PDA

View Full Version : OMS Backpad with OMS SS Backplate

mangrovejack
03-30-2008, 18:25
Hi,

I just received my order from scubatoys today and I went to attach the backpad to the backplate and realised that the bottom two holes don't align with any holes in the backplate. I've seen in other photos that there are 8 bookscrews that attach the backpad to the backplate but I can't contort the bottom two to fit as they seem to be halfway between the holes.

Anyone else experience this issue and how did you fix it? Hopefully it won't resort to having to drill new holes in the backplate.

Thanks.

frogman159
03-30-2008, 18:41
I just bought the OMS backpad with the AL plate 2 weeks ago, The hardware came with the pad. I found it a bit easier to install if I started at the bottom.

I did have to pull the pad taut to get the screws in the last holes, but none of this was difficult enough to warrent drilling new holes.

frogman159
03-30-2008, 18:46
I actually ended up using 2 of the screws to bolt my wing to my BP and used zip ties in place of the screws on the pad

mangrovejack
03-30-2008, 18:49
Hey Mate, thanks for your quick reply. I just tried like you said and the bottom two holes are not even close to the existing holes in the backplate. I think I might just use your idea of zip tying the bottom two in place. Its a bit of a shame that it doesn't fit since the backplate and backpad are both made by OMS.

frogman159
03-30-2008, 19:02
Hey Mate, thanks for your quick reply. I just tried like you said and the bottom two holes are not even close to the existing holes in the backplate. I think I might just use your idea of zip tying the bottom two in place. Its a bit of a shame that it doesn't fit since the backplate and backpad are both made by OMS.

That is odd that they don't fit. Well if it helps, Like I said I have the Al plate, but when I look at it there are 9 holes running down each side of the plate.

From the top of the plate I've screws in holes #1, 4, 7 and the bottom is in the first hole on the bottom right under the lower strap slots

fireted
02-25-2010, 17:38
I had this problem, but instead of drilling new holes I simply used surgical tubing and wove thru the holes and the backpad. Kind of like weaking the bottom of a chair pad. the plus side is there is a bit more "SPRING" to my back pad and gives me some room to store my DSMB !

naplestreasures
03-01-2010, 12:20
I uses adhesive backed velcro to solve the same problem.
It works just fine.

naplestreasures
11-20-2010, 18:11
Thank goodness I have a velcro attached backpad.
A whole like cheaper than buying all those sex bolts.