PDA

View Full Version : Bad experiemce in Birmingham, Alabama

lillucky6363
04-02-2008, 19:30
Anyone from Birmingham, Alabama ever had trouble with Fun Divers. They really got me. At first I was in the Divemaster program then next thing i know they would not even help me with learning my decompression theory. Then they pushed this other guy through and told me that he could train me. I said no because i did his openwater class in my brief dive training. Has anyone else ever had any problems with them. I have heard that it is quite a common affair for them to do this from others. As I am doing my Instructor Course with a guy who has another horror story. Plus from talking to other divers i get a consensus of these people not being friendly and simply not inviting. Has anyone else had a bad experience?

mike_s
04-02-2008, 20:35
For those who don't know who Fun Divers is.... ( I had to look them up also), this is the old RNR Divers that was bought or went out of business...

I'd be interested to hear more about this. Oddly, with Birmingham being as big as it is, there don't seem to be many dive shops there.

BamaDiver
04-15-2008, 12:57
i was certified through Scubaventures. no problems to this date. i bought all my gear from him. we have plans to cert me this july/aug timeframe for AOW and nitrox. scubaventures is top of the line for me!

BamaDiver (BD)

Sounder
04-15-2008, 16:11
Sounds like a common dive shop practice... unfortunately, there are more horror stories out there than there should be.

elijahb
05-22-2008, 16:52
Sounds like a common dive shop practise... unfortunately, there are more horror stories out there than there should be. Yeah one of the local shops around me does similar things... It makes me wonder if they are still following the guidelines for certification as required by there insurance policy