PDA

View Full Version : Heres your sign

RnSdiver
03-18-2008, 10:14
Sunday I passed my classroom exam and the pool skills testing. I have been letting some of the folks at work know how it has been going over the last couple weeks. Yesterday, after hearing the update, one guy looked me right in the eye and ask "well, what are you going to do with your diving Cert when you get it?" after a few seconds I replied "hmm swim underwater?" another Guy spoke up and said "He is going Rock Climbing" :)

Heeres your sign!

terrillja
03-18-2008, 10:36
Sunday I passed my classroom exam and the pool skills testing. I have been letting some of the folks at work know how it has been going over the last couple weeks. Yesterday, after hearing the update, one guy looked me right in the eye and ask "well, what are you going to do with your diving Cert when you get it?" after a few seconds I replied "hmm swim underwater?" another Guy spoke up and said "He is going Rock Climbing" :)

Heeres your sign!
Sounds like the response I got when I told a friend my dad and I had just gotten an underwater camera. His response was "For what?"

Maybe taking pictures underwater? Maybe I just wanted something to put on my kitchen counter...

He just stared blankly at me.

FWIW, this is someone in my premed program. Hopefully he is better with medicine than common sense, or medicine's in trouble..

Scubastud16
03-18-2008, 12:28
Terry,

Glad to hear you passed! Now on to the fun part...open water!

Osprey
03-18-2008, 13:42
Rock climbing.. that's awesome :smiley36:

navyhmc
03-18-2008, 14:04
Terry,

Glad to hear you passed! Now on to the fun part...open water!

And the best news is it's all down from here!!!

divingchef
03-18-2008, 17:42
:smiley29: Doesn't the tank get heavy when youre climbing??!!!??!

Osprey
03-18-2008, 17:55

If you flip them upsidedown and cut the top off just right you can be a jet-propelled climber for a few seconds!

Or that's how I'd make the excuse

DollFin
03-18-2008, 17:57
A woman was telling me how, as she was flying into New Orleans a few weeks ago, another lady seated next to her was looking out the window and commented "Wow, I didn't realize there was still so much flooding here since Katrina!", to which she replied "Um, we're flying over a BAYOU!" and mentally added "Heeeeere's your sign!"

NoTime58
03-19-2008, 08:37
Goes to prove it takes all kinds to make the world go `round (LOL) !!!

divingchef
03-19-2008, 10:05
My personal favorite.....I was crewing on a charter boat out of Honokau Harbor in Kona and one of the clients' wife asked "does the water go all the way around the island?" .....here's yur sign.....

John Yaskowich
03-19-2008, 11:35
Yes, but I think the proportion of types of people is a tad screwed up.

terrillja
03-19-2008, 11:37
They seem to reproduce a lot faster than the "normal" people.

Beaucoupfishies
03-19-2008, 12:25
They seem to reproduce a lot faster than the "normal" people.

It's the theory of Idiocrasy at work!

ian
03-19-2008, 21:04
Been around the world and found
That only stupid people are breeding,
The cretins cloning and feeding...

Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta"

:smiley20:

DollFin
03-20-2008, 13:13
Oh yeah, just remembered one my friend Duane in St. Thomas told me. They were coming in from a dive and mentioned that the divers were welcome to rise off with the fresh water shower head he has on the boat. One woman actually said "Oh, I might as well use that so I can help conserve water on the island!". Um... where exactly did she think he GOT the water from to fill the holding tank?? Guess she thought there was a built in desalinization filter for the shower! "Heeeere's your sign!"

Soonerwink
03-20-2008, 20:31

If you flip them upsidedown and cut the top off just right you can be a jet-propelled climber for a few seconds!

Or that's how I'd make the excuse
My Suunto would be screaming.