PDA

View Full Version : Wetsuit for Grand Cayman

thepilo
03-18-2008, 18:37
I am looking for a wetsuit to use in grand cayman. I used a 3 mil suit in hawaii and was comfortable. But since the water is warmer, I am wondering what would be good in GC. Thanks.

Dan

DRNightdiver
03-18-2008, 18:48
I use a 1.5mm or just a lycra dive skin. Most of my trips to GC have been Feb-April. Late March to mid April the water temp is around 82Deg. I tend to get alittle warm with the 1.5mm.

ianr33
03-18-2008, 21:52
It depends (as always!)

I have always used a 3mm. Never been too warm in the water.

mitsuguy
03-19-2008, 07:08
Just depends on the temperature you are comfortable with... Last trip to GC was this time last year, DC claimed 82 degrees temp - and we all had 2 mil shorties on... Surface temp was a little cool that day, but in the water we were very comfortable... Afternoon, after diving, it warmed up, and all was good... So, I'd say you'd probably be comfortable in anything from swim trunks ( no more than 2 dives tho) to a 3 mil full...

NoTime58
03-19-2008, 08:59
I am looking for a wetsuit to use in grand cayman. I used a 3 mil suit in hawaii and was comfortable. But since the water is warmer, I am wondering what would be good in GC. Thanks.

Dan

When I was there back in November, warer temps were netween 80 to 82 degrees. I dove a 3 mil "shorty", others were diving a 3 mil full suit. My NITROX instructor wore shorts and a rash guard top. I never heard anyone complain of being cold at any depth, just after we surfaced and boarded the boat was a different story, (windy and cloudy some days).

thepilo
03-19-2008, 12:29
Thanks for the info. I think that I may look for a 1.5 full or a 3 mil shorty..