PDA

View Full Version : Armor Island Hopper

giortire
03-26-2008, 07:57
Has anybody used the Armor Island Hopper Bags? It includes a rolling gear bag, and a detachable backpack.
My question is; Does the rolling gear bag have enough room for a set of warm water gear? The dimensions are 24x14x7.5, and I do not know if this would be big enough.
Any help would be appreciated.

Astrid
03-27-2008, 14:04
Let me start off by saying that I love Armor bags. I use their regulator bag and it has taken some serious beatings over the years. Naturally, when I was going to travel out of the country I looked to Armor and bought the Island Hopper. It was perfect because I was not checking baggage and it was the perfect size to carry on American Airlines. Most of the seams ripped the first day on both the large pack and the small one. I was horrified, as it was packed pretty light and not checked/mishandled. When I got home, I called the online dive shop that I bought it from, and they didnt offer to do anything for me. I called Armor, and they were as horrified as I was. THey couldnt believe it because it is a great bag used by their own employees. I got a freak defect set! They apologized and asked me to send the bags back to them. I did so just this past Saturday and have already received my replacement set. Even though it cost me $14 to send the bag back to them, ARMOR WAS A PLEASURE TO DEAL WITH THEM, and I love the bag! My experience has made me more likely to buy from Armor in the future.

It will fit a warm water set of mask, fins, snorkel, shorty & BC