PDA

View Full Version : Prince Frederik of Denmark lost his wedding ring-Key West, Florida

DevilDiver
03-18-2008, 16:14
PRINCESS MARY is probably not amused - Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark has lost his wedding ring.
He is believed to have lost the unique band while diving off a coral reef in Key West, Florida. The ring was designed from the first nugget of gold to be mined from Greenland, part of the Danish kingdom.
Dive instructor Steve Tropp, who accompanied the prince on his dive, told Se & Hr magazine that a team of divers spent weeks searching for the ring, which was lost in January.
He said: "There is a big reef out there and Crown Prince Frederik didn't know exactly where he lost it. It seems to be a rather big and expensive ring.

Osprey
03-18-2008, 16:37
There's probably some little old local couple who found it and kept it as a cheap keepsake.. hehehe

FyVe
03-18-2008, 16:49
i gotta dive in the keys more often. wonder what reef they where on.

Defman
03-18-2008, 21:06
Say, anybody know where I can find a Pawn Shop in the Key West area??

johnyringo
03-18-2008, 23:17
Roatan's out, Key West is in!

NoTime58
03-19-2008, 08:34
PRINCESS MARY is probably not amused - Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark has lost his wedding ring.
He is believed to have lost the unique band while diving off a coral reef in Key West, Florida. The ring was designed from the first nugget of gold to be mined from Greenland, part of the Danish kingdom.
Dive instructor Steve Tropp, who accompanied the prince on his dive, told Se & Hr magazine that a team of divers spent weeks searching for the ring, which was lost in January.
He said: "There is a big reef out there and Crown Prince Frederik didn't know exactly where he lost it. It seems to be a rather big and expensive ring.

I wonder if they found my camera while they were looking for his ring !!

PlatypusMan
03-19-2008, 08:37
...He is believed to have lost the unique band while diving off a coral reef in Key West, Florida.

Some of you know that I worked in the jewelry industry for 30 years; it has always amazed me how derisively dismissive people are when I tell them never to dive wearing their jewelry--especially rings and bracelets. (This advice extends to swimming pools and hot tubs, BTW, for other reasons as well.)

Maybe this will be a wake-up call to some folks. If you don't want to risk losing it, don't wear it.

PPM

DevilDiver
03-19-2008, 08:45
it has always amazed me how derisively dismissive people are when I tell them never to dive wearing their jewelry......PPM

You know Cory formally from ST lost an (He claims) $4,000.00 diamond ear stud out at CSSP at the ST shin-dig last year. Might be by the shark..........or maybe not.:smiley2:

PlatypusMan
03-19-2008, 08:53
it has always amazed me how derisively dismissive people are when I tell them never to dive wearing their jewelry......PPM

You know Cory formally from ST lost an (He claims) $4,000.00 diamond ear stud out at CSSP at the ST shin-dig last year. Might be by the shark..........or maybe not.:smiley2:

I know about that one; a dive buddy and I actually have looked for that thing off and on since the loss (truthfully, it was just another excuse to get another dive in) and as expected had absolutely no joy.

But it was fun just futzing around underwater for an hour or so...

PPM

fishi
03-19-2008, 17:27
...He is believed to have lost the unique band while diving off a coral reef in Key West, Florida.

Some of you know that I worked in the jewelry industry for 30 years; it has always amazed me how derisively dismissive people are when I tell them never to dive wearing their jewelry--especially rings and bracelets. (This advice extends to swimming pools and hot tubs, BTW, for other reasons as well.)

Maybe this will be a wake-up call to some folks. If you don't want to risk losing it, don't wear it.

PPM
Its amazing how much jewelry is lost in the water.The colder the water is the more the fingers shrink.Around here the water stays cold most of the year. we like to go out to the swim beaches with are medal detector's and pic it up:smiley2:

torrey
03-20-2008, 11:58

If anything is on your ear lobe and you're diving CSSP, the object is no doubt lodged in the intestine of a piranha perch. Just look for the backed-up fish.

mike_s
03-20-2008, 15:53
There's probably some little old local couple who found it and kept it as a cheap keepsake.. hehehe

yeah... but they think it's part of the lost treasure of the spanish galleons! :smilie39:\

anyway, found this also

from Scuba Gear and Scuba Diving Equipment - Discount dive gear (Cheap online!) (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Quirks/2008/03/12/danish_prince_loses_ring_in_florida_water/8277/)

The 39-year-old prince has offered a plane ride to Denmark and a tour of Fredensborg Castle as a reward for anyone who finds the missing item.