PDA

View Full Version : Tilos Mask

thor
08-01-2007, 10:52
Does anyone know anything about TIlos masks?
Who makes them? I've heard that other companies make their masks, and have also heard that they make masks for other companies.

Anyone ever hear of a TIlos Pixel mask that has color correction?

CompuDude
08-03-2007, 12:56
I used to wear the Tilos Universal (also sometimes known as the Opti-Clear) before I got my X-Vision mid. Reason being is it used the same prescription lenses as my old Tusa Liberator, so I could just swap the lenses forward to the new mask.

Since I lost that mask, however, and I had to replace the lenses anyway, I decided to just go for the Mares X-Vision (Mid). I like the extra downward vision it gives.

The Tilos mask was a great price, however, at $41.

I've never used the Pixel mask, though. As a photographer, however, I don't want any color things tinting what I'm looking at, or I won't be able to properly adjust my camera. Frankly I think tinted masks are overrated... the mind does a great job at auto-correcting all on it's own.

thor
08-05-2007, 00:05
Thanks. It wasn't really the tint that I cared for, but rather a mask that I have never tried, in my ongoing search for a mask that fits. If this doesn't work, its on to the Atomic frameless medium.

letsgodiving
08-09-2007, 10:29
My wife used a Tilos mask for a year but she switched to corrective lenses recently. The Tilos is well made, and she had no problems with it.