PDA

View Full Version : Dive Groups/Trips for JOW's

texarkandy
03-13-2008, 22:05
I'm hoping to take my 13 y/o daughter (JOW) on a dive trip this summer - hopefully as soon as school lets out , around last week of May - early June. (Non-diving spouse will be staying at home - so it's strictly a dive trip - not really a family vacation)

Planning on easy diving only - 20 to 40 ft & little current - we're thinking Playa, Bonaire, or maybe Key Largo again (since our November trip didn't work out so great)

It would be nice to go with a group that has other dad/daughter (or son) dive buddies- since it could be kind of awkward having a 13 y/o with an all adult group.

Anybody know of any groups/clubs that schedule trips for parent/child groups?

CaptainRon
03-14-2008, 00:37
I just got back from Cozumel in January after taking my 13yo daughter on her first saltwater dive since she got certified last year. If there is enough interest, maybe we could get a group together this summer somewhere centrally located in Texas, maybe at one of the scuba parks, to have a parent/child dive weekend. I know my daughter always has more fun when there are other young divers around. Anybody else with a JOW diver in the family that would be interested?

texarkandy
03-14-2008, 08:03
Soon as the water warms up we'll be back at CSSP in Terrell for some refresher

Little Wolf
03-19-2008, 15:00
I am 10 and will be getting my Junior Open Water this summer

Flatliner
03-21-2008, 09:52
My son is 11 and we are both divers. I have been looking to find some other Father/child divers to go on a trip with. Would love to do Buddy Resort in Bonaire or a Nekton Cruise out of Miami. Put me on any list you develop.

texarkandy
04-20-2008, 14:07
Currently planning a trip first week of June with just me & my 13 y/o JOW daughter - probably Key Largo or Islamorada - considering Playa also, but airfare to Fort Lauderdale is looking pretty good right now - anybody else with JOW's interested? If there were a big enough group with JOW's perhaps we could charter a whole boat through one of the dive ops that would take us to some nice easy dive spots.

Sounder
04-21-2008, 15:28
I'm not aware of any parent/child specific trips or groups, but just planning your own trip as a pair should be fine.