PDA

View Full Version : Hello from McKinney Texas

bversteegh
08-01-2007, 23:08
Hello everyone - just joined up today with my "local" dive shop - only 30 miles away - and the number of "toys" they have are dangerous to the scuba buck fund!:smiley36: Hope to meet some DFW underwater photographers here on the forum to share tall tales with over a beer or two.

Originally certified in the late 70's in college, dove a fair amount until my daughter was born in the mid - 80's. Dropped out of the hobby for several years, then restarted in the mid-90's with a trip a year to the Caribbean. bought my first digital camera and housing in 2004, and have been hooked ever since - really revitalized my passion for diving. The desire to find unique creatures to photograph has led to a much better knowledge of habitats/behaviors, which makes each dive more enjoyable when you can start to recognize behavior, and know where to look for different types of creatures.

I try to get in 50 or so dives a year now - my last 4 trips have been to Indonesia; incredible (and addicting) diving. Hoping to get to Fiji for my next trip. Well, enough blathering for now, hope to meet some new dive buddies from the area.

BSea
08-01-2007, 23:17
Your dive career sound almost exactly like mine. Except I've never been to Indonesia. Welcome to the board.

Wolfie2012
08-02-2007, 00:08
Welcome to the board! Glad to have your varied experience around here! :)

Coaster
08-02-2007, 01:26
Hello and welcome to the forum...you have some great photos...I like the "lionfish on final". :smiley20:

Centerius
08-02-2007, 08:06
Welcome to the board! I love this (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bversteegh/815047924/) picture -- it's creepy looking. :)

Moxie
08-02-2007, 08:50
Howdy and welcome to the boards. I wish I were as close to ST!

Foo2
08-02-2007, 09:28
Hey bversteegh! We're practically neighbors, I'm in ********. Glad to have you on the board!

bversteegh
08-03-2007, 00:13
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Been poking around the board a little, looks like lots of good information; now we all need to spend more time diving and less time staring at a silly computer screen:smiley36:

Dive-aholic
08-03-2007, 02:36
Welcome to the board! My in-laws live not too far from you in Blue Ridge. I'll be there next weekend on the way to Florida. We usually head over to visit a few times a year. Haven't been diving in Texas in a while, though.

Bill22
08-04-2007, 20:44
Hi and welcome to the board... you should check out the Philippines sometime... think you might like it there. Good bang for the buck ;-)

bversteegh
08-04-2007, 23:07
Hi and welcome to the board... you should check out the Philippines sometime... think you might like it there. Good bang for the buck ;-)

Funny you should mention that - a group of my uw photography buddies from digidiver.net and I are headed there for a couple weeks next May. We've all done Lembeh several times(which is still an incredible place), but it's starting to get crowded, and showing the strain from the huge number of divers; so we decided to move North and give it a try:smiley20: