PDA

View Full Version : Diver in West Texas

kd5gje
07-31-2007, 12:34
Just saying hi. I was certified a year ago and haven't dived since, the stuff is too expensive at the moment. One day I will get all the needed equipment.

loudgonzo
07-31-2007, 12:46
Hi! Welcome to the forum!

Don't let the high cost of owning your gear keep you from diving, look at renting.

Coaster
07-31-2007, 13:11
Hey..welcome to the forum...I have rented equipment so I could dive...then over time I purchased items from my priority list...after awhile I had some personal equipment of my own, rented some items, and went diving.

When I am not diving regularly I head to the ScubaToys pool with my mask,fins,and snorkel. I use their training dive equipment to practice the basic safety drills.

kd5gje
07-31-2007, 15:35
Thanks for the input. If I rented, it would have to be somewhere else. If I rented through the dive shop here in town (Lubbock) I could have my own nice regulator within just a few trips.

My wife, brother, brothers wife, and I all took the certification class at the same time. We are all in the same boat but my brother has already slowly started working on his equipment.

Wolfie2012
07-31-2007, 15:37
Well, hopefully you get back in the water soon! :)

Welcome to the forum!

Foo2
07-31-2007, 18:35
Welcome Kd5gje! I'm in the same boat as you. Trying to build up my gear. I hope you can get wet soon!