming down isn't an option there is surely one on the way

ScubaJW
03-11-2008, 12:40
If you are flying in Orlando, then there is a Diver's Direct store in Orlando, some of their products are reasonably priced. I, personally, never bought wetsuits from them. They have a huge selection of wetsuits that you can choose from and try out.

But in Willston (the town where Blue Grotto and Devil's Den), I am not sure of any SCUBA shops except in Ocala area - but they are overpriced, in my opinion.

wolfen42
03-11-2008, 13:38
Ouch! Thanks for the heads up. We'll make sure we are properly prepared before we arrive. (We're going to be driving down over the weekends and making a week of it.)

Looks like we'll be renting as much of our equipment up here as possible... :)

Scubastud16
03-11-2008, 15:43
Buying in Orlando, there is Castaway Scuba and Scuba World on East-50. I may be in Blue Grotto that Sunday.