PDA

View Full Version : ScubaErik from Phoenix AZ

ScubaErik
08-01-2007, 12:20
Just a quick note of hello. We have pictures of our dive adventures and land tours at http://ericanderik.com. I have a personal web site I am just now playing with. Can you guess the URL?

Ok, here it is. http://Scubaerik.com

Looking forward in posting some of our experiences. :smiley20:

chinacat46
08-01-2007, 12:26
welcome on board.

Foo2
08-01-2007, 12:54
Cool pics!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Welcome to ST!

thor
08-01-2007, 13:00
Welcome. Great website

Dive-aholic
08-01-2007, 13:21
Welcome to the board, Erik! I'm currenlty down in Tucson, but moving to Florida in less than 2 weeks. Do you ever get out to the local lakes?

ScubaErik
08-01-2007, 15:54
Thanks all for the welcome. I have only dove Lake Un-Pleasant once. It was 112 degrees outside, and we started to the lake in a tee shirt and shorts. A bunch of divers were gearing up on the boat ramp. All had five mil or better suits on. We jumped in. It was nasty cold and I could barely see three feet in front of me. I turned around to swim out and came face to face with the biggest desert coral I have ever seen. Ok, so it was a submerged cactus. That was it.

Wolfie2012
08-01-2007, 16:01
welcome to the forums! :)

hey I think a submerged cactus would be pretty darn cool to see!

Ajuva
08-01-2007, 16:22
Welcome to the board Eric,

Loved the site and the pics.

Keep the good times rolling.

Ajuva

Dive-aholic
08-03-2007, 01:06
Thanks all for the welcome. I have only dove Lake Un-Pleasant once. It was 112 degrees outside, and we started to the lake in a tee shirt and shorts. A bunch of divers were gearing up on the boat ramp. All had five mil or better suits on. We jumped in. It was nasty cold and I could barely see three feet in from of me. I turned around to swim out and came face to face with the biggest desert coral I have ever seen. Ok, so it was a submerged cactus. That was it.

It can actually be better than that. Last weekend, we had 10-20' of visibility, even after the rain. Lots of fish. And the water temperature was 85 degrees! You just need to know when and where to go...

Bill22
08-03-2007, 01:41
Hi Erik.... Cool pix :-) Welcome to the board. I'm hoping to get to Thailand myself maybe next year. Don't know yet. I have limited vacation and I really like the Philippines :-) Looking forward to more posts from you...

ScubaErik
08-19-2007, 11:17
Thanks all for the welcome. I have only dove Lake Un-Pleasant once. It was 112 degrees outside, and we started to the lake in a tee shirt and shorts. A bunch of divers were gearing up on the boat ramp. All had five mil or better suits on. We jumped in. It was nasty cold and I could barely see three feet in front of me. I turned around to swim out and came face to face with the biggest desert coral I have ever seen. Ok, so it was a submerged cactus. That was it.

It can actually be better than that. Last weekend, we had 10-20' of visibility, even after the rain. Lots of fish. And the water temperature was 85 degrees! You just need to know when and where to go...

I have many friends that dive the lakes, but they either own boats or have access to them. I'm just a poor shore diver. :smilie40:

ScubaErik
08-19-2007, 11:21
Hi Erik.... Cool pix :-) Welcome to the board. I'm hoping to get to Thailand myself maybe next year. Don't know yet. I have limited vacation and I really like the Philippines :-) Looking forward to more posts from you...

We have been looking at Fiji for our next big adventure, but keep hearing about the PI. I just know it has to away from here! Would love to hear more about where and when to go to the PIs. :smiley20:

Bill22
08-20-2007, 00:38
We have been looking at Fiji for our next big adventure, but keep hearing about the PI. I just know it has to away from here! Would love to hear more about where and when to go to the PIs. :smiley20:

I went to Puerto Galera in May. I'm planning a second trip now, tentativley for October. I'm undecided after that. Australia, Chuuk, and Bikini Atoll or on the short list for major trips. Might make some short trips here around Japan. Talking to some friends about heading down to Okinawa this fall. Maybe just for a long weekend. Also planning a weekend over at Izu the last weekend in September.

Diving in the Philippines from what I hear is good pretty much year round. Depends on what you're into. Here's a website address to get you started: http://www.lakbaypilipinas.com/dive_sites.html I've posted pretty extensivley on this already. Just go to my profile and look at the posts. I think most of the discussion was on the thread that started when I introduced myself on the board. Name of the thread is "Hello from Japan". Anything I can do to help you with please let me know:-)

creggur
08-20-2007, 06:28
Welcome to the boards, looks like a great time!!!Thanks for sharing..

Make yourself at home and enjoy!!!