PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from STL (soon, Tampa!)

Osprey
07-31-2007, 17:04
Hi all, my name is Ashley and I am a 22 year old student about to move from St Louis, Missouri to Tampa, Florida to finish my schooling. I haven't learned to scuba yet, but my school seems to offer it in conjunction with a local dive organization. I haven't learned much about it, but anyone with knowledge of the area is encouraged to give some tips on great dive instructors ;)

Seriously though, I'm glad I got the email for this forum. It's good to be able to discuss with other people, I look forward to meeting everyone!

Foo2
08-01-2007, 09:50
Hi Ashley! You are gonna LOVE scuba! It's so much fun. It's a whole other world under there. Feel free to ask questions on this board. It's a safe place and there are lots of really knowledgeable folks here.

Osprey
08-01-2007, 10:41
Thank you! I'm pretty excited. Snorkeling is a lot of fun, but I know I am missing out!

Wolfie2012
08-01-2007, 10:46
Congrats on the move! Hope you enjoy it!

Scuba can be a life-changing experience, you'll love it!

Disneymom
08-01-2007, 10:48
Hi, Ashley! Welcome! I'm a newly certified diver, and I gotta tell ya - I love it!! It's certainly addicting. Best of luck with your school changes and your diving.

thor
08-01-2007, 11:23
Welcome. I'm sure you won't miss the winters.

cummings66
08-01-2007, 18:35
The cold winters of MO are some of the best times for diving. The visibility is incredible during our cold snaps, some of my best memories of diving are during the Winter.

Out of the water it's a bit cool, I much prefer to be under it. Of course the undergarment helps during the surface interval, but it's still cool. I'd miss that if I moved to Florida, but then the water is probably better there than here.

Moxie
08-01-2007, 21:33
Hi Ashley, welcome to the boards. Congratulations on discovering scuba diving. It's the best think I ever did.

Osprey
08-02-2007, 09:49
Thanks all! Gratefully, school is something I easily adjust to, I've already done it at other universities before :) I will definitely NOT be missing the cold though. I've been so rough with my hands in my art (my major) for so many years, they actually get incredibly stiff and sore in the winter. I'll leave that to you snow-lovers out there!