PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Dive Show

Zyxistal
03-25-2008, 11:37
So we just finished putting together our calendar of events and work schedules for the next few months and was about to add the GA Dive Show in ATL when my wife and I noticed that my sister has scheduled her wedding for that weekend in TX. I'm seriously contemplating telling her that she needs to reschedule the wedding.

mike_s
03-25-2008, 12:30
I'd ask them to reschedule the ATL Dive Show...

I mean they put it in the warm months when everyone would rather be out diving.... why not put it a few months earlier when it's cold outside and we're just dreaming of diving instead of it being when it's 90f outside.

Zyxistal
03-25-2008, 16:43
Its just a few hours south for us to be in florida (well its 5 hours but who cares) and in nice diving weather so the 'cold' months don't really bother me.

mike_s
03-25-2008, 17:25
Its just a few hours south for us to be in florida (well its 5 hours but who cares) and in nice diving weather so the 'cold' months don't really bother me.

Heh.. I know what you mean. I'll be in Florida diving when they have they are having the Georgia Dive Show.

So will a bunch of others.... I guess they didn't think about that their time of year would hinder their attendance. oh well.

Jellybeandiver
04-28-2008, 20:44
Yeah I was asked to work the show for the shop I work in until the manager and I figured out that that is the weekend I took off for that dang wedding. I despise your sister

cogrwy
05-01-2008, 08:23
So we just finished putting together our calendar of events and work schedules for the next few months and was about to add the GA Dive Show in ATL when my wife and I noticed that my sister has scheduled her wedding for that weekend in TX. I'm seriously contemplating telling her that she needs to reschedule the wedding.
Yeah, I had a dive weekend all planned for last May and then my Step-son had the incredibly bad judgement to schedule his wedding for that same weekend.

EuphoriaII
05-01-2008, 10:05
I'd ask them to reschedule the ATL Dive Show...

I mean they put it in the warm months when everyone would rather be out diving.... why not put it a few months earlier when it's cold outside and we're just dreaming of diving instead of it being when it's 90f outside.
Thats why the boat shows are always in January

Murloc
05-01-2008, 10:20

marriage comes and goes...diving is forever

EuphoriaII
05-01-2008, 10:26

marriage comes and goes...diving is forever
Till depth do us part

mike_s
05-01-2008, 10:47
Thats why the boat shows are always in January

Exactly. The scuba industry is in a recession just like the rest of the country. For almost all of us, scuba is a 'luxury' recreational acitivty that costs extra money. They should be trying to do things to attract the divers like scheduling shows during times when people won't be out diving.

oh well.