PDA

View Full Version : Help, I'm addicted to the New ST forum.

thor
08-01-2007, 11:58
This sight is great. I can't stop reading the forum, and I really need to do some work. Help me. I don't even care about the gift cetificates anymore. Help. Please

Wolfie2012
08-01-2007, 12:01
addiction is a consequence of the sport! gotta learn to deal with it! ;)

Though maybe you could found the scubatoys anonymous organization to try and get some help. :)

Foo2
08-01-2007, 12:05
Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Dive-aholic
08-01-2007, 13:12
Hey, I'm a member of 5 different boards! Between "boarding" and diving, who has time for work?!?!?!

deepdiver47
08-01-2007, 13:16

Question: What is the point over this forum vs SB?
My guess is that more money will gravitate towards ScubaToys (which is a good place to buy gear).

Foo2
08-01-2007, 13:21
From what Larry & Joe have said...people have asked them to create a board for a long time so they finally did it. There are some great people over at SB. I'm one of them. ;) This board is cool because of it's people. Awwwwwe...group hug. But also, you can't deny that the added bonus of gift certificates to ST doesn't rock...

BSea
08-01-2007, 13:21

My guess is that more money will gravitate towards ScubaToys (which is a good place to buy gear).
I for 1 think this is a better board than SB. There seems to be little or no conflicts, and from what I've seen, nothing has been censored. I still stop by SB from time to time. The information can be very valuable. But so can this board, and in time, I believe this 1 will have every bit the informational content as SB.

So what if they make some money. This is the USA last time I checked.

Wolfie2012
08-01-2007, 13:58

Well I don't see a problem with different forums with similar purposes. Scubaboard has good information and a large following. I have been known to frequent that one too.

My point of view is that if there were no competition then there can be no progress. Hopefully both forums will improve with this addition.

DirtyWaterIL
08-01-2007, 16:08
i'm addicted too. wheres the ST forum support group thread?

Centerius
08-01-2007, 16:38
I found the chatroom. Help me please! :smiley13:

Dive-aholic
08-03-2007, 01:09

I'm a member of 5 different forums (soon to be 6) and each one has a different purpose and different user base.

creggur
08-03-2007, 10:27
This is not a slam on SB, I'm a member and there are some good people over there... However, this board seems to be more civil, ie no "holier than thou" attitudes thus far, and there seems to be less censoring of posts. As a matter of fact I haven't noticed any yet..

I have no doubt that Larry has a plan to grow this board in such a way that we can have a large community with the vast amount of information that comes along with that, but without the problems of some larger boards.....And I like being a "Founding Member"..

dallasdivergirl
08-03-2007, 13:58
I am on 3 boards and 3 blogs. I don't have time to work any more :)