PDA

View Full Version : Mermet 5th and 6th

skdvr
03-30-2008, 11:17
I just saw on SB that Mike from Dive Right In Scuba is going to be at Mermet next weekend with some Whites Fusion Drysuits to demo. This is the Shop that I bought my Fusion from, and him and his father are nice guys and great to deal with.

I am going to be down there on the 5th (I think) just for the day. If anyone has been wanting to try the Fusion out here is your chance...

Phil

skdvr
03-30-2008, 11:38
I meant to put in my first post that if you want to try one one either go to SB and PM Mike or shoot me a PM and I will give you Mikes Contact info so you can give him your size so he can make sure that he has one there for you to try on....

Phil

skdvr
04-02-2008, 10:08
Anyone else making the trip down to Mermet this weekend???

Phil

mm2002
04-02-2008, 10:23
I'll be with ya in spirit Phil. Have fun!

skdvr
04-02-2008, 10:36
I'll be with ya in spirit Phil. Have fun!

Next year hopefully you guys will have drysuit...

Phil

texdiveguy
04-02-2008, 10:40
A wee bit far from Arlington,Texas....safe diving!

skdvr
04-02-2008, 11:04

Not to bad of a drive for 2 days of diving...

Phil

texdiveguy
04-02-2008, 11:36

Not to bad of a drive for 2 days of diving...

Phil

At gas prices now days....its a lot for 2 days diving in a pond. :)

skdvr
04-06-2008, 07:34
Well I dove Mermet yesterday and all I can say is NO VIS.

It was the murkiest that I have ever seen that place. One of the staff said they had 2 or 3 mudslides into the quarry about a week and a half ago. He said that last weekend he was diving just after one of the mudslides cleaning one of the deep platforms, with his buddy, and his buddy was about 6 ft away and all he could see was the bulb of his HID can light. No beam, just a little glimpse of the bulb.

Now this weekend was not that bad, at times we had about 5 ft. It got worse as you got deeper too. Below about 45 ft it looked like you were swimming into chocolate milk. I could actually feel the turbulance of my buddies fins but could not see him.

I still had fun. Bad vis does not kill dives for me. I just wish it could have been better.

Phil

snagel
04-06-2008, 08:15
We were down there a month ago and what they told us is that March sucks for viz and most of April. It starts to clear up in late April and May tends to be good viz until June when all the classes start up again. In June it is hit and miss depending on how many students are "mucking" things up. (Not to talk down about students, we have all been there)

S. Nagel

skdvr
04-06-2008, 08:47
I was also amazed to see all the flooding down there. On both sides of hwy 45 just before you get to Mermet Springs it just looks like a huge swamp. Hopefully rain will be done for a week or so down there so things can dry up a little...

Phil

harb99
04-06-2008, 09:45
We were down there a month ago and what they told us is that March sucks for viz and most of April.

I spoke with Glenn a few days ago - lack of visibility probably has more to do with the excessive amounts of rain that the area has received in the past couple of weeks - we got 12 to 13 inches of rain in less than 36 hours about 2 weeks ago - he also said the water level is the highest that he has ever seen - hopefully the rain will quit or slow down and the visibility will come back before it gets warm enough for me to dive.