PDA

View Full Version : BCD fitting issues

quarkuud
03-26-2008, 03:04
I lost a little bit of weight (like 5 pounds, but maybe there's some muscle gain too:-). When I last dived my BC, I noticed tank roll which I've never had before. I'm not sure that this weight will stay off, so I don't want to spend any money right away. I've been tightening everything again once I get in the water, but this isn't enough. Any advice for some sort of DIY temporary solution to keep the tank still?

It's a Brigade, if that makes a difference.

Zenagirl
03-26-2008, 07:36
The only solution I know is to spend a little money. Buy one of the Zeagle lumbar pads from ST. It's neutrally buoyant and will take up some space, plus make your BC more comfortable. If you gain the weight back, you haven't wasted money since you can continue to enjoy the lumbar pad. :D

TX1Chica
03-26-2008, 14:09
Thats good advice. My BC has one built in and its really comfortable.

Zenagirl
03-26-2008, 18:22
I forgot to mention that I'm facing the same thing with my Zena. I've lost nearly 20# and am at the end of my straps. Rather than buying a new vest section, thought the lumbar pad would be the solution. Joe told me I'd have to rig it up a little (since it wasn't designed for the Zena), but it seems like it's worth a shot.

Fortunately for the OP, the lumbar pad will fit perfectly in the Brigade. :D

quarkuud
03-27-2008, 01:48
Thanks guys. I'll give it a bit longer and see since I'm in Australia for three more months and shipping is kind of a hassle. But if it's still bugging me on my next dives, that's what I'll do.

Zenagirl
03-28-2008, 13:19
I just got my lumbar pad and a couple of zipties later, it's installed in my Zena. Holy smokes, what a big difference!! Not only did it solve my size problem, but it's super comfortable. It fills in my lower back area and makes the BC MUCH more comfortable....and it was comfortable to begin with!

Even if you don't need one to solve a fit problem, I'd recommend the lumbar pad anyway.

gthomas
04-01-2008, 16:03
Thanks for the advice:smiley20: