PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Your Dry Suit

PlatypusMan
03-13-2008, 08:09
Since so many of us have (based on posts here) acquired dry suits, let's hear some tips and techniques you've learned or developed to properly clean, dry and maintain them--inside and out.

:smilie40:This ought to be good!

PPM

Divingguy
03-13-2008, 09:42
Evo2 with molded boots: I just rinse and "brush" off any mud or dirt on the outside real well, hang it upside down for a couple of days to dry out the inside, then take it inside, hang it on one of those obnoxious looking drysuit hangars, wax the zipper, talc the seals, and count the days until I can go again. Fortunately I do not have any issues relating to Platypus furballs hiding down in my boots! LOL.

firstdive2005
03-13-2008, 10:20
When I get home I hook up to warm water, scrub with soft brush, with sea salt scrub. Clean zippers with tooth brush.Hang upside down for one night, then I hang upright with fan hanger, drys through out perfectly. When I am diving elsewhere, I just hose off if not dirty, then hang with fanhanger to be dry inside. The inside may be moist from body moisture. I talc only when storing. If I am diving where outside temp is causing sweat then talc is applied to seals for easier entry. kev

cummings66
03-14-2008, 07:05
I think if you're diving in the Summer where heat makes you SWEAT then you need to clean the inside of the suit. A simple washdown with a wet washcloth right after the dive before the sweat dries should keep it smelling ok. The outside, I clean it with a brush, but to be honest there are things that just don't want to come out.

CompuDude
03-14-2008, 12:29
I just put mine on and get in the shower. ;)

Pay special attention to the valves and zipper, other than that, it's just a matter of rinsing it thoroughly with clean fresh water.

Hollywood703
03-15-2008, 11:08
I dont put it on, but i hang it in the shower, and rinse it off. I do wash out the inside/outside with a mild dish soap if it is really nasty. I make sure it has 2 days to compeltely dry, then Wax zippers....I dont talc for storage.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-16-2008, 08:31
I rinse the salt by diving in the quarry, other than that I haven't washed mine yet since I don't want it to look new! :smiley2:

I lube the zipper and talc the seals occasionally.

BouzoukiJoe A.K.A. wrecker130 AKA Chuck Norris AKA joeforbroke (banned)
03-16-2008, 17:23
Got blown out today, so I spent several hours in the pool in my drysuit. I'm disappointed that the pool washed all the mud stains off. (I still look like a noob). I wore the drysuit into the shower to rinse the chlorine, which seems like a good way to clean the outside.