PDA

View Full Version : The Buffalo Theory

DarinMartell
03-13-2008, 08:58
The Buffalo Theory - In one episode of 'Cheers', Cliff is seated at the bar describing the Buffalo Theory to his buddy, Norm. I don't think I've ever heard the concept explained any better than this.

http://us.f820.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download/us/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=9493_5580688_8491_2639_26430_0_6331_41158_24 19747218&bodyPart=2&YY=46654&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&Idx=0
'Well you see, Norm, it's like this . . . A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the lowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Now, as we know, excessive intake of alcohol kills brain cells. But naturally, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first. In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. And that, Norm, is why you always feel smarter after a few beers.'

JTMoney
03-13-2008, 17:11
Gotta love Cheers.

John Yaskowich
03-14-2008, 08:16
Last year my boss sent around an "inspirational" e-mail:

Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. She know that she must run faster than the fastest lion or else she will die.
Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. He know that he must run faster than the slowest gazelle or else he will starve and die.
It does not really matter whether you are a gazelle or a lion. When the morning comes, you should start running...

My reply was "Actually, the gazelle only has to run faster than the slowest gazelle."
For some reason my boss was a touch annoyed about that (and stopped sending out such inspiationalstuff.)

Bigg_Budd
03-14-2008, 10:43
You don't have to swim faster than the shark, you just have to swim faster than your buddy...

emalebiga
03-14-2008, 10:46
You don't have to swim faster than the shark, you just have to swim faster than your buddy...

And that is why I bought the fastest fins made... Sorry any future buddies.

thor
03-14-2008, 10:48
"Actually there Nommie, I believe it was the ancient Sumarians that invented the Buffalo Theory." Gotta love Cheers

mwhities
03-14-2008, 10:51

...after you stab him a few times.

Gotta have insurance.... ;)

Bigg_Budd
03-14-2008, 13:18
Note to self: never dive with mwhities.