PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Tri-cities, Michigan!

MichiganDiver
07-31-2007, 12:23
Hello. I am a middle-aged diver from the Tri-cities in Michigan. I was certified a year ago, and I have two dive trips under my belt. My check-out OW dives were undertaken in the Bahamas, and last spring I went to Cozumel. My 14-year-old son is my dive buddy.

I don't get to dive as often as I'd like, probably because I don't have much interest in Great Lakes diving. I'll just go for the warm Caribbean waters :smiley2:.

I joined this forum because I think Scubatoys is a good store, and because I wouldn't mind getting some gift certificates.

That's all.

Coaster
07-31-2007, 13:21
Hello. I'm glad to hear from Michigan on the forum. I have dived in Michigan....really enjoyed it. Where are the Tri-Cities?

reservecops
07-31-2007, 17:42
Hello. I'm glad to hear from Michigan on the forum. I have dived in Michigan....really enjoyed it. Where are the Tri-Cities?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-Cities_(Michigan)

dochaire
07-31-2007, 17:44
warm diving is a long way from michigan...my first dive was in lake clare..in
1966...while i was a high school student in Midland...cold!!..no gauges...no
wet suits..no visibility...yuk!...diving is much better now days....first liveaboard was from Traverse City to the Cayman islands...1990...now that
was living!!
dochaire
Silver City, NM

Coaster
07-31-2007, 22:14
Thanks reservecops....got it now..in the mitten near the thumb. Saw it on GoogleEarth.

Wolfie2012
07-31-2007, 22:19
Welcome aboard :) No cold water diving eh? That's too bad... I hear the great lakes have some of the best wreck diving... lookin forward to gettin up there someday!

Moxie
07-31-2007, 22:41
Hello Michigandiver! I am originally from the SW Ontario region and have dived the lakes! Welcome to the boards!

Foo2
07-31-2007, 23:54
I agree...gift certificates rock! Welcome to ST!

pjm1128
08-01-2007, 09:40
Hi, I'm Pat, and live in Ann Arbor. I've been diving about six years now and just completed my 178th dive on a Bahamas trip last week aboard the Cat Ppalu. I'm pretty much a tropical type diver as well and I would say about 99% of my diving has been saltwater (Bahamas annually, Grand Turk, Little Cayman, and Maui). I've not been diving in the Great Lakes at all, tho I hear the wreck diving is awesome, but I must say I like colorful fishes and reefs.

Foo2
08-01-2007, 09:52
Hey Pat! Congrats of your 178th dive! I have to say, colorful fishes and reefs are awesome!

Coaster
08-01-2007, 10:06
Hi, I'm Pat, and live in Ann Arbor. I've been diving about six years now and just completed my 178th dive on a Bahamas trip last week aboard the Cat Ppalu. I'm pretty much a tropical type diver as well and I would say about 99% of my diving has been saltwater (Bahamas annually, Grand Turk, Little Cayman, and Maui). I've not been diving in the Great Lakes at all, tho I hear the wreck diving is awesome, but I must say I like colorful fishes and reefs.

Welcome to the forum. I dove with a diver from Wisconsin who told me that after diving 30 years he has never dived in the ocean! I thought ocean diving should be mandatory fun...I dove near Kihei...where have you dived Maui?

Disneymom
08-01-2007, 10:26
Welcome!!

pjm1128
08-03-2007, 20:19
[quote=pjm1128;14062]

Welcome to the forum. I dove with a diver from Wisconsin who told me that after diving 30 years he has never dived in the ocean! I thought ocean diving should be mandatory fun...I dove near Kihei...where have you dived Maui?

I have done some shore diving near Wailea, and have left on several boat trips from the Kihei boat ramp. I usually stay in Kihei when I go to Maui. I got my certification over near the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali. This past trip, I did two dives over on Lanai, a Molokini dive (back wall drift), and a boat dive off the pali lookout. I try to get to Maui every couple years....It's one of my favorite places.

Coaster
08-03-2007, 22:21
[quote=pjm1128;14062]

I have done some shore diving near Wailea, and have left on several boat trips from the Kihei boat ramp. I usually stay in Kihei when I go to Maui. I got my certification over near the Sheraton Black Rock in Kaanapali. This past trip, I did two dives over on Lanai, a Molokini dive (back wall drift), and a boat dive off the pali lookout. I try to get to Maui every couple years....It's one of my favorite places.

I would like to dive those places...I dove the Molokini back wall and it was fascinating. The shore dives at Wailea are a real treat..easy, relaxing,
and turtles. What is Lanai like?

94GTStang
08-04-2007, 08:08
Welcome to the boards! I was in Mackinac Island a few months ago and was amazed at the water clarity. Of course I didn't have my gear :(

Bill22
08-04-2007, 20:23
Hi welcome to the Board :-) I already posted elsewhere about my friend from Michigan who having only experienced cold water with limited visilibility, took me a year to get him to go diving with me in Florida. Unfortunately that was two weeks before he left!