PDA

View Full Version : Membership Drive?!?!?!

moosicman
04-07-2008, 09:04
I've been reading some of the threads such as "Most Dangerous Creature You've Come Across" and thought to myself, "I know folks that could contribute to that, if only they were members here!" I'm sure there are those with experiences and stories that I, for one, would like to read about. So maybe we should have a membership drive of some sort. Perhaps make it a contest for the month of May as the weather starts getting more "diveacious". What do ya think???

I think I shoulda put this in the other forum, "Site/Forum Specific". If a moderator would like to move it that would be swell!:)

mentalmarine
04-07-2008, 09:12
I would be down for a member drive, I mean it shouldnt be to hard scuba toys is pretty much paying people to be on the forum :)

fisheater
04-07-2008, 09:27
Yeah. But they have to be the "right sort" of people.

We don't want to go the way of that "other" board, where every question, especially those posted by newbies generates responsives of "you're going to die" because you don't dive the way I do.

mentalmarine
04-07-2008, 09:29

We don't want to go the way of that "other" board, where every question, especially those posted by newbies generates responsives of "you're going to die" because you don't dive the way I do.

ahhhh yes, I remember my first few posts, getting flammed for asking simple questions. It doesnt make for a friendly environment. You are definitly spot on fisheater.

Zyxistal
04-07-2008, 09:40

You mean I'm not going to die from using my Henderson wetsuit?

mwhities
04-07-2008, 09:43

Hope not. I have Henderson Gold core from head to toe: literally.

Michael

ScubaJenn81
04-07-2008, 09:46
Forgive my ignorance, but how does a membership drive work?

mentalmarine
04-07-2008, 10:18
a. You have new members stand in the middle of the road, and you take your car or truck and proceed to run over the new members.

b. Members of the board try to recruit new members that are of said quality to the board.

c. Current ST members drive new members to florida where they can enjoy the sunshine and diving.

d. None of the above, they are all wrong and Mentalmarine needs serious help.

:)

frogman159
04-07-2008, 15:14
No doubt, these boards have been kinda quiet lately

TxScubaBear
04-07-2008, 17:56

Only if it ain't Hyperstretch......:smilie39:

TxScubaBear
04-07-2008, 17:57
a. You have new members stand in the middle of the road, and you take your car or truck and proceed to run over the new members.

b. Members of the board try to recruit new members that are of said quality to the board.

c. Current ST members drive new members to florida where they can enjoy the sunshine and diving.

d. None of the above, they are all wrong and Mentalmarine needs serious help.

:)
d. ..... now praise the Lord and pass the Valium