PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Larry for Honour

Harshal
07-31-2007, 13:53
I appreciate it and it was really cool to make all the divers founding members who joined the forum in early days.

It was impressive, most forums would not have done that or they would want to charge extra to do that.
I have to tell one thing Larry know how to keep his customers happy…………lol :)

ertechsg
07-31-2007, 14:01
Ditto

Vercingetorix
07-31-2007, 14:04
I have to tell one thing Larry know how to keep his customers happy…………lol And not just Larry. His spirit, and Joe's, permeates the entire staff at ST. They are there to help the customer make the best choice. Sometimes, they'll recommend a lesser priced product if it better suits your needs. Joe did this with me the very first day I walked in his shop. He even refused to sell me anything because I knew nothing about scuba and had not yet registered for OW (I registered a few days later). This was in sharp contrast to other LDS's that pushed products to me on the same day. I did not hide my scuba ignorance from any LDS. Only Joe took that to heart. I buy outside of ScubaToys IF AND ONLY IF they do not carry AND cannot order what I'm looking for. ST ALWAYS gets first option from me.

ScubaToys Larry
07-31-2007, 14:15
I appreciate it and it was really cool to make all the divers founding members who joined the forum in early days.

It was impressive, most forums would not have done that or they would want to charge extra to do that.

Well, when it comes down to it, you are the forum. I just have a little server space, and a ton of work from Tommy! But you guys are what really makes it, and the folks that suffered through out initial start up and cross over - it's really the least I could do... I had some other ideas... but this was the least. :smilie39:

thesmoothdome
07-31-2007, 14:21

Well, when it comes down to it, you are the forum. I just have a little server space, and a ton of work from Tommy! But you guys are what really makes it, and the folks that suffered through out initial start up and cross over - it's really the least I could do... I had some other ideas... but this was the least. :smilie39:

Suffered? In all honesty, it was probably the most painless cross over I've seen.

loudgonzo
07-31-2007, 14:26

Suffered? In all honesty, it was probably the most painless cross over I've seen.

Are you kidding!! I had to see a therapist!! I'm wondering if Larry is going to cover my therapy!:) LOL

Harshal
07-31-2007, 14:36
All I would demand on top of this is make this forum look like a damm spread sheet……….lol
1 – this is addictive might have to go to rehab
2 – makes it hard to be on here and do work or atleast make it look like I am working……..lol
;)

thesmoothdome
07-31-2007, 14:39
All I would demand on top of this is make this forum look like a damm spread sheet……….lol
2 – makes it hard to be on here and do work or atleast make it look like I am working……..lol
;)

Work? What is this strange thing you speak of?

Vercingetorix
07-31-2007, 14:43
2 – makes it hard to be on here and do work or at least make it look like I am working……..lol
I've given-up even looking like I'm working.:smilie39:
The second thought, my bro, TheSmoothDome, is right on the money. Wisdom, as we've come to expect.

Harshal
07-31-2007, 14:44
;)

Unfortunatley I have to do that strange things to pay bills.......lol and buy more dive gear from Larry...........:)

kevinj1
07-31-2007, 16:26
WORK---it's overrated lol

BSea
07-31-2007, 16:30
;)

You know....WORK. Like clean your gear, change out your old fin straps for spring straps. Put new batteries in your lights, or charge them. Tie on a new bolt snap. The list goes on & on.

creggur
07-31-2007, 16:42
it's really the least I could do... I had some other ideas... but this was the least. :smilie39:

Hey don't let that stop you man!!!! This group can always handle more....

TommyB
07-31-2007, 18:40
;)

Get a job that requires you to be on the net 24x7, then no matter what you do it looks like your Working!! (even when goofing off with Larry/Joe and crew) :smilie39:

plot
07-31-2007, 19:02
As a fellow founding member, I would just like to.. um... post in this thread...

i never said i was gonna bring content with me. :simpsons16:

TxScubaBear
07-31-2007, 20:30
DOH! as he looks at the message above him!

thesmoothdome
07-31-2007, 21:19
;)

You know....WORK. Like clean your gear, change out your old fin straps for spring straps. Put new batteries in your lights, or charge them. Tie on a new bolt snap. The list goes on & on.

Clean gear? boy you people certainly do speak of strange things.

fire diver
07-31-2007, 21:35
I like having the founding member title also. Kinda cool to be in on the ground floor of something.

FD

ertechsg
08-01-2007, 10:06
[
Unfortunatley I have to do that strange things to pay bills.......lol and buy more dive gear from Larry...........:) If I remember right Larry is paying you to work. CORRECT?

Harshal
08-01-2007, 10:15
[
Unfortunatley I have to do that strange things to pay bills.......lol and buy more dive gear from Larry...........:) If I remember right Larry is paying you to work. CORRECT?

If Larry would give me competitive offer, I would be glad to move back to Dallas……..any day.

Skinsfan1311
08-01-2007, 11:10
Yes....we "Founding Members" are quite knowledgeable and important.

Now...if you could just change the "Tadpole" moniker under our usernames, to something cool, like
"Dive Stud" or "Widow Maker"...........

Harshal
08-01-2007, 11:43
Yes....we "Founding Members" are quite knowledgeable and important.

Now...if you could just change the "Tadpole" moniker under our usernames, to something cool, like
"Dive Stud" or "Widow Maker"...........

lol, I think there was another thread goign somewhere suggesting what other names could be......:)

Centerius
08-01-2007, 15:31
The transition was very smooth (compared to some that I've seen... *shudders*).

Wolfie2012
08-01-2007, 16:25
There was a transition? ;) So smooth ya blink and miss it.

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:12
What's the criteria for founding member?

Harshal
08-03-2007, 09:24
I don’t know, but my feel is all the people who joined the forum early, in first few weeks of it being started.
Larry might be better at answering this question…… I just took a shot………. 

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:36
It can't be that. I joined the same day as you...

Harshal
08-03-2007, 09:47
yea, thats true I did not notice your join date, I don't know then.
Unless you were mean to Larry......... did you vote for Joe in the poll ..... :)

LOL .....

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 09:51
Whatever, I aint complainin'. It's all good...

Harshal
08-03-2007, 09:58
Whatever, I aint complainin'. It's all good...

PM Larry, I really don't know how he picked up, and like you pointed you joned the same day I did.

Knowing Larry may be he forgot..........lol :)

ScubaToys Larry
08-03-2007, 10:06
What we did was run a query for all members who had 10 posts before we did the cross over to the new board format. But heck... get some more posting and at least you can move from Tadpole to Guppy - or all the way to Grouper and beyond!

Harshal
08-03-2007, 10:17
What we did was run a query for all members who had 10 posts before we did the cross over to the new board format. But heck... get some more posting and at least you can move from Tadpole to Guppy - or all the way to Grouper and beyond! and one day you can be Grand Poohbah............lol :)

Bigg_Budd
08-03-2007, 10:22
All good.