PDA

View Full Version : Scubatoys website issue?

frogman159
04-03-2008, 07:52
When I try to browse products on ST, I get a window that pops up asking me if I want to install a Chinese Language service pack, anyone else have these issues?

mentalmarine
04-03-2008, 07:55
Hrmm, that doesnt sound like a ST website issue rather more with your browers settings. I am no expert though :)

awap
04-03-2008, 08:06
Don't do it. You buy something and 2 hours later you will want to go shopping again.

frogman159
04-03-2008, 08:21
Hrmm, that doesnt sound like a ST website issue rather more with your browers settings. I am no expert though :)

Yeah this happend last night at home, and now today at work-Different computers

frogman159
04-03-2008, 08:23
Don't do it. You buy something and 2 hours later you will want to go shopping again.

Maybe this is a good thing I can't browse, I've already placed about 4 orders in 4 weeks:smiley20:

wgt
04-03-2008, 08:34
不, 我没有那个问题

hoobascooba
04-03-2008, 08:59
不, 我没有那个问题

i don't have that problem either :smiley2:

frogman159
04-03-2008, 09:05
不, 我没有那个问题

i don't have that problem either :smiley2:

Now I feel left out of my own thread:smiley19:

frogman159
04-03-2008, 10:12
Ahh there was some updating going on, ST posted it.

unclepooty
04-03-2008, 10:18
I know I can get a little out of touch, but I thought the rumor was an Austin branch......not Asian. :smiley36:

fisheater
04-03-2008, 10:33
That was happening to me, too.

I had to do a restart to make it stop.

ScubaToys Larry
04-03-2008, 10:36
Well, it turns out, divetank is going out of business. We are taking over their website - Divetank Scuba Gear Supply - Wetsuits, Drysuits, Fins & More (http://www.divetank.com), and when we tried to import their database into ours - there was some corruption in their data... which kinda' scrambled ours a bit.

This was also happening as we were trying to update to a new cart... so one goof up compounded with another...

Ooops!

Anyway... better now than December when we were going to try to cross over to the new cart!

We've got guys working on patching everything back together, but if you need anything in the mean time... just give us a shout!

jphelps9196
04-03-2008, 10:44
Well, it turns out, divetank is going out of business. We are taking over their website - Divetank Scuba Gear Supply - Wetsuits, Drysuits, Fins & More (http://www.divetank.com), and when we tried to import their database into ours - there was some corruption in their data... which kinda' scrambled ours a bit.

Larry - Does this mean that ST will be selling the AquaLung / Apeks brands? Clearing out current Divetank inventory? Or, continuing to run as two separate businesses?

-J.

mwhities
04-03-2008, 10:49

Larry - Does this mean that ST will be selling the AquaLung / Apeks brands? Clearing out current Divetank inventory? Or, continuing to run as two separate businesses?

-J.

I would think (assuming here) that if they were trying to import DTs database, they are merging them over as one company (or actually bought all of their stock and letting DTs name go) and sale everything DT had.

This is good, I need the Suunto Vytec DS computer. :)

Michael

ScubaToys Larry
04-03-2008, 10:57
We did not buy any stock... they have none... and we did not buy the company... just the website. So in the import of some of the products they do carry that we can... but didn't have on our page - that's where the data corruption occurred...

So no... we still will not be dealing with suunto and aqualung until some time when those companies decide to change the way they do business and service.

jphelps9196
04-03-2008, 10:59
We did not buy any stock... they have none... and we did not buy the company... just the website. So in the import of some of the products they do carry that we can... but didn't have on our page - that's where the data corruption occurred...

So no... we still will not be dealing with suunto and aqualung until some time when those companies decide to change the way they do business and service.

Got it - thanks for the clarification (Didn't think things had changed on the AL front, but you don't know if you don't ask!)

- J.

mwhities
04-03-2008, 11:16

I stand (ok, I'm sitting) corrected. :)

Michael

RoyN
04-06-2008, 17:04
Now I feel left out of my own thread:smiley19:

:smiley31:
不要担心, 它没有新东西! = Don't worry, its nothing new!

mentalmarine
04-06-2008, 18:22

ahhhhhhm that explains a lot :)