PDA

View Full Version : Another Contest and More Gift Certificates!

ScubaToys Larry
03-11-2008, 17:30
Yes... Here we go. Even though we just put the Scuba Diving Tube site up a week ago ( Scuba Diving Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com) ), we have already had over 6000 views of the videos. And I see we have a lot of members who have signed up - but have not posted any videos! :smiley5:

So I guess it will take a bit of prodding. And here's the prod.

We will give a $75.00 gift certificate to the best video posted... and this can be any video you got from anywhere - as long as it's not a copyright infringement. So just find a good one and post it!

But if you have some original video... then we're going to up the ante to a $200 gift certificate!

Now after you post one, you will see that within a few minutes it will automatically generate new thread in this forum. Just go in and add a post to the thread with the words "Video Contest Entry" in the description. Then tell us if it's original or not, and perhaps a few thoughts on why folks should choose yours!

We will make the final determination based on posts in this forum, number of comments and star rating on the scubadivingtube.com forum, plus a panel of judges.

Anyone who "stuffs the ballet box" will be eliminated. (we can tell who voted, how many times you view each video, etc... so play fair!)

Let's share that last trip where you saw the turtle, or the eel, or even the video of your bud doing the belly flop as he tried to giant stride into the lake.

Remember, nothing risque' - and for this contest, the content of the video must be scuba related...

So post some good stuff and we'll announce the winners in both categories on April 30 - so you have plenty of time to get some good ones up.

Best of luck!

ronscuba
03-11-2008, 17:45
....the best video posted... and this can be any video you got from anywhere - as long as it's not a copyright infringement. So just find a good one and post it!

But if you have some original video...

Larry, can you clarify. "any video from anywhere" ? Does this mean we don't have to be the one who filmed and edited the video ?

Copyright infringement... Does that include using commercial music/soundtrack ?

Thanks, this is a nice deal you are offering.

Ron

ScubaToys Larry
03-11-2008, 18:04
Larry, can you clarify. "any video from anywhere" ? Does this mean we don't have to be the one who filmed and edited the video ?

Ron

Ok.. here's the deal... let's be honest... You are hard pressed to find something on one video site that hasn't been ripped down and published somewhere else. In fact the newest version of Real Player has an automatic FLV downloader to make it easy for you! (but only works on vista)

And a lot of people add sound tracks to these vids from something they have kicking around. The number of cases where a site had to remove something like this are very small...

Our rules will be, we'll assume it's ok - whatever you post. You are taking the responsibility - just like any other video site. If we get a notice that it is infringing, and we have to take it down - then it will not be eligible... but if it's still up on April 30 - you are in the running.

Fair?

ronscuba
03-11-2008, 18:23
That's fair.

I've used copyrighted music many times. I'm not worried about the copyright police. Just wanted a clarification on contest rules.

KGNickl
03-13-2008, 12:53

Ron

if it's still up on April 30 - you are in the running.

Fair?
lol

booger
03-20-2008, 19:39
Dear Larry... I have a problem. My intentions were to enter the contest, and while the video I intended on still shows up on the forum with a link, it does not show up on the scuba diving tube website itself. Four of my other videos do, but not this one. What gives?

ScubaToys Larry
03-26-2008, 18:19
Dear Larry... I have a problem. My intentions were to enter the contest, and while the video I intended on still shows up on the forum with a link, it does not show up on the scuba diving tube website itself. Four of my other videos do, but not this one. What gives?

We had a few glitches in the RSS feed... shoot me the link to the video and I'll put it in by hand... or you can just start a post with the info to it... either way.

scubasavvy
03-30-2008, 00:43
Sounds totally legit to me. I'm surprised more people haven't contributed. Lets go guys!

silencioazul
04-10-2008, 17:50
Dear Larry,
I have uploades 2 videos to the scubadivingtube but just only one is listed under my user videos.
The video that is not listed is Scuba Diving Videos Shark wants to taste me (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=382) ...can you give a hand on it?

best regards
Brino

DollFin
04-27-2008, 19:03
Hey, can anyone tell me how I can save a video I found on MyspaceTV that I want to upload here? I only know how to post it as a link. MySpaceTV Videos: Puffer Fish by Matt (http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=619550907)

MSilvia
04-30-2008, 16:14
we'll announce the winners in both categories on April 30
So... who won?

ScubaToys Larry
04-30-2008, 17:55
Well, I'm proud to say that in less than 2 months, we've got hundreds of great videos out there, and they've accumulated nearly 100,000 views!

Many people submitted great stuff... so it was not easy determining who should get the gift certificates... but when the judges added up the views, ratings, comments on the videos and in the forum, there was a mutual agreement, that although it's hard to say which one of his video's deserved it, ronscuba should win the best original vid award.

Scuba Diving Videos Belize Preview Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=194)
Scuba Diving Videos Roatan Shark Dive Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=193)

and others showed a lot of effort into the editing, bringing in music, the interviews with the divers, and some great footage.

You can check out all his videos by going to this link: Scuba Diving Videos Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/membervideos.php?uid=46)

For the best non original... Really... we didn't have too many entries! Not to downplay our winner... it was a late entry - only out for a few days, and still has had 170 or so views. And the people who viewed it posted up on this board - talking about how amazing it was having this huge shark eating out of a divers hand!

So the winner for non-original goes to mm2002 for this one:

Scuba Diving Videos Feeding Tiger Shark Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=473)

Congrats to the winners, and special thanks to everyone who posted a video, and also thanks to those who just watched!

And let me know what you think... do this again?? Another contest for the video entry??

I'd like to see some more up there - so how about we start fresh now, and new entries starting tomorrow May 1- and since we don't get too many non-original ones, we'll make it for original videos only. But to make this one interesting, we'll do a $125 for best blue water video, and $125 for best fresh water video.

So fire up your video cameras and let's get some new vids!

Foo2
04-30-2008, 18:24
Congrats to ronscuba & mm2002!!! Enjoy your gift certificates!!!!!!

mixahl
04-30-2008, 19:33
I think the people who watched should also get gift certificates...:smiley36::smiley36::smiley36::smil ey36:

mixahl
04-30-2008, 19:47
Well, I'm proud to say that in less than 2 months, we've got hundreds of great videos out there, and they've accumulated nearly 100,000 views!

Many people submitted great stuff... so it was not easy determining who should get the gift certificates... but when the judges added up the views, ratings, comments on the videos and in the forum, there was a mutual agreement, that although it's hard to say which one of his video's deserved it, ronscuba should win the best original vid award.

Scuba Diving Videos Belize Preview Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=194)
Scuba Diving Videos Roatan Shark Dive Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=193)

and others showed a lot of effort into the editing, bringing in music, the interviews with the divers, and some great footage.

You can check out all his videos by going to this link: Scuba Diving Videos Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/membervideos.php?uid=46)

For the best non original... Really... we didn't have too many entries! Not to downplay our winner... it was a late entry - only out for a few days, and still has had 170 or so views. And the people who viewed it posted up on this board - talking about how amazing it was having this huge shark eating out of a divers hand!

So the winner for non-original goes to mm2002 for this one:

Scuba Diving Videos Feeding Tiger Shark Scuba Videos (http://www.scubadivingtube.com/play.php?vid=473)

Congrats to the winners, and special thanks to everyone who posted a video, and also thanks to those who just watched!

And let me know what you think... do this again?? Another contest for the video entry??

I'd like to see some more up there - so how about we start fresh now, and new entries starting tomorrow May 1- and since we don't get too many non-original ones, we'll make it for original videos only. But to make this one interesting, we'll do a $125 for best blue water video, and $125 for best fresh water video.

So fire up your video cameras and let's get some new vids!

When does this contest end?
thanks!

mm2002
04-30-2008, 21:24
Wow! I don't know what to say! Thank you ST! As always, you guys just rock!!!!!!!!

mixahl
04-30-2008, 21:36
congrats mm2002, it was a good shark video! Im jealous now....

mm2002
04-30-2008, 21:57
Actually, if it's OK with Joe and Larry, I'd like to give my certificate to another forum member. ST forum member pyre24 is trying to put together his first set of gear, and purchased a BC from me. He still needs a few items, and if he will accept this, I'd like to give him the $75 to help towards other stuff he needs. I do know that at the present time he's unemployed, and seems like a very good person. We all get a little down on our luck from time to time, and I think this may help him out a bit right now.

ratown
04-30-2008, 21:58
Actually, if it's OK with Joe and Larry, I'd like to give my certificate to another forum member. ST forum member pyre24 is trying to put together his first set of gear, and purchased a BC from me. He still needs a few items, and if he will accept this, I'd like to give him the $75 to help towards other stuff he needs. I do know that at the present time he's unemployed, and seems like a very good person. We all get a little down on our luck from time to time, and I think this may help him out a bit right now.

You are officially my scuba toys forum hero. Way to share the stoke.

mm2002
04-30-2008, 22:03

You are officially my scuba toys forum hero. Way to share the stoke.

No man, I'm no hero. Scuba Toys are the heroes. I'm not giving anything, they are. :smiley20:

MSilvia
05-01-2008, 08:54
Hmm... I'm going out this weekend to do some wreck video, but the ocean around here is neither fresh nor blue.

ronscuba
05-01-2008, 17:40

Thanks, I'm honored. Thanks Larry and Scubatoys, it's a very generous thing to do.

No more contest entries for me, but I just got back from Indonesia, and I'll put up a few of my videos from that trip.

JillianAnnO
07-14-2008, 17:25
Hubby and I differ at where we were but for one of our first blue water dives.... this wasn't too bad too see... there were 2 Manta Rays hovering above us and appeared to be dancing...they would come in for a closer look...then scooted out! It was AMAZING for newbies!!! Talk about feeling BLESSED and in awe of the Wonders of the world.
Video of Manta Ray July 11, 2008 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting (http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc73/mannyo003/?action=view&current=Vacation2008290.flv)

:smilie40: :smiley31:

mchain
07-14-2008, 19:44
So is this contest still active? Seems like a great idea.

James1010
11-10-2008, 10:35
Larry I have a video for you that I am posting here. If you use it great! I could use a gift!
YouTube - Scuba Diving Accident, funny adventures of Piggy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5dxm88mL5E)

James1010
11-10-2008, 10:41
Larry I tried to upload the video but it said there was something wrong with the format. Can we post videos here? Just for the computer illiterate people?

mm2002
12-15-2009, 04:18
PLease look at the date on the thread.....ummmmm....JULY 2008. I'm pretty sure they have picked a winner by now. :smiley36: