PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot/Lowes

skdvr
03-13-2008, 11:03
Home Depot and Lowes drives me CRAZY :zx11pissed:!!!

This seems to happen all the time when I go into one of these two places but this is what happened last night.

I went into Hope Depot around 7pm last night to get a single 6ft piece of 14guage wire. A Single Piece! I was in the store for 30 min!!! I was stanging next to the roles of wire trying to get a guy to help me that was on a ladder stocking shelves. He told me that he could not help me, all he could do was stock shelves (Which by the way he was moving like a turtle in slow motion and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for help.) I asked the only other person that I saw working there for help and he said he would be right with me and never came back. So I just decided I would cut the darn wire myself and write down the number and price. I cut my wire, wrote everything down and took it to the counter. I told the girl at the counter that I could find no one to help me so I had to do it myself and she just looked at me. Well apparently I wrote down the wrong number so she askes someone to go and look it up. I told her that it was .18 a foot but she did not care. The kicker was that the guy that she asked for help was the same guy that was stocking shelves when I asked for help. She give him the piece of wire and then he tells her that it will take him 5 min to get back, and she says No Prob! I said I have waited long enough and there is no reason it should take him 5 min to walk 2 isles down and get a number. Again both of them just looked at me. I stood there for about 30 seconds and then just left.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. It seems like anytime that I would like to ask a question about something it is about impossible to find anyone. Then if I find someone they have no idea what I am talking about.

I went about 10 min down the street to a True Value Hardware, and had some older gentleman that was helping me and another lady at the same time. He was hustling around the store grabbing things for me and this other lady and answering all questions.

I do not understand how these young LAZY people keep a job!!! If anyone asks them to actually work, they cant seem to understand what that is. I know that I could not get away with that when I was first entering the work force. People got fired for being lazy all the time. I think that a good portion of managers are scared of fireing people in todays litigation happy environment...

OK, enough of my rant. It just drives me nutty...

Phil

mitchy
03-13-2008, 14:47
I agree. When Home Depot opened in my city about 10 years ago, their marketing ploy was retired electricians, plumbers, tradesmen etc. for sales reps, and thus were very knowledgable in the parts in their section. Now the store is staffed by a bunch of people who don't know a piece of wire from a kitchen sink.

mitchy
03-13-2008, 14:48
And my other peeve: "sorry I don't work in flooring," and "sorry, I don't work in plumbing.." Then get back to your section of store, and find me the person who does work in this section!

Bert
03-13-2008, 16:25
My dad and I needed some lumber, that was on a rack. We tried to get some one to help up to no avail so my dads solution was to allow me to climb up and retreive the 2X4s. AFTER I climed up there and was handing down lumber did a sales person walk by,and told me to get down from there. They claimed someone would be by with a hilo to help us 1-2 min later no one showed up so I climed back up and resumed getting the lumber we needed. A SECOND sales person showed up and told me to get down, my dad told the sales person what happed a couple min earler and stated that I would not come down untill we had enough lumber or the hilo showed up.. Well the hilo DID show up so I climed down, by that time we had the required lumber and just walked away. (I was selecting the good lumber that wasn't warped or bowed so this wasn't q quick process)
Another time my dad and I were at home depo a lady could not get a sales person to get top soil off the rack, so I climed up. Well after I "droped" the fist 40 Lb. bag on the ground a sales person started walking our way so I droped 2 more bag (she needed 2 bags but the first one broke open)
when the sale person fianally arrived we all were walking away the last thing we saw was the sales person grabbing a broom.

Damselfish
03-13-2008, 16:36
We still seem to be fairly lucky in the Home Depots we frequent with having knowledgeable and helpful employees. What drives me nuts is they will ask you if you need help a dozen times when you don't need it, then when you're looking for someone they're nowhere in sight. (But that happens lots of places, I think it's some weird law of physics.)

skdvr
03-13-2008, 16:38
And my other peeve: "sorry I don't work in flooring," and "sorry, I don't work in plumbing.." Then get back to your section of store, and find me the person who does work in this section!

That REALLY drives me nutty...

Phil

Mtrewyn
03-14-2008, 00:18
I think this is a work ethic thing with the generation of children that we are bringing up, I see it in almost all people I meet that are less than 25, NOT ALL, but most, and the people that we really need to blame... well guess what I think it is us the parents just my thoughts, but you are right it really pi$$es me off too, but I raise my kids different than most.

Like he says in "Second Hand Lions" "Having everything handed to him"

divergirl
03-14-2008, 12:57
I agree that the majority of young people in the work force have no sense of pride in the work they do and no work ethic what-so-ever. I know as I've been working at a grocery store for the past four years now and each year it seems to become progressively worse. It's quite frustrating as a co-worker to have to deal with them because they consistently refuse to work when you ask them to, and tell you to shutup when you make a comment about them swearing in front of customers on the floor. They seem to mock me for caring so much about my job.. but I just think if everyone did a decent job..(and maybe even half decent at this point) our work would run much smoother and be more fun for everyone.

I do believe it has to do with the way you were raised. Many kids these days haven't had the proper raising and have no real value of the dollar. I was lucky enough to have parents who didn't buy me toys every day of the year.. just my birthday and christmas so I can actually appreciate it. My dad also instilled the saying "if you're going to do it, do it properly, otherwise there isn't any point doing it" and I was also lucky enough to have a strong motivational drive and have always strived for more independence.

just my .02 :P

LaCroix42
03-14-2008, 13:38
We had HD screw themselves out of $12k in appliances, fixtures and miscellaneous purchases for a new house when they told me they were going to charge me multiple delivery charges. Really? How much am I spending again?

Went to Lowes, spent my Franklins, and made the mistake of going back to HD twice to see if they'd changed. They hadn't, I'm not going back.

fkostyun
03-14-2008, 14:47
I have had much better luck at Lowes myself. When I first moved into this area - I almost never shopped there, but, slowly started to, and as the service has gotten worse and worse at HD, so I almost never go there anymore, and when I do, I ask myself... why am I here?

Of course, I did by a bunch of plants there last weekend...... needed some other things, figured while I'm there, I may as well go look, of course... trying to ask someone for help to locate the items was worthless.

Liv7301
03-18-2008, 09:51
The last couple of times I have walked into a Home Depot and asked for things the employees have looked at me like I had two heads. Apparently it's completely bizarre for a woman to inquire about sal-ammoniac or tinning blocks because apparently women don't solder...or build things...or do stuff. After staring at me blankly about what a tinning block was he then took me to the soldering section and pointed out that these were the irons, this was the solder, this is what flux did, etc. I had to interrupt him and explain that I did in fact already know how to solder and that the tinning block I was looking for was for myself and I was not being sent on an errand for my husband!!! Again, blank stare.

This is the point were I got out my cell and called my father (who is a welder) and asked him for advice on where to find one. Thirty-second conversation, problem solved.

JTMoney
03-18-2008, 10:18
Its stuff like this that makes a place like Scuba Toys so successful. Customer service goes a long way, but the majority of people will only do enough to not get fired. To extent of my questions when I go to Home Depot is to ask where something is located.

skdvr
03-18-2008, 13:25
The last couple of times I have walked into a Home Depot and asked for things the employees have looked at me like I had two heads. Apparently it's completely bizarre for a woman to inquire about sal-ammoniac or tinning blocks because apparently women don't solder...or build things...or do stuff. After staring at me blankly about what a tinning block was he then took me to the soldering section and pointed out that these were the irons, this was the solder, this is what flux did, etc. I had to interrupt him and explain that I did in fact already know how to solder and that the tinning block I was looking for was for myself and I was not being sent on an errand for my husband!!! Again, blank stare.

This is the point were I got out my cell and called my father (who is a welder) and asked him for advice on where to find one. Thirty-second conversation, problem solved.

My wife gets the same looks when she is in there asking about stuff and it really pi**e* her off...

I realy do not get how these places do so well....

Phil

Osprey
03-18-2008, 13:43
What's so funny to me is I read this post before going to class last night and as I walked in...

people were bitching about the lack of brains at lowe's!

Clanggedin
03-18-2008, 16:22
I make it a general rule to never ask for assistance at any store I visit. 90% of the time I know more than their salesman do about the product or item I am looking for.

mitsuguy
03-18-2008, 17:02
I make it a general rule to never ask for assistance at any store I visit. 90% of the time I know more than their salesman do about the product or item I am looking for.

amen! if I am going to a store, I either know what features I am looking for and just want to compare in person, or, I walk in, buy what I want and walk out...

rarely ever do I find someone who has half the sense I do working at places like this, and its really hard for me to not insult their intelligence by correcting them on what is supposedly their "trade"

maybe thats why I'm so good at what I do - I take pride in it and get upset (inside) if someone knows something I don't...

Crimediver
03-18-2008, 21:24
I had a project that required six pieces of 6 inch long wire rope. The wire rope was a hassle to cut so I wanted to use the hydraulic shears at Home Depot to cut them up rather than trying to cut a three foot long piece of wire rope into six inch pieces when I got home. I really hated to ask a clerk to do make all those cuts when I was more than capable of making them myself. I told the employee what I wanted and volunteered to make the cuts myself but I was told he would have to do it.

I told him I needed six pieces of six inch long wire rope. After he cut them up he could not figure out how many feet he had cut. I told him there were 36 inches of rope or one yard. He did not seem to believe me so he laid the pieces end to end and measured them. He then told me it was a lot longer than a yard, that it was three feet, to be exact. He seemed very proud of himself. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

skdvr
03-19-2008, 05:38
I had a project that required six pieces of 6 inch long wire rope. The wire rope was a hassle to cut so I wanted to use the hydraulic shears at Home Depot to cut them up rather than trying to cut a three foot long piece of wire rope into six inch pieces when I got home. I really hated to ask a clerk to do make all those cuts when I was more than capable of making them myself. I told the employee what I wanted and volunteered to make the cuts myself but I was told he would have to do it.

I told him I needed six pieces of six inch long wire rope. After he cut them up he could not figure out how many feet he had cut. I told him there were 36 inches of rope or one yard. He did not seem to believe me so he laid the pieces end to end and measured them. He then told me it was a lot longer than a yard, that it was three feet, to be exact. He seemed very proud of himself. It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

:smilie39::smilie39:

That cracked me up!

I can so see that happening too. With the most serious look on his face.

"Oh no mister, you are wrong. This is not only 1 yard this is actually 3 feet."

Sounds like something from the three stooges...

:smilie39::smilie39:

Thanks for the laugh this morning...

Phil

Defman
03-19-2008, 07:22

This seems to happen all the time when I go into one of these two places but this is what happened last night.

This happens at pretty much any big box retailer. You get the same treatment at Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-mart, etc....

moosicman
03-19-2008, 07:59
You know, someone should send a link to this thread to the Home Depot/Lowes customer complaint place (if there be such a thing). I know I've had to call 1-800-8-wendys before and got a free meal out of it:). Probably won't get free lumber but they may like to know of your complaints.

NoTime58
03-19-2008, 08:04
What I don't understand is how can they call their "in store experts" an expert on something they know nothing about. Ask one of their so called "experts" how many houses they've framed or how many houses they've wired and see how far the lie goes. Me, if I have any building material, framing or equipment questions I call my brother and ask him before I ever step foot in the door at either Lowes or Home Depot. I can tell him what I'm planning give him measurements and he can give me a materials list right over the phone. The only thing I can't get him to do is drive from Virginia to Georgia and help me out !!

mm2002
03-24-2008, 10:10
I cringe at the thought of going to the home depot here, but lowes is a pleasure to shop at. I've heard that lowes pays better. Ironic eh?

terrillja
03-24-2008, 10:13
What I don't understand is how can they call their "in store experts" an expert on something they know nothing about. Ask one of their so called "experts" how many houses they've framed or how many houses they've wired and see how far the lie goes. Me, if I have any building material, framing or equipment questions I call my brother and ask him before I ever step foot in the door at either Lowes or Home Depot. I can tell him what I'm planning give him measurements and he can give me a materials list right over the phone. The only thing I can't get him to do is drive from Virginia to Georgia and help me out !!
My biggest issue is even when I know what materials I need, It takes me forever to find any lumber of reasonable quality. I looked at 4x4s at HD and didn't even bother to look through the stack, since I could see how bad the twist was in all of them. The local lumber yard costs more, but their lumber is always good quality, with minimal twist or crown.

skdvr
03-25-2008, 04:39
My biggest issue is even when I know what materials I need, It takes me forever to find any lumber of reasonable quality. I looked at 4x4s at HD and didn't even bother to look through the stack, since I could see how bad the twist was in all of them. The local lumber yard costs more, but their lumber is always good quality, with minimal twist or crown.

Most if not all of the lumber at these Big Box stores is Inland lumber that is grown with the help of steroids. The trees grow super fast but the rings in the tree are quite far apart. So for those of you that are looking for a DIY project like a deck or any other project that is going to need good lumber do not go to these places. Unless of course you do not care how long they last. If you are going to be in the house for a while spend a little more and you will get a lot more...

Phil

clayhabitat
04-01-2008, 10:34
I guess I am lucky. My brother works at Home Depot part time and I have no problem when I walk in and tell them he is my brother. We swap stories about him while they get me what I need. Of course THEN he shows up after I have what I need.:smiley36:

ReefHound
04-01-2008, 11:11
You don't go to McDonalds and expect a top rate hamburger and you don't go to Cliff's and expect a burger in 60 seconds. Big box retailers are not designed for hand holding customer service on 50 cent transactions, even if they try to pretend otherwise in their commercials.

ReefHound
04-01-2008, 11:15
Also, I agree about the poor work ethic of many young people these days but I'm not sure I can blame them entirely. They have grown up in a world where big corporations treat their employees as worthless and disposable resources. I imagine it's hard to give a crap about your job when your employer certainly doesn't.

matt151617
04-06-2008, 23:56
That's why I go to my local hardware store. They may be a few dollars more on some items, but the store is small, easy to find stuff, and there is someone always there to show you where stuff is.

NoTime58
04-07-2008, 06:33
That's why I go to my local hardware store. They may be a few dollars more on some items, but the store is small, easy to find stuff, and there is someone always there to show you where stuff is.

That's what I used to do several years ago. After I moved, it's closer to go to the "big" stores than it would be for me to drive to a "local" hardware store. The local hardware store that was close to where I live now closed a couple of months after I moved, the owner retired and no one in his family was interested in taking over the business.

frogman159
04-07-2008, 15:13
In store experts:smilie39:

Foxfyre
04-07-2008, 15:35
What I don't understand is how can they call their "in store experts" an expert on something they know nothing about.

Granted, either are guaranteed to have any 5 of the 8 required items to do any product.

And what? You can't fathom why an experienced licensed electrician or plumber with 30 years of experience would suddenly quit their job to work for ~$10 an hour?

It's one thing to watch the commercials. But I also assume that it is prudent that we use a little bit of the same brainpower that we often erroneously assume that they posses!

Next we are going to be assuming that the stockers at WalMart all have doctorates in their respective areas!

Often the real problem is our unrealistic expectations.:smiley2:

I fear that Pogo was right: We have met the enemy and he is us!

I'm happy as long as no one tells me that the talking heads on the news are not actually authorities in the subjects about which they report! To discover that would result in all my faith in humankind being shattered!
:smilie39:

frogman159
04-07-2008, 16:59
[quote=NoTime58;146885]
And what? You can't fathom why an experienced licensed electrician or plumber with 30 years of experience would suddenly quit their job to work for ~$10 an hour?

Um, the employee discount:shaka:

Ohio_diver16
04-07-2008, 18:11

I went into Hope Depot around 7pm last night to get a single 6ft piece of 14guage wire. A Single Piece! I was in the store for 30 min!!! I was stanging next to the roles of wire trying to get a guy to help me that was on a ladder stocking shelves. He told me that he could not help me, all he could do was stock shelves (Which by the way he was moving like a turtle in slow motion and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked for help.) I asked the only other person that I saw working there for help and he said he would be right with me and never came back. So I just decided I would cut the darn wire myself and write down the number and price. I cut my wire, wrote everything down and took it to the counter. I told the girl at the counter that I could find no one to help me so I had to do it myself and she just looked at me. Well apparently I wrote down the wrong number so she askes someone to go and look it up. I told her that it was .18 a foot but she did not care. The kicker was that the guy that she asked for help was the same guy that was stocking shelves when I asked for help. She give him the piece of wire and then he tells her that it will take him 5 min to get back, and she says No Prob! I said I have waited long enough and there is no reason it should take him 5 min to walk 2 isles down and get a number. Again both of them just looked at me. I stood there for about 30 seconds and then just left.

This is not the first time something like this has happened to me. It seems like anytime that I would like to ask a question about something it is about impossible to find anyone. Then if I find someone they have no idea what I am talking about.

I went about 10 min down the street to a True Value Hardware, and had some older gentleman that was helping me and another lady at the same time. He was hustling around the store grabbing things for me and this other lady and answering all questions.

I do not understand how these young LAZY people keep a job!!! If anyone asks them to actually work, they cant seem to understand what that is. I know that I could not get away with that when I was first entering the work force. People got fired for being lazy all the time. I think that a good portion of managers are scared of fireing people in todays litigation happy environment...

OK, enough of my rant. It just drives me nutty...

Phil

If this helps, I went into Lowes for 2 doors, a couple pieces of moulding, and a couple knobs. First off it took well over 25 minutes to get someone to get the doors down for me (the sad part is they used a walking stacker to get the doors, which I'm certified to use but still couldn't) Then to top it all off I went to pay with my Lowes card, come to find out they REDUCED my available credit by $500! When I called customer service and asked why they said that they've had numerous people not use thier cards in a while (like myself) then charge it up and file bankruptcy on it. Wha gets my goat is that I've had the card for like 5 years, only carried a balance no longer than 10 months, and have never been late or missed a payment, but because some fart nuggets scammed 'em I got the **** ticket for it! So regardless, I surrendered my card, went to a locally owned lumber place, paid an extra $100 in all but damn it, I was in the locally owned place for a total of half an hour! So hump Lowes, hump them in thier humping hump holes! (I didn't want to offend anyone, but hump should be replaced with a more colorful 4 letter word :D)

Harshal
04-09-2008, 01:02
Its the same story at HD or Lowes, you can never find anyone to help you when you actually need them. Lately I like the system Lowes is here in my area, they have button in aisle and when you need help just press and the PA system annouces help is required in the whichever aisle it is. Someone has to come in your aisle to turn it off until then it will keep on annoucing on PA system that help is required.

Now slow and lazy young people and the old and hard working employee at true value or Ace, you need to understand the scenarios are different. Young person working at HD or Lowes are paid barely anything and that is the main source of income, while the top executive managment take $400 million dollar retirement package, come on spare some of those and make a resonable salary for the young ppl to motivate them to work there. The older person working at Ace or True Value is just working for killing time and some extra income either they are getting retirement benfits or social security money something, this is not a major source of income for them. We got to understand this before we call the younger generation lazy.

brianwferguson
04-09-2008, 07:42
In my local area I have 2 Lowes and 2 Home Depots in different directions, but about the same distance from my house. As long as I plan my shopping trip accordingly (which location depends on the day of the week and time of day) I get great service. However, if I screw up and forget something and have to go back, I have had the same issues as others have posted here. (poor/no service, no experience/knowledge, etc)

My 2 cents....

skdvr
04-10-2008, 07:10
Its the same story at HD or Lowes, you can never find anyone to help you when you actually need them. Lately I like the system Lowes is here in my area, they have button in aisle and when you need help just press and the PA system annouces help is required in the whichever aisle it is. Someone has to come in your aisle to turn it off until then it will keep on annoucing on PA system that help is required.

Now slow and lazy young people and the old and hard working employee at true value or Ace, you need to understand the scenarios are different. Young person working at HD or Lowes are paid barely anything and that is the main source of income, while the top executive managment take $400 million dollar retirement package, come on spare some of those and make a resonable salary for the young ppl to motivate them to work there. The older person working at Ace or True Value is just working for killing time and some extra income either they are getting retirement benfits or social security money something, this is not a major source of income for them. We got to understand this before we call the younger generation lazy.

Regardless of what they are being paid if they are working at a buisness they should work. Most (not all) of them just wander around and do not want to help people. They do not want to answer questions. That just want to be there for 8 hours and go home. When I first started in the work force I maid Min wage, but I still worked hard. I agree that more and more companies are forgeting about the newer workers and cutting back in what they compensate those people so that they can line their own pockets. I think that too is sickening. I would like to think that it will change down the road but I am sure it will not. People are greedy and lazy. The ones at the top want more money, and they people at the bottom dont want to have to actually work for the llittle bit of money that they are being paid.

Phil

gthomas
04-10-2008, 10:42
Lowes is just as bad. I order counter tops, were suppose to be in in two weeks, after three weeks they called. I drove 45 min one way to pick them up and no one claimed to have called me. After the third time this happened I trough a fit and got my money back. I didn't go back in ther for a few years.

Harshal
04-10-2008, 12:10
Thats weird.... unless u were getting called from some different Lowes and u were showing up at different ones....... :)

Lowes is just as bad. I order counter tops, were suppose to be in in two weeks, after three weeks they called. I drove 45 min one way to pick them up and no one claimed to have called me. After the third time this happened I trough a fit and got my money back. I didn't go back in ther for a few years.

Harshal
04-10-2008, 12:16

Regardless of what they are being paid if they are working at a buisness they should work. Most (not all) of them just wander around and do not want to help people. They do not want to answer questions. That just want to be there for 8 hours and go home. When I first started in the work force I maid Min wage, but I still worked hard. I agree that more and more companies are forgeting about the newer workers and cutting back in what they compensate those people so that they can line their own pockets. I think that too is sickening. I would like to think that it will change down the road but I am sure it will not. People are greedy and lazy. The ones at the top want more money, and they people at the bottom dont want to have to actually work for the llittle bit of money that they are being paid.

Phil

I know what you talking about, coz I was not a bigshot, I started from down there too working on min wage and going to college but I think that scenario has changed now. Here now what a regular employee is getting is not even enough to make his ends met and then employee does not even know when some bigshot working on top raking millions would just decied to close one of the stores leaving this employee stranded.
I don't think now days employees have any loyalty to their employeer and I don't blame them. I can take any example from working environment, pay, benefits, holidays, benefits for family are all just out of wack.

jphelps9196
04-10-2008, 12:32
[quote=NoTime58;146885]

Actually, last I heard HD only offered their employees a 10% discount once per year, with a maximum discount limit... the same deal that customers get from them when they register as a "new home owner"

- J.

Dive4Fun
04-11-2008, 19:58
Teenagers are lazy because they can be. Also keep in mind that most stores aren't willing to pay people enough for them to care about their jobs. When Home depot and McDonald's both pay 8/hr and treat their workers like crap then kids don't care where they work and managers don't care how well their employees are doing as long as something gets done. In big chain stores managers aren't getting paid much either.

skdvr
04-12-2008, 07:02
I'm sorry but to me money is not an excuse to work hard or not work hard. The individual accepted the job and knew what the pay was going to be. You should take a job to WORK. When I was younger and was working for Min wage I still worked my but off. I just think that it is the way our youth are going. Parents are makeing things easier and easier on their kids so they do not have to have any responsibilities.

Just My Opinion...

Phil

comet24
04-12-2008, 07:29
I found it easy to get the stuff yourself at HD. I have had better experiences at Lowe's lately. People help when I ask, what a concept. Needed some dry wall the other day. Asked for some help as a guy walked by. He not only helped me load it onto my cart but I asked if I could get some help putting it on the truck and he came out and helped . I was in shock.

To be fair Lowe's really pissed me off a few years ago and I wouldn't go in there for a while then HD got so bad I went back.

Black-Gorrilla
04-12-2008, 21:59
i've had some bad days at home depot... but the newer one that opened near my house seems to be ok...
went there to get some paint to touch up my walls in my room... go to the paint department, guy comes right up "what can i help you with today?" fast and painless... gave me my options... showed me some stuff... made me my paint and sent me away happy :)

the time before that was fun though... i was looking for some stuff... can't find it look for help i guess... NOT!! no one could help "i'll get someone, this is not my area".. heard that a few times.. picked up my fone.. called them, asked for a manager ASAP, waited on the fone for like 15 seconds...
"this is (cant remember his name), how may i help you"
me: "are you in the store right now?"
him: "yes sir, i am"
me: "good, im in isle (were ever i was), i need you to come here right away, this is very important"
him: "one second sir"

he shows up... can't find anyone were they belong... helps me himself. i left happy (i had my fun and got what i needed)
as im walking out the door i see him talking to 4 of these 18 year old kids that look too cool to work, all lined up against the wall. :)

Black-Gorrilla
04-12-2008, 22:02
[quote=NoTime58;146885]

Actually, last I heard HD only offered their employees a 10% discount once per year, with a maximum discount limit... the same deal that customers get from them when they register as a "new home owner"

- J.

i've gotten jobs somewhere just for the discount :)
brandsmart USA... paid 5% above cost on a sweet TV.
when i get ready to buy a boat... gonna get a job at BassPro Shops.... for the discount :)

reactive
04-13-2008, 10:06
Large hardware stores put a bad taste in my mouth a few years back when hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. They were all like a free-for-all mad house. You were lucky to have spent only 30 minutes inside looking for the one item you need. On top of that, all the Mexicans had immigrated into New Orleans at the time since they could do the work of the construction companies in a shorter time and take less pay. Still to this day, they stand in front of every single home depot/lowes waiting for people to offer them work illegally. This causes a string of other problems, but I think I'm in the wrong place to get into that... and i might have derailed the thread a little, lol. Just ignore me, i'm rambling now!

(Disclaimer: I'm not racist against Mexicans, I just don't agree with illegal immigration. PAY YOUR TAXES!)