PDA

View Full Version : Canon ZR850 question

microbe boy
03-23-2008, 17:19
Quick question. I own a Canon ZR850 and was thinking about purchasing an Ikelite housing for it. I'm just looking to be able to take video, edit it on my Mac and make little mini movies for friends and family (those that refuse to get scuba certified).

Anyone have experience with this video camera in an ikelite, diving? Just want and idea of how the picture quality is. I noticed that camera starts to pick up a good bit of image noise in low light.

Thanks

WaterRat
04-09-2008, 15:49
Good luck on finding anything Canon ZR whne it comes to using them underwater. I have been looking for a long time. I have a ZR600 and fianlly decided to take the plunge and get the Ikelite 6045 housing for it. It's being shipped as we speak, so I have no idea how it will do. I think the only thing that I might have an issue with is the picture being grainy when in lower light. That's only based on the opinions I could find on the ZR600 reviews.

Since I already owned the camera, it was a relatively cheap way to get into video. Most likely I will shoot without lights for a while and just learn.

We will be using this in Cozumel in June, I will report back after that to let you know how it went.

Ron

WaterRat
06-20-2008, 09:31
Hello,

Well I used the camera and was very pleased. While I did have some low light noise while in the cavern, I can't complain for only having about $800 in the rig. Overall it was easy to use, easy to carry. I only used the red filter on the reef and had no lights.

My camera is the ZR600.

Here is a link to the video. You have to download it to watch.

Mexico - Windows Live SkyDrive (http://cid-ca846062b78de303.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Mexico)

Ron