PDA

View Full Version : Ear drying thingy

microbe boy
03-23-2008, 18:02
Here is a silly question, but a serious one.

I get ear infections a lot - and its not fun. I've seen these ear drying devices, but I'm hesitant to spend money on something that seems gimicky. Anyone have any experience with anything like this (its a little clam shell device with a n ear cone on one side and an internal fan).

Rick56
03-23-2008, 18:14
Doesn't ear beer work for you?

obrules15
03-23-2008, 18:18
Whether this works for you depends on what type of ear infections you are getting. If they are middle ear infections it won't work, if they are external ear infections it will. But there is also ear drying stuff you can get at walmart cheap, it is some anhydrous preparation that will do the same thing as the expensive ear drying thingy

ianr33
03-23-2008, 18:45
Or even cheaper mix isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar which costs next to nothing.

I put this in my ears after EVERY local dive,if I dont they WILL hurt. Some people dont need it but I know from experience that I do.

hoobascooba
03-23-2008, 18:49
have you ever tried Ear Candling?

edit: i suggest reading this as a joke.

jtkkym
03-23-2008, 18:52
Or even cheaper mix isopropyl alcohol and white vinegar which costs next to nothing.

I put this in my ears after EVERY local dive,if I dont they WILL hurt. Some people dont need it but I know from experience that I do.

I use the 50/50 mix of alcohol and vinegar. It works pretty well for me. If I don't use the drop, most likely, I get ear infection.

microbe boy
03-23-2008, 20:53
Thanks everyone for your comments. I've heard of the 50/50 vinegar IPA solution before, but have not used it yet. I think I'll give that a go. Looks like others have had success with that. The ear infections I'm getting are always outer ear infections. Likely due to diving in the dark waters of the east coast.

Thanks again everyone.