PDA

View Full Version : Sending mine off

DivingCRNA
04-07-2008, 16:48
I am sending my dry suit off in the mail in the next day or 2 to Superior Diving Repair for a new neck seal, new wrist seals, AND a p-valve.

Anyone have a reason to NOT use these guys. They claim a 2 week turn around and are in dry suit country.

I am gonna love the pee valve. I was almost thinking of buying diapers yesterday...

fireflock
04-07-2008, 17:15
The have a good reputation. I have a couple of buddies who use them and they are not the type of guys to settle for shoddy workmanship or service.

CompuDude
04-07-2008, 18:16
They have a very good rep. I've only heard one complaint that I can recall, and that was sort of a special case. Every other mention I've read has been very positive about them.

I believe Gamble Scuba has better prices, but the service is pretty much equal between them, from what I've been able to determine.

texdiveguy
04-07-2008, 18:22
Superior Diving Repair does a good job....plenty of experience and fair pricing for the quality work they perform.

cummings66
04-08-2008, 06:55
Those are the two big guys you hear about. Very little bad reports on either one of them.

mm_dm
04-08-2008, 08:07
I believe Gamble Scuba has better prices, but the service is pretty much equal between them, from what I've been able to determine.

I'll second this recommendation...a quality operation.

mwhities
04-08-2008, 08:34
I was going to send my suit to them too but, I called Steve Gamble and for the same work (good quality... so I've been told), Steve was able to do it considerably cheaper. I've heard great things about both. I chose Steve from the price and he's close enough I can make a long weekend drive there to talk with him. If you go with Steve, tell him the big one-armed guy sent you. :)

DivingCRNA
04-08-2008, 14:18
I was going to send my suit to them too but, I called Steve Gamble and for the same work (good quality... so I've been told), Steve was able to do it considerably cheaper. I've heard great things about both. I chose Steve from the price and he's close enough I can make a long weekend drive there to talk with him. If you go with Steve, tell him the big one-armed guy sent you. :)

U have contact info for Steve?

mwhities
04-08-2008, 14:37

http://www.gamblescuba.com/

Tell him the one-armed guy sent you.

CompuDude
04-08-2008, 14:37

DivingCRNA
04-08-2008, 15:41

I dropped him an email today.

in_cavediver
04-08-2008, 16:59
I have sent three suits to superior and nothing but great things to say.

That said, I have heard good recommendations for Gamble as well. (rumor is that is where Dive Rite sends their repairs as well).

I went with Superior last time simply because I knew the work would be top notch quality from personal experience.

PoseidonDiver
04-10-2008, 06:01
Now that DUI no longer accepts off brand dry suits for repair I've lost my "local" repair facility. Does anyone have a trusted repair shop in CA?

How do I get in touch with Superior?

fireflock
04-10-2008, 07:15
Superior Diving Repair, Inc. (http://www.drysuitrepair.com/)

CompuDude
04-10-2008, 14:09
Now that DUI no longer accepts off brand dry suits for repair I've lost my "local" repair facility. Does anyone have a trusted repair shop in CA?

How do I get in touch with Superior?

A lot of people use Sea-Me Repair down in the San Diego area, because they're good, and faster than DUI, most times. 619-563-3691

I've never used them, because I've never been impressed by their prices.

Depending on what work you need done, though, one of our many LDS's may be able to do the simple things, like change seals and such. Anything more substantial and you'll want to send it out to an actual repair facility.

DivingCRNA
05-09-2008, 18:12
I got my suit back from Steve Gamble last week and it looks AWESOME! The latex neck seal looks like it belongs on the suit (it case with a neoprene neck).

The p-valve looks great too.

I dive it tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.