PDA

View Full Version : Canon Power Shot 70/WP-DC40

RonC
03-12-2008, 21:04
I would like to know the proper way to turn the camera on & off when in the housing. Also, when I set the white balance setting for underwater and then after a bit the camera powers down due to inactivity(3 min. I think),I have to reset the white balance. Can it be set to remain in the underwater setting until I reset it?

lisacay
05-02-2008, 10:02
I just used the on/ off switch, but i really didn't turn it off while underwater. you can go into the settings and change the power setting on the camera so that it does not power off. I would give you specifics but I don't have the camera anymore.

DevilDiver
05-02-2008, 10:14
I would like to know the proper way to turn the camera on & off when in the housing. Also, when I set the white balance setting for underwater and then after a bit the camera powers down due to inactivity(3 min. I think),I have to reset the white balance. Can it be set to remain in the underwater setting until I reset it?

If you set the WB in the P or M mode the settings should remain. When setting the WB you should take another reading every 10ft you ascend or descend for corrections. You can set to "cloudy" as well for improved WB instead for having to making custom changes constantly.