PDA

View Full Version : Sucks being a Canadian

mitchy
03-13-2008, 08:06
Just got the ST newsletter and was happy to see they are sending out free magazine subscriptions - only to learn I don't qualify because I use the word 'eh' too often.

wgt
03-13-2008, 08:18
Just got the ST newsletter and was happy to see they are sending out free magazine subscriptions - only to learn I don't qualify because I use the word 'eh' too often.

It could be worse...you could say "yah, mon."

John Yaskowich
03-13-2008, 11:50

I'd prefer to spend some time saying "yah, mon" rather than shoveling snow. We got 50cm (~19in) on the weekend, another 10+cm (4in) forecast for this coming weekend. And we still have at least a month of winter weather still to go. We have had about 370cm (12feet!!!) of snow so far this winter.

I'll take the "yah, mon", thank you very much. (I'd also like the magazine so I can dream about diving in places where the water is a little less ... hard)

mike_s
03-13-2008, 12:47
Ask Larry if you can pay the surcharge for getting the magazine in Canada. I think with most magazines I've seen its about $10 extra.

I'll take the "yah, mon", thank you very much. (I'd also like the magazine so I can dream about diving in places where the water is a little less ... hard)

by the water being hard, you mean frozen right? :smilie39:

EDIT: one benefit to being Canadian now is the Loonie is worth more than the Buck with our weakening dollar.

mitchy
03-13-2008, 14:51
Ask Larry if you can pay the surcharge for getting the magazine in Canada. I think with most magazines I've seen its about $10 extra.

by the water being hard, you mean frozen right? :smilie39:

EDIT: one benefit to being Canadian now is the Loonie is worth more than the Buck with our weakening dollar.

Great idea! How 'bout it Larry?

Daved
03-29-2008, 15:17
Larry--are you ignoring your neighbors to the north?

Splitlip
03-29-2008, 15:44
I can imagine.

Splitlip
03-29-2008, 15:45
Oh, you mean because of the subscription thing. :)

diver 85
03-29-2008, 23:39

Good thing they don't hold saying 'Maa Sha' against you..........