PDA

View Full Version : Bye Bye Scuba fund... :(

Clanggedin
04-01-2008, 13:51
Miley Cyrus (Hanna Montana) and Blue Man Group have just been announced as the performers to the July 4th "Stadium of Fire" show here in Utah at Lavell Edwards Stadium.

There goes the money I was saving for more dive gear, now that I have to buy tickets to this concert.:smiley19:

At least I get to see BMG perform in their first stadium concert.:smiley36:

I need to remember to bring earplugs. 60,000+ teen girls screaming will destroy your hearing in seconds.

scubasamurai
04-01-2008, 14:46
i can see about bmg, but cyrus those tickets are such a rip off and your going to have to fight all the for those tickets. good luck

Osprey
04-01-2008, 15:43
You are a kinder soul than I!

Zyxistal
04-01-2008, 15:47
You are a kinder soul than I!

And braver.

EuphoriaII
04-01-2008, 16:33
Glad I have boys. On the other hand, buying dive gear and paying for dives for both my son's just might cost more than Hanna Montana tickets.

fisheater
04-01-2008, 20:38
I really doubt that a bunch of pre-teen girls will "get" BMG.

Personally, as much as I'm a BMG fan, I'd pass on that bill. Go diving instead.

Gombessa
04-01-2008, 21:03
I really doubt that a bunch of pre-teen girls will "get" BMG.

Please. "Tween" girls.

Trey9123
04-01-2008, 21:05
Make mom take them.

jtkkym
04-01-2008, 21:06
Sorry to hear your SCUBA fund is going away but enjoy other stuff.

ScottW
04-02-2008, 08:35
There is a way to do both besides having mom take them as stated previously. Go to Smiths and buy some goodies, Sportmans Warehouse and buy some binoculars and some of those hunters ears so you can hear, take a drive to Squaw Peak or hike to the Y and make it a party. You save money for diving, have extra stuff for hunting and everyone can actually hear BMG and what’s her name without all the screaming. Bounus..you can see all of the fireworks around the valley not just the stadium stuff.

Side note BMG was killer at the Energy Solutions Arena. Son dragged me kicking and screaming.:smilie39:

Clanggedin
04-02-2008, 11:29
Well, it's official. I aquired tickets some tickets. They don't go on sale until Friday, so it pays to have connections. If I HAVE to go then I taking my 9 yr old son with me. I'm not going to suffer alone through Miley's set, plus he'll get a kick out of BMG.

I like Scuba, but I rather have my daughter think I'm the best Dad in the world.

Scubastud16
04-02-2008, 12:19
Blue Man Group is INCREDIBLE. I saw them in their original theater in Boston. You'll enjoy it!

DollFin
04-02-2008, 13:35
Blue Man Group is INCREDIBLE. I saw them in their original theater in Boston. You'll enjoy it!

I've seen them twice - once way back when I lived in Boston and they were first "hot" there, and then last year at the New Orleans Arena. I admit I liked the original show better - it's a lot more fun in a smaller venue.

scootermcfly
04-03-2008, 06:41
BMG are great to see, I've seen them in Boston, NY, Vegas (both Luxor and Venitian) and a couple of their tours that they have had. I brought my teenagers once, and they enjoyed it but I don't see them being fans like I am.

Scooter McFly