PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Dry suit cost- Does anyone know?

RickPeck
04-03-2008, 20:10
Is the price shown on ScubaToys include the boots? Is there a Forum discount or ScubaBoard discount as well?

Thanks,

Rick

Gombessa
04-03-2008, 20:38
Is the price shown on ScubaToys include the boots? Is there a Forum discount or ScubaBoard discount as well?

Thanks,

Rick

Boots aren't included. You can use wetsuit booties or Converse chuck taylors if you want to go on the cheap. I think you should be able to get the 10% off from the forums on this, even if it brings the price under MAP (shhh).

Edit: Oops, I double-checked the link and of course everyone else is right - looks like the boots are included. Now that looks like a great deal.

skdvr
04-03-2008, 21:48
The way I read the website the Fusion does come with the boots of your choice. Either the Altera or Evo3.

I have the Altera and if I bought boots again I would probably buy the Evo3. The Altera are nice but just not a lot of support if you are walking over rocky terrain a lot. They are easier to get on and off than the Evo3 which is a big plus when you have a bunch of bulky underware on.

I would double check with the ST folks about the price but I would think that the boots are included. And yes you get your 10% off plus your $10 card if you have not used that already. You could wait until you get to 250 posts and get your $50 off as well...

Phil

Judestudio
04-04-2008, 17:29
Yea, boots are included in the price - Altera or Evo3, just not the thermals, says Joe.

And yes, you get the 10% board discount, also says Joe.

skdvr
04-05-2008, 04:37
Yea, boots are included in the price - Altera or Evo3, just not the thermals, says Joe.

And yes, you get the 10% board discount, also says Joe.

Now go and buy one. It is a great suit. I love mine:smiley20:

Phil

Judestudio
04-05-2008, 05:58
Now go and buy one. It is a great suit. I love mine:smiley20:

Phil
Hey Phil, how is your suit holding up? I'm just a little worried about the durability. Do you have the the Tech or the Lycra skin?

skdvr
04-06-2008, 07:28
I have the lycra skin, and it is holding up very well. I have only put about 8 dives on it though. A few weeks ago I was doing some shore diving and was walking through some pretty nasty brush and I thought that I may have goot a snag or two somewhere on the suit, but it help up great.

I really think that I will get a tech skin. I am acutally waiting for the rescue red to come out so I can take a loook at it. With a lot of the diving that I do in very limited vis the color could help. The tech skin is appealing to me because of the pockets...

If you have any more questions do not hesitate to ask...

Phil

imasinker
04-23-2008, 17:47
I am no expert, but I have seen the Fusion in action. Note, Whites has a very bad reputation with customer service. The suit basically looks and feels like a shell suit with a lycra covering. Basically it's a Bilam. Not all that easy to put on, It is held in place with a few velcro fasteners. It doesnt look all that stable to me and with the cost of the tech skin you should just get it anyway. Being a Canadian I was really leaning towards them as well. I know a few ppl who have bought from Whites, and well one guy who had issues with his suit got it back after 10 weeks with the boots put on the wrong feet. . The Idea is great but I would wait untill a more reliable company goes with the idea.

LCF
04-24-2008, 05:51
Durability on the Fusion is the question -- Not known, because it's too new.

But I was willing to take the gamble, because the suit isn't expensive as dry suits go, and because of the wonderful comfort and mobility it affords. I've got about 40 dives or so on mine, including a dozen cave dives, and the Lycra has a bit of pilling from crawling around on limestone getting in and out of Florida springs, but otherwise the suit is doing great.

I couldn't use the very nice Evo boots because they were too big for me and didn't fit in my fins, so I use Converse High tops. Look silly, work great.

skdvr
04-24-2008, 05:58
I am no expert, but I have seen the Fusion in action. Note, Whites has a very bad reputation with customer service. The suit basically looks and feels like a shell suit with a lycra covering. Basically it's a Bilam. Not all that easy to put on, It is held in place with a few velcro fasteners. It doesnt look all that stable to me and with the cost of the tech skin you should just get it anyway. Being a Canadian I was really leaning towards them as well. I know a few ppl who have bought from Whites, and well one guy who had issues with his suit got it back after 10 weeks with the boots put on the wrong feet. . The Idea is great but I would wait untill a more reliable company goes with the idea.

I personally have never heard a bad thing about Whits customer service. So far any dealings I have had with them was great. When I bought my MK2 undergarment, I bought it from their Ebay store. I called Whites and talked to someone about the undergarment first and they were extremely helpful and polite. Now I have not had any problems with anything to know how they deal with them.

The suit is a shell suit with a lycra cover... Their Bilam suit is a bullet proof that has been around for a long time, and is very well proven. The suit is actually qute easy to put on, maybe just a little different than others. I put together a little video of putting on the suit for fun. It was for a little competition that was thrown down from the Shop that I bought the suit from. You can take a look at it here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akaqL24uoyA). The skin is held on by more than a few velcro fastners. Yes it is held on by vlecro, but that velcro completely goes around both wrists, both ankles, the zipper, and the neck. It is held on there very well. I am not sure about what you mean about it not being stable. I suggest going and trying the suit for yourself. Not everyone is going to like it, but to bash something without giving it a shot seems a little harsh to me.

Phil

cummings66
04-24-2008, 10:10
I think it is harsh as well, if a person owns it or has used it that's one thing. To bash it without trying it, well...

White's Service has had a time or two where they took a while to repair things, but I don't think it's always as bad as he made it out to be. My LDS uses Whites drysuits and if it was that bad he wouldn't use them.

10 weeks and the boots on the wrong feet? Surely something was going on there. I'd like to see documentation on that one. When the thing was shipped on both ends, if a dive shop was involved, etc. Just too wierd.