PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

danielh03
03-11-2008, 20:42
Ok, been certified for six months now, and diving on a temp card for all six months. I have talked to the instructor, who keeps issuing me temp cards, and resubmitting my paperwork. He even hand delivered it to the NY office on a recent trip up there. He is doing everything he can to get me and my wife our cards, but things "keep happening" I do not think my instructor is pulling any fast ones because he has shown me the emials and I have been in the shop when he has called ANDI. They first lost our paperwork, then lost our pics, then lost the entire file. After six months of this, I have contacted the company personaly, and I am getting the run around again. After answering my first 3 emails, the person in charge of issuing cards will not reply, and my calls are not taken. I am considering legal action, but I think thats to hasty as of yet. Do you think that the orginization should comp my wife and I a class each or repay part of our fees? What do you think is reasonable?

Shellback
03-11-2008, 21:11
Ok, been certified for six months now, and diving on a temp card for all six months. I have talked to the instructor, who keeps issuing me temp cards, and resubmitting my paperwork. He even hand delivered it to the NY office on a recent trip up there. He is doing everything he can to get me and my wife our cards, but things "keep happening" I do not think my instructor is pulling any fast ones because he has shown me the emials and I have been in the shop when he has called ANDI. They first lost our paperwork, then lost our pics, then lost the entire file. After six months of this, I have contacted the company personaly, and I am getting the run around again. After answering my first 3 emails, the person in charge of issuing cards will not reply, and my calls are not taken. I am considering legal action, but I think thats to hasty as of yet. Do you think that the orginization should comp my wife and I a class each or repay part of our fees? What do you think is reasonable?
Seems to me that your instructor should be the one to get more involved since he is affilitated with the organization and at least get an answer for you as to when your cert. will be processed. So if it were me, I would press him/her for some answers on the issue.

As far as any legal action, I would hold off on that for the time being until you obtained a firm response from the instructor.

Hope it all works out for you in the end and it sounds as though ANDI is not a very reputable organization.

mark44883
03-11-2008, 21:51
that would realy make me mad to you done your part it took me like a week to get my card

Tom A
03-12-2008, 07:50
what org. did you go through

CaptainRon
03-12-2008, 08:41
I would email the certification agency one more time and let them know you have posted your situation and experience with them on this discussion board and that you will follow up with their response, either good or bad. It might influence them to get the situation resolved to your satisfaction. Then again, if they are as unethical as it seems, they may not care.

Crimediver
03-12-2008, 08:56
I had problems with a LDS that dragged on for 6 months. After posting on a forum about the runaround I was getting i got my merchandise 2 hours later. Let them know about the forum and see what happens. You need to ID the agency.

frankc420
03-12-2008, 08:58
I took my rescue class back in October or November of last year, I still don't have my card. Apparently PADI sent our cards to the wrong instructor and it's been messed up ever since.

navyhmc
03-12-2008, 09:00
If I recall correctly, ANDI is American Nitrox Divers Incoprorated.

Did you take your open water through them?

I think I would go with Captain Ron's recommendation. And keep on top of the instructor and the HQ. As a side bar, you may want to affiliate with NAUI or PADI as they seem to have a better working relationship with divers and instructors.

thor
03-12-2008, 09:20
It all sounds like good advice. You may also want to contact or file a complaint against ANDI with the Better Business Bureau of NY if you can't resolve the issue with your LDS and ANDI, assuming ANDI is a NY company.
New York: Home (http://www.newyork.bbb.org/WWWRoot/SitePage.aspx?site=24&id=7ebe68e4-3db7-4d13-a004-72634b4feab1)

danielh03
03-12-2008, 09:23
what org. did you go through

ANDI, one of the newer ones from what I understand. I believe they have a HQ in NY. I have been told they have lost my paperwork for a 4th time. I have considered posting our emails back and fourth, but I would have to edit out names of course.

MicahEW
03-12-2008, 09:41
assuming they use their real names lol.

danielh03
03-12-2008, 20:32

I am sure they are lol. I called them today, and asked to talk to the CEO today. They put me on hold, and said they paged him, but he was unable to take any calls. The funny thing about it is I ended up on the phone with the person I have been emailing with. After reading my last email to them, and then me calling, they decided to pay close attention to me this time. Funny what happens when you start using words like "referal, liability of cost, breach of contract.... ect.!!! They became more than helpfull. By noon today we reached a resolution, but its tenative on me getting my cards lol. I am in a better humor about it today, but not by much. :smilie39:

huvrr
05-05-2008, 11:48
With PADI I choose to have the cards sent to me and not LDS or instructor etc. They have been good when I have called them with any issues.

wolfen42
05-05-2008, 12:40

I am sure they are lol. I called them today, and asked to talk to the CEO today. They put me on hold, and said they paged him, but he was unable to take any calls. The funny thing about it is I ended up on the phone with the person I have been emailing with. After reading my last email to them, and then me calling, they decided to pay close attention to me this time. Funny what happens when you start using words like "referal, liability of cost, breach of contract.... ect.!!! They became more than helpfull. By noon today we reached a resolution, but its tenative on me getting my cards lol. I am in a better humor about it today, but not by much. :smilie39:

Ouch... sounds like you've had a painful experience with ANDI. I'll keep that in mind when we decide where/through who we will be doing our Nitrox training.

elijahb
05-05-2008, 19:50
wow sounds like a big hassle. I would see if I could meet with someone other than the PR officer and maybe that will help you. hope you get your c-card.

spatman
05-05-2008, 21:16

so what's the update? have you finally gotten your card?

fwiw, i have had great experiences with NAUI so far.

wolfen42
05-05-2008, 22:50
Is ANDI connected with any of the other certification agencies or is it completely seperate? Ie, could you transfer your certification over to another agency once you manage to get your C-Card from them?