PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

thor
04-09-2008, 15:19
I was just on a crowded elevator for a 25 story building. Just as the doors were going to close, a man stuck his arm in and made the doors open, holding everyone up. Then he pressed the button for the Second Floor. (And yes there were accessible stairs, and no there was nothing physically wrong with this person.) Man, I hate that.

List you pet peeves here (diving or non-diving).

Zenagirl
04-09-2008, 16:01
While diving? Dangling anything! Drives me absolutely insane.

FishFood
04-09-2008, 16:21
Driving in the left lane while not passing. Or slowly passing

Chewing loudly/smacking/etc

Walmart

Public :D

scubasavvy
04-09-2008, 16:39
Scubaboard

Penguino
04-09-2008, 17:05
Scubaboard

Ouch. And yet still very accurate.

ertechsg
04-09-2008, 17:07
people that B@#ch :smilie39:

FOUNDATIONER
04-09-2008, 17:51
People that are late for work.

Oh yeah, and when my wife storms in the bathroom
door while I have a Q-Tip in my ear, that freaks me out:smiley29:

Diver Kat
04-09-2008, 18:10
Diving ... people who have a rattle either hanging or attached to their BC where it actually rattles non-stop the entire dive. (This is why I do not carry a dive knife!)

People who park - in a crowded lot - in 2 spots because their car is new.

Telemarketers.

People who pull into the right lane when there is a big sign that say 'Right Lane Ends - Merge Left'

Okay - I'll shut up now ......:smiley9:

Beaucoupfishies
04-09-2008, 18:13
People in cars in general are irritating. Even the nicest people turn into complete a-holes when they get behind the wheel it seems. I say make everyone ride a motorcycle or drive a smart car so they can't hide behind it. :P

mentalmarine
04-09-2008, 18:32
So I live downtown columbus, just north of the Ohio State campus. I dont mind bikers, I like the fact that people ride bikes than drive. I would like to ride a bike if it made sense for my commute, but I cant. Now saying that, I cannot stand a biker that is in the right lane holding up the entire lane slowing traffic down, it happens just about everyday, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Splitlip
04-09-2008, 18:50
20 items in the express check out lane.

Cash and credit card only and they pull out a check book.

And they don't even reach for the check book until the cashier totals the purchase and announces the final fee.

Then no pen.

Then no driver's license......

frogman159
04-09-2008, 19:36

Guilty as charged :smiley9:

Zyxistal
04-09-2008, 19:39
People who think that just because they can't see anything physically wrong with you that you are (physically) OK or are faking problems.

hooligan
04-09-2008, 19:49
I was just on a crowded elevator for a 25 story building. Just as the doors were going to close, a man stuck his arm in and made the doors open, holding everyone up. Then he pressed the button for the Second Floor. (And yes there were accessible stairs, and no there was nothing physically wrong with this person.) Man, I hate that.

List you pet peaves here (diving or non-diving).

I hate that... We live in a 9 story apt building (on the 9th floor). I hate it when people who aren't carrying groceries or anything take the elevator to the 2nd floor. Hell, sometimes I take the stairs all the way up just for the exercise.

Also, I hate that fat people can get handicapped parking... if anything they should have fat people parking in the back of the lot... might do them some good... now don't get me started on fat people with rascal scooters:icon_evil:

obrules15
04-09-2008, 19:54
No spell checker :smiley2: Pet Peeves.

FishFood
04-09-2008, 20:02

Driving in the incorrect lane is one of the biggest problems on American's roadways. It accounts for lots of wreck, road rage, and mainly, clogged/slow/inefficient roads. :smiley5: :smiley2:

Wolfie2012
04-09-2008, 20:43
LDS' who complain that the internet is killing their business but then do nothing to spur their business except bitch about it.

Largo
04-09-2008, 20:56
#1 People who use their air tank valve to blow dry their dust-caps. (Like nails on a chalkboard)

#2 People who leave their tanks unattended, upright, on a raised surface (picnic table, etc.)

#3 Divemasters and Instructors who wear their masks on their foreheads.

#4 Oldtimers who tell horror stories in order to scare new divers.

#5 Anybody who won't get out of the dog-gone water when a lightning storm is coming.

#6 The A-Hole who forces their significant other to take up diving when he / she doesn't want to do it, then won't leave him / her alone when the instructor is trying to teach the skills.

#7 People who insist that the Nitrox Dive Tables are overly conservative, and need not be obeyed.

#8 Divemasters / boat captains who belittle divers, and say things like "Get in the water! I ain't got all day! The game is on!"

#9 Clowns. Actually, that is a fear, not a pet peeve.

scubasamurai
04-09-2008, 21:48

death!

Shellback
04-09-2008, 22:31
The idea that all of our personal info is on computers for easy access all over the world ! Why does the IRS outsource the task of doing jobs which should be done right here in the good ol' US !

Having to create so many User Names and PINs that I need to write them down which of course defeats the security of even having them.

rawalker
04-09-2008, 23:01
Motorcycles with loud pipes.
If it is such a risk to ride a bike that is quiet then why ride a bike and polute the environment with your noise.

Bikes in HOV lanes with 1 rider (I know it's the law doesn't make it right)

Bikers weaving thru traffic.

Cheddarchick
04-10-2008, 04:54
Bone rattling, window thumping stero systems spewing out profanities at stop signs or in the next lane. I'll take a loud bike over rap music anyday

WV Diver
04-10-2008, 05:21
Holy cow. I'll let you know when my book is published, can't possibly list them all on one little thread.:smiley9:

thor
04-10-2008, 09:07

Uggggghh. The only thing worse than making a spelling error are the people who offer nothing to a thread, e-mail, etc. , but to point out everyone's grammatical and spelling errors. I hate that. And by the way I was using the old english spelling.

thor
04-10-2008, 09:13
#1 People who use their air tank valve to blow dry their dust-caps. (Like nails on a chalkboard)

#2 People who leave their tanks unattended, upright, on a raised surface (picnic table, etc.)

#5 Anybody who won't get out of the dog-gone water when a lightning storm is coming.

#6 The A-Hole who forces their significant other to take up diving when he / she doesn't want to do it, then won't leave him / her alone when the instructor is trying to teach the skills.

#7 People who insist that the Nitrox Dive Tables are overly conservative, and need not be obeyed.

#8 Divemasters / boat captains who belittle divers, and say things like "Get in the water! I ain't got all day! The game is on!"

Oh yeah. Clowns. I'm right there with you. And Mimes. The worst are the people who collect anything clowns. Freaky.

mm_dm
04-10-2008, 09:23
Bone rattling, window thumping stero systems spewing out profanities at stop signs or in the next lane. I'll take a loud bike over rap music anyday

This gets even better when they have it turned up soooo loud that the speaker housing or some part of their car's frame buzzes with every beat.

Also, traffic is being funneled to one lane due to construction or and accident or whatever...and some guy comes flying down the outside lane and tries to force his way into the merge point at the front of the line.

Me:"Rifle please, Jeeves"
Jeeves: "Very good, sir, and may I suggest something high caliber as well?"
Me: "Excellent! Hand me the Mime Rifle" (apologies to Gary Larson)

EuphoriaII
04-10-2008, 10:35
I hate people who drive slow in the left lane. And the elevator holder-uppers from the original post

John Yaskowich
04-10-2008, 11:51
My local Blockbuster stocking a million copies of a new release in DVD but not 1 copy in Blu-Ray. And not having plans to change the policy in the near future because "there in no demand". (Do you think there might be no demand because there is no SUPPLY?!?)

Zyxistal
04-10-2008, 11:57

Oh yeah. Clowns. I'm right there with you. And Mimes. The worst are the people who collect anything clowns. Freaky.

Don't forget those 'statue' guys.

Zyxistal
04-10-2008, 12:00
Kids who run around in stores on those skate shoes. Actually I'm not sure which is worse the kids who do it or the parents who, after their kid runs over you, decide to yell at you for hurting their little darling.

obrules15
04-10-2008, 12:02

Uggggghh. The only thing worse than making a spelling error are the people who offer nothing to a thread, e-mail, etc. , but to point out everyone's grammatical and spelling errors. I hate that. And by the way I was using the old english spelling.

Well why would you be using the old english spelling if you are the Norse God of Thunder and reside the the warrior afterlife. Seems to me still the wrong language. How's Freyya these days. :smiley36:

Zyxistal
04-10-2008, 12:09
If it is such a risk to ride a bike that is quiet then why ride a bike and polute the environment with your noise.

You don't have problems with loud cars too do you?

BoomerNJ
04-10-2008, 13:15
#1 Drivers who do not pull over for Firetrucks, Police or Ambulances. ('Cause I know they would sue me if I don't get to their house quick enough when they call...)

#2 People who park in Handicap spaces & are not in fact disabled (other than mentally).

#3 People who park in a fire zone or yellow zone. (again they would sue me cause I couldn't get to them or put out their fire fast enough if they needed help)

#4 People who almost kill me when I'm riding my motorcycle & claim to not see me (they're usually on their cell phone too)...

#5 People who want to argue with me for being written a ticket for any of the above.

thor
04-10-2008, 14:48

Well why would you be using the old english spelling if you are the Norse God of Thunder and reside the the warrior afterlife. Seems to me still the wrong language. How's Freyya these days. :smiley36:

Freyja is hanging with Loki. Now get the Frigg out of here.

snarkyone
04-10-2008, 15:17
There are way too many to list them all but at this second:

The person who feels compelled to clip their nails in their cube...and I don't mean just 1 or 2 snips...it's a 15 minute ordeal. :smiley7:

aprilgoddess1987
04-10-2008, 15:41
being called an ambulance driver, I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR TWO YEARS TO GET MY PARAMEDIC!

mm_dm
04-10-2008, 16:27
being called an ambulance driver, I WENT TO COLLEGE FOR TWO YEARS TO GET MY PARAMEDIC!

Better than an AMBULANCE CHASER. Okay Thor, I asked for it this time. :smilie39:

DollFin
04-11-2008, 00:30
I agree with those who hate loud, profane rap music.

People who feel the need to cary on a conversation at the top of their voice with someone sitting 2 feet away from them.

Bars that play the music (no matter WHAT kind) so loudly that you can't carry on a conversation with someone sitting 2 feet away from you.

(are you sensing a theme here? Yes, my ears are sensitive and I hate loud noise in general!)

Other classics include:

People who say "axe" instead of "ask" (that one makes me want to "axe" the offender in the skull!"

People who leave their shopping carts in the MIDDLE of the aisle, some even leaving it perpendicular to the aisle, so no one else can get around. YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE STORE, MOVE YOUR CART OFF TO THE SIDE!

Men whom I have never met who insist on referring to me as "baby", "babe", "sweetheart" "sexy" etc.

People who think they are being so original when they find out I am a massage therapist and make jokes about whether I give "happy endings".

...and the list goes on!

ianr33
04-11-2008, 07:54
My current peeve is American Airlines cancelling my flight back to Austin this morning ,which means I will be spending all saturday in Newark,NJ instead of going diving :(

mentalmarine
04-11-2008, 08:13
There are way too many to list them all but at this second:

The person who feels compelled to clip their nails in their cube...and I don't mean just 1 or 2 snips...it's a 15 minute ordeal. :smiley7:

oohhh man that would really send me through the loops. Get BACK TO WORK. Maybe thats why I hate cubicals anyways, they are damn rate boxes, let me out!!! :smiley29:

My current peeve is American Airlines cancelling my flight back to Austin this morning ,which means I will be spending all saturday in Newark,NJ instead of going diving :(

Everytime I see flights cancelled, thats what I think of. In the middle of nowhere with my dive gear in one hand, not being able to dive. I feel for you and hope you get out of their soon.

NoTime58
04-11-2008, 08:22

My sentiments exactly......I can't understand why they think everyone else around them has the same taste in so called "music" !! Makes me want to cut their speaker wires !!

dallasdivergirl
04-11-2008, 10:22

I was at a job site yesterday & the decor was clowns. Freaked me out...shivers.

Slow cars in fast lane.
The nice folks that cut you off to drive slow.
Beer that looks & tastes like water.
People still on momma & daddy's purse strings who complain about how life is so hard for them.
People who ask me if I am this skinny on purpose. (I can't fight the gene pool (well, I could return to the beer, bbq & french fry diet) & what if I had a eating disorder?!?!)
Clothing for pre-teen & young teen girls that is completely inappropriate (not them wearing it, the companies that market it). Let them be kids.

I do combat the traffic issues with audiobooks to distract me.

clayhabitat
04-11-2008, 10:24
LDS' who complain that the internet is killing their business but then do nothing to spur their business except bitch about it.
YES!! One of my LDS has a website--but it has been unattended for some time. It has no info regarding dive classes, equipment sales, specials, or dive club meetings. Then they complain about anybody who dares to purchase online. Join the 21st century!

clayhabitat
04-11-2008, 10:27

My sentiments exactly......I can't understand why they think everyone else around them has the same taste in so called "music" !! Makes me want to cut their speaker wires !!
Every time I hear loud Rap I tell my dear wife and daughter that I am tempted to get out some opera, roll down the windows, and let it rip. I could play that game too, and they would be exposed to something different (and you were already exposed to opera if watched any WB cartoons like Bugs Bunny).

Zyxistal
04-11-2008, 11:38
People who have 3 maxed out credit cards trying to give me financial advice.

Panchita
04-11-2008, 11:51
who get on the boat, check out everyone else's gear, then casually mention that they're "so glad they don't have that old BC to lug around anymore!" I happen to love my BC...

Chad
04-11-2008, 13:41
Dive Alert, SubDuck, noise maker, shaker, etc. Not everyone in the water wants to be notified of the 63rd squirrel fish you spotted. :anim_stick:

NucMed Man
04-11-2008, 14:36
People who ask what you do for for leisure/sport, then go into a thirty minute long talk about how they could never go diving and can not understand why you do.

Splitlip
04-11-2008, 15:11
the driver who realizes he needs to make a turn at the next intersection and stops until he can cross over to the turn lane. He will hold up all the cars behind him so he won't be inconvenienced with a u-turn on the other side of the intersection.

mwhities
04-11-2008, 15:29
I hate when people keep their windshield wipers on an hour + AFTER the rain storm stopped. :|

John Yaskowich
04-11-2008, 19:43
Drivers who leave their turn indicator blinking when they are not turning or changing lanes. Drivers who turn or change lanes without using their indicator.

Murloc
04-24-2008, 14:14
guys that wear pants below their ass...and are always pulling them up just to have them fall back down

young girls that walk around all tarted up

people who park in handicap parking spots and are obviously not handicap (yeah, the ones who park in the spot and then RUN into the radio shack to pay their cell phone bill before it closes)

the woman who has 5 kids in tow at the grocery store checkout who has a cart full of koolaid packs and hotdogs and uses food stamps to pay for it...all the while standing there talking on a cell phone with $300 worth of gold jewelry on her, a weave in her hair, and 4" long fake nails and then leaves and gets into a car that is newer then mine..that is parked in a handicap spot

individuals that have their car stereos thumping so damn loud that it shakes the windows of the house as they drive by...at 3AM

women who dress in clothes so skimpy that a good sneeze would completely undress her...and then gets pissed when she catches you staring at her

any friggin tech support individual in India who: doesn't understand you...you don't understand them....and after a half hour of broken english finally bumps you up a tier after telling you to do everything you have already done but still unable to fix the problem...jiggle the wire my ass

any auto repair shop that keeps your vehicle for days, over charges you, and then 2 days after you've gotten it back you find a new problem that is right next to the spot that the mechanic fixed

and 18 yr old guys who think they know every damn thing there is to know, are bullet proof, the funniest guy around, and God's special gift to women only to find out 30 years later that they really are stupid, aren't as tough as they thought they were, only funny in their own mind, and am damn lucky to have any woman not laugh out loud when he flirts with her...oh wait, that's me

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 14:21
guys that wear pants below their ass...and are always pulling them up just to have them fall back down

young girls that walk around all tarted up

people who park in handicap parking spots and are obviously not handicap (yeah, the ones who park in the spot and then RUN into the radio shack to pay their cell phone bill before it closes)

the woman who has 5 kids in tow at the grocery store checkout who has a cart full of koolaid packs and hotdogs and uses food stamps to pay for it...all the while standing there talking on a cell phone with $300 worth of gold jewelry on her, a weave in her hair, and 4" long fake nails and then leaves and gets into a car that is newer then mine..that is parked in a handicap spot

individuals that have their car stereos thumping so damn loud that it shakes the windows of the house as they drive by...at 3AM

women who dress in clothes so skimpy that a good sneeze would completely undress her...and then gets pissed when she catches you staring at her

any friggin tech support individual in India who: doesn't understand you...you don't understand them....and after a half hour of broken english finally bumps you up a tier after telling you to do everything you have already done but still unable to fix the problem...jiggle the wire my ass

any auto repair shop that keeps your vehicle for days, over charges you, and then 2 days after you've gotten it back you find a new problem that is right next to the spot that the mechanic fixed

and 18 yr old guys who think they know every damn thing there is to know, are bullet proof, the funniest guy around, and God's special gift to women only to find out 30 years later that they really are stupid, aren't as tough as they thought they were, only funny in their own mind, and am damn lucky to have any woman not laugh out loud when he flirts with her...oh wait, that's me

Wow, feel any better now? :smiley36:

Murloc
04-24-2008, 14:32
you have your therapy...I have mine

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 14:33
you have your therapy...I have mine

Mine has a red pirate on the front and mixes well with Coke. :smiley20:

Murloc
04-24-2008, 14:36
now that's the best idea I've heard all day...but mine's Mount Gay rum, coke, twist of lime,,,,Barbados has more to offer then just diving

Grizbear98
04-24-2008, 14:39
I hate those heelies shoes that kids wear, screaming children in public places, rap music being blasted, people who run around screaming in the dorms at 3 am the night before I have a big exam, people who make a product return 3 times in the course of an hour, people who don't know how to drive but do anyways, finals week, babies, the song that never ends, Britney Spears, and know it alls

I have quite a list lol

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 14:43
now that's the best idea I've heard all day...but mine's Mount Gay rum, coke, twist of lime,,,,Barbados has more to offer then just diving

Ooh, getting fancier. Our favorite from Barbados is a brand called Doorly's. It's got a parrot on the front and is pretty similar to Mount Gay. Our friend keeps getting us to try a brand called Pyrate XO, but it seems a little pricey and we've still got a ton of other stuff to get through.

oh hardships!

waytooslow
04-24-2008, 14:47

Guilty on two of the three. Sounds like you ahve issues with motorcycles, that is okay we (cyclists) forgive you.

But bikes are legal in HOV with one rider - so deal with that one. Not sure why that is considered wrong. If lane splitting was legal in texas then cool to end the hov rule

Oh and the weaving? that is because cages (cars/trucks) are just moving traffic cones. :smiley36: I usually only do a weave to escape (squort) past a dumb yockle that is try to kill me.

Persoanally I like quite, stealth pipes. my race bikes scream, but that is on a closed course.

Seriuosly all in fun. :moped:

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 15:35
Guilty on two of the three. Sounds like you ahve issues with motorcycles, that is okay we (cyclists) forgive you.

But bikes are legal in HOV with one rider - so deal with that one. Not sure why that is considered wrong. If lane splitting was legal in texas then cool to end the hov rule

Oh and the weaving? that is because cages (cars/trucks) are just moving traffic cones. :smiley36: I usually only do a weave to escape (squort) past a dumb yockle that is try to kill me.

Persoanally I like quite, stealth pipes. my race bikes scream, but that is on a closed course.

Really miss riding around on mine. I only had a Honda Silverwing, but it was still a blast and I always enjoyed commuting on it instead of the car. Had to sell it for financial reasons. :P

waytooslow
04-24-2008, 15:54

Really miss riding around on mine. I only had a Honda Silverwing, but it was still a blast and I always enjoyed commuting on it instead of the car. Had to sell it for financial reasons. :P

Heck the way gas prices are going, better sell the cars and get a bike. Hondas are great, I bleed honda red - presently riding a CBR1100XX as a sport tourer - got to love the instant acellaration- 0-60 in 2.8 secs. Top speed = 186 (if you are so inclinded - not me).

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 16:29
Heck the way gas prices are going, better sell the cars and get a bike. Hondas are great, I bleed honda red - presently riding a CBR1100XX as a sport tourer - got to love the instant acellaration- 0-60 in 2.8 secs. Top speed = 186 (if you are so inclinded - not me).

Still owe too much on the car unfortunately. Fortunately, I get to telecommute to work now so it's not so much of an issue. I'll get another bike eventually, and it'll be something a little less scooter-y to boot. ;) Last time I was window shopping I was deciding between the CBR600RR and the Suzuki SV650SF.

thor
04-24-2008, 17:07
Cell phone in one hand, Giant Hummer steering wheel in the other, drifting into my lane. I don't quite understand why soccer moms need cars that were built to withstand Patriot Missles. I guess if you are going to use the cell and drive with your neck cranked at a 45 degree angle to hold the phone to your shouder, you probably want a car that can handle impact and take out three other cars at the same time.

Grizbear98
04-24-2008, 18:37
oh, and not to mention Capital One's customer service, if you can call that customer service

buddhasummer
04-24-2008, 22:23
Standing in line at Mcdonalds for 20 mins and when the people in front get to the counter they then spend another 20mins deciding what they wanna order...THE MENUS THE SAME AS IT WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT THERE!!!

julz
04-24-2008, 23:49
I hate those heelies shoes that kids wear, screaming children in public places, rap music being blasted, people who run around screaming in the dorms at 3 am the night before I have a big exam, people who make a product return 3 times in the course of an hour, people who don't know how to drive but do anyways, finals week, babies, the song that never ends, Britney Spears, and know it alls

I have quite a list lol

i agree with finals week, the song that never ends and those stupid heelies shoes.

Beaucoupfishies
04-25-2008, 09:18
i agree with finals week, the song that never ends and those stupid heelies shoes.

The great thing about the heelies is you get to see some really embarassing accidents in the malls when kids aren't paying attention.

Good old fashioned schandenfreude.

scuba Widow
04-25-2008, 10:32
oh, and not to mention Capital One's customer service, if you can call that customer service

Totally agree, last month I accidentally made a mistake by shorting the monthly bill by $5.00. Capital One called me everyday for 2 weeks straight. I call that no customer service. I also hate that booming so called nasty music, but one of my biggest peeves right now is the neighbors across the street. Before they moved in we had a colony of feral cats that we had managed to get rid of. Now she has started feeding a stray and guess what here we go again, we now have another colony and she has a little dog that she won't keep inside or on a leash outside, I wish that she understood that leashes save life!!!!

mixahl
04-25-2008, 11:39
Standing in line at Mcdonalds for 20 mins and when the people in front get to the counter they then spend another 20mins deciding what they wanna order...THE MENUS THE SAME AS IT WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WENT THERE!!!

I second that!!!!!!

DollFin
04-25-2008, 15:49
I mentioned this in another thread, but another peeve of mine is people who say "axe" when they mean "ask". If someone says "Can I AXE you something?" I say, "You want to chop something into small pieces for me?"

waytooslow
04-26-2008, 09:55
I mentioned this in another thread, but another peeve of mine is people who say "axe" when they mean "ask". If someone says "Can I AXE you something?" I say, "You want to chop something into small pieces for me?"

For me it is "and what not"
That phrase drives me nuts.

ratown
04-26-2008, 16:19
People who use wrong grammar like "Me and him went diving last week". That kind of annoys me, but what drives me crazy is when people use it like, "He went diving with Tom and I."

DiverMAN
04-26-2008, 16:27
My pet peeve is loud annoying people. And when dorm suite mates play rap music all day, like all day, like right now he is playing his rap music. The bass shakes the walls and its always the same beats. (He is majoring in Music Production) But luckily I'm out of here in 5 days.

talonraid
04-26-2008, 19:55
1) Oh!!! Danglies while diving. Makes me want to hurt puppies.

2) Another vote for the LDS that trash talks the internet dive shops.

3) People who move to Texas and then complain about our traditions, weather, bugs, state pride/arrogance, and the funny way we talk. Get the F&^% out! We were just fine before you showed up.

4) Left hand lane slow pokes....I wish I had enough ammunition and a few weeks of amnesty from the law to solve this problem.

5) Young girls who wear their pants and shirts too tight when they shouldn't. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that look like a freshly opened can of biscuits. Buy a mirror or find a friend who will tell you honestly that you don't need to wear that. I'm a big guy. I wear loose fitting clothes because nobody wants to see my jelly roll.

6) Clowns don't scare me, but women with too much make-up do. The most beautiful women in the world are the ones without blue eyelids.

7) People who spend more time on the Scuba discussion boards than they do in the water....I need to sign off now and go dive.

scarlet&gray nut
04-29-2008, 15:06
That not my job

Bill1979
04-29-2008, 16:43
People you intentinally act like idiots.

mike_s
04-29-2008, 17:01
5) Young girls who wear their pants and shirts too tight when they shouldn't. You know the ones I'm talking about. The ones that look like a freshly opened can of biscuits. Buy a mirror or find a friend who will tell you honestly that you don't need to wear that. I'm a big guy. I wear loose fitting clothes because nobody wants to see my jelly roll.

oh man..... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything. I laughed so hard that the above in bold. :smilie39:

ratown
04-29-2008, 17:09
Girls who speak with a rising inflection.

DollFin
04-29-2008, 18:48

oh man..... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything. I laughed so hard that the above in bold. :smilie39:

How about equal time for the guys who weigh over 3 bills and have more body hair than Chewbacca, yet somehow think that wifebeater tank top (or worse yet, SPEEDOS) looks good on them? :smiley29:

ratown
04-29-2008, 18:49

How about equal time for the guys who weigh over 3 bills and have more body hair than Chewbacca, yet somehow think that wifebeater tank top (or worse yet, SPEEDOS) looks good on them? :smiley29:

That's probably not a matter of thinking one looks good but a matter of not caring anymore.

DiverMAN
04-29-2008, 18:53

That's probably not a matter of thinking one looks good but a matter of not caring anymore.
Or they have been brain washed to think that they are body builders...

talonraid
04-30-2008, 20:22

OK, this has to be said. Speedos are NEVER...NEVER ok to wear while diving, getting ready to dive, riding on a boat out to a dive site or even while thinking about diving. Definitely not after a dive (we know what happens in water). Even if you're a fit dude, don't do it. It's just wrong and there should be laws addressing this subject.

Thank you DollFin for bringing up the topic of Speedos.

Never! Just say no. Friends don't let friends wear banana hammocks.

ian
05-01-2008, 08:57
<RANT>

O\I just ran into this one on another board: disorientated.

NO SUCH FRIGGIN’ WORD!!!!

There’s no such word as orientated, either!

The root word is ORIENT. You can be oriented or disoriented. You can have an orientation.

As a surveyor, the addition of the extra syllable just drives me up the wall.

</RANT>

Have a wonderful day my fellow divers…and thank you for letting me get that off my chest!:smiley20:

Ian

mike_s
05-01-2008, 10:41

you mean like this guy?

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/hairy-nascar-fan.jpg

And this guy? don't forget the Mullet.

http://www.vbdems.org/Brian.PNG

Foo2
05-01-2008, 10:48

you mean like this guy?

http://www.funnyhub.com/pictures/img/hairy-nascar-fan.jpg

And this guy? don't forget the Mullet.

http://www.vbdems.org/Brian.PNG

:smiley11::smiley11::smiley11::smiley11:
I'm so grossed out right now, I nearly abused my mod privileges by deleting these pics!!!!!! This is harmful to society and must be stopped at once! Why?! Why do they do this?!:smiley11::smiley11: :smiley11:

Murloc
05-01-2008, 12:01
disorientated - Wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/disorientated)

if it's on the internet it must be true

thor
05-01-2008, 16:44
Along those same lines, enter the Jersey Guido.

New jersey Guidos Tan MAx "Pics" - Bodybuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6874461)

harb99
05-01-2008, 17:14

New jersey Guidos Tan MAx "Pics" - Bodybuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6874461)

my eyes! they're burning!

wish I could take back that minute of my life and choose not to click on the link.

ratown
05-01-2008, 19:06
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/disoriented

buddhasummer
05-01-2008, 19:31

obviously they dont own mirrors, it looks like theyve all had s..t rubbed in their faces:smiley11: Oh well each to their own...freaks:smiley36:

John Yaskowich
05-02-2008, 09:37
I am always amazed at how many people seem to be oblivious to chokepoints in the flow of movement and how they are making them worse.
- People who get off an escalator and then stand there.
- Someone who parks directly opposite another parked car, thereby making a road so narrow cars have to slow to a crawl to thread the needle.
- Shoppers who park their shopping carts beside a pillar. Extra points for those who park them sideways or angled across the aisle.
- Elevator riders who get on first, press the button for their floor and then stand so close to the button panel no-one else can push the button for their floor (and give you pained looks when you ask them to press for your floor).
- Slow walking people who walk 3 or 4 abreast, talking away, totally oblivious to others who are trying to pass.

matt151617
05-02-2008, 12:03
Stupid crap while driving. Especially people that stop in the middle of the road to turn without turn signals, or driving really slow and blowing a light for me.

skippy11
05-02-2008, 13:58
Talking on the cell phone whil driving through a school zone at 3pm....not paying attention to kids on all sides of the street!

DollFin
05-02-2008, 14:19
- Shoppers who park their shopping carts beside a pillar. Extra points for those who park them sideways or angled across the aisle...- Slow walking people who walk 3 or 4 abreast, talking away, totally oblivious to others who are trying to pass

I actually asked a woman who had parked her cart at an angle across the aisle one day, why it is that people do that. I was genuinely curious as this is something I really do wonder, and I asked very politely. Of course she just glared at me. Seriously, the whole thing about blocking aisles with shopping carts, standing in a group in front of an entrance/exit, middle of the sidewalk, top of escalator etc carrying on a conversation etc and making it hard for people to get around you is something I would love to study. If I ever have a chance to go to college (never went when I should have but that's another story) I would do a thesis on this subject.

Beaucoupfishies
05-02-2008, 14:31
I actually asked a woman who had parked her cart at an angle across the aisle one day, why it is that people do that. I was genuinely curious as this is something I really do wonder, and I asked very politely. Of course she just glared at me. Seriously, the whole thing about blocking aisles with shopping carts, standing in a group in front of an entrance/exit, middle of the sidewalk, top of escalator etc carrying on a conversation etc and making it hard for people to get around you is something I would love to study. If I ever have a chance to go to college (never went when I should have but that's another story) I would do a thesis on this subject.

Social obliviousness!

Anyone outside of your social sphere isn't really a person and doesn't deserve your acknowledgement. At least that's how it seems.

matt151617
05-02-2008, 15:02
Seriously, the whole thing about blocking aisles with shopping carts, standing in a group in front of an entrance/exit, middle of the sidewalk, top of escalator etc carrying on a conversation etc and making it hard for people to get around you is something I would love to study. If I ever have a chance to go to college (never went when I should have but that's another story) I would do a thesis on this subject.

They don't care. Most Americans in general only give a damn about theirself and no one else (and yes, I'm 100% American). Do the New York City thing. Put your shoulder down and plow your way though. If they're stupid enough to stand in the way, then they can get pushed out of the way.

CPTOZZY
05-02-2008, 16:33
Nancy Grace, and all the other radio and TV "personalities" that ask a question, then rant and rave before the person has a chance to respond.
But especially Nancy Grace.

elijahb
05-02-2008, 17:24
People in cars in general are irritating. Even the nicest people turn into complete a-holes when they get behind the wheel it seems. I say make everyone ride a motorcycle or drive a smart car so they can't hide behind it. :P

How about cyclists

ian
05-03-2008, 10:10
Seriously, the whole thing about blocking aisles with shopping carts, standing in a group in front of an entrance/exit, middle of the sidewalk, top of escalator etc carrying on a conversation etc and making it hard for people to get around you is something I would love to study. If I ever have a chance to go to college (never went when I should have but that's another story) I would do a thesis on this subject.

This is one of my pet peeves, too. It happens everywhere; on the freeway, in stores, airports, etc.

It’s actually a physical phenomenon and it is well modeled by fluid dynamic equations. When a fluid traveling through a pipe hits a narrowing (choke point as John aptly labeled it), the pressure increases until just after the choke point when the pressure decreases suddenly. In people, they rush ever faster to get to the door (increase in pressure) to be the first one out then stand there in the doorway in small clusters (decrease in pressure).

Traffic engineers use the same fluid dynamics theories to design road systems to handle traffic flow. Next time you’re on the freeway during heavy hour, plan your driving around how water flowing through hoses would work. Shift lanes accordingly and you’ll be amazed at how much progress you actually make!

As far as the bozos who plant their carts across the isle or park the cart on one side while taking ages to select an item on the other side – they’re just self-centered, oblivious ID 10 Ts.

Boat diving with my wife off the Cee Ray out of Long Beach tomorrow! Yeeehaaa….:smiley32:

Ian

skippy11
05-03-2008, 23:17
I was waiting tables tonight at my parents restaurant, 5 minutes until closing time a family comes in. I graciously seat them, get drinks, food, then dessert..............then...............then...... They sat there and would not leave!!! I had everything finished extcept the dishes of the late arrivals. Plus, I hadn't counted the drawer down yet.

As soon as we pulled the drawer, the lady says, oh I need to pay out. (Like she didn't hear my sister ask if evyone had or had not checked out.)

Long story short....I got to leave work an hour and 1/2 later. And I had to listen to the lady gripe the entire time. Grouchy People!!!

RetroVertigo
05-06-2008, 11:45
I was waiting tables tonight at my parents restaurant, 5 minutes until closing time a family comes in. I graciously seat them, get drinks, food, then dessert..............then...............then...... They sat there and would not leave!!! I had everything finished extcept the dishes of the late arrivals. Plus, I hadn't counted the drawer down yet.

As soon as we pulled the drawer, the lady says, oh I need to pay out. (Like she didn't hear my sister ask if evyone had or had not checked out.)

Long story short....I got to leave work an hour and 1/2 later. And I had to listen to the lady gripe the entire time. Grouchy People!!!

I used to wait tables, so I can totally relate to that, along with people who would "camp" at one of your tables, becasue they are so oblivious to the fact that you turn tables to make money! But I digress....

Nowadays I really cant stand people who interrupt other people. Thats reason number one why I cannot comprehend how anyone can stand to listen to likes of Howard Stern and Nancy Grace.

thor
05-06-2008, 13:55
I hate when you go into a high end store/restaurant and the people who work there treat you like they are doing you a favor to even acknowledge your existence in the store. Last week I took my daughter to the playground and we walked by a very small one room art gallery that she wanted to go into. We were both wearing sweats. We had a specific question, so we walked to the front desk. No less than three different employees walked by us and completely ignored us. Finally somebody asked if we needed help. I was in mid sentence when he interrupted me and walked away to help a couple who had just walked in. The couple consisted of a man had a sweater flung around his shoulders, tied in a knot around his neck, and the face lifted woman had a cat-sized dog in her arms. The dog was wearing a matching sweater. Now little dogs with sweaters and face lifts are enough to make me crazy, but don't you hate how you go into some stores/restaurants and unless you are wearing a suit, they treat you like crap.

Mooha182
05-06-2008, 14:27
Couple of mine are:

1. As some else already said: People who walk slower then a slug. I know I walk almost at a jogging pace but gee do you have to walk that slow?
2. People slamming doors in dorms. I use to live in a dorm where they had to take the door closers off due to them all breaking and maintenance issues. Despite briefing every week this, I still got woken up nightly by some turd who didn't have the decency to walk his door shut.
3. Loud TV's and music. I want to walk up to them and "adjust" it with a crowbar. Same building as above but it was during the day but other people worked "night" shifts :smiley5:
4. People who tell me stuff to do and keep badgering about it, even if I am working on it.
5. I don't want to remember any others.

mike_s
05-06-2008, 17:55
here are some of mine.

People who drive 10mph less than the speed limit in the left lane of the freeway during 'rush hour'. Even worse when their on their cell phone blocking the way. I could care less if they are on their cell phone, but don't slow down in the left lane to make a freaking phone call during rush hour.
waiter staff at a restaurant that 'reach across me' to get to someone else at the tables plate, glass, etc when they could walk around.
lying to me when you're trying to sell me something...
people who block the walkwaysat stores to chat. I could care less about them chatting, but don't block the walkways with your shopping cart.
people who forward an email with "three pages of forwarded email addresses" in the header of the email. If you want to forward a joke, erase everyone elses crap first.
People who are lazy and park in handicap spots (and aren't handicap)
People on dive boats or dive shops that think they know it all. this includes the owners of the shop and the boat captain if they act this way.

NoTime58
05-07-2008, 06:41
Couple of mine are:

1. As some else already said: People who walk slower then a slug. I know I walk almost at a jogging pace but gee do you have to walk that slow?
2. People slamming doors in dorms. I use to live in a dorm where they had to take the door closers off due to them all breaking and maintenance issues. Despite briefing every week this, I still got woken up nightly by some turd who didn't have the decency to walk his door shut.
3. Loud TV's and music. I want to walk up to them and "adjust" it with a crowbar. Same building as above but it was during the day but other people worked "night" shifts :smiley5:
4. People who tell me stuff to do and keep badgering about it, even if I am working on it.
5. I don't want to remember any others.

In reference to number one above....I can't stand it when people either "park" themselves on the left side of the moving side walk (Atlanta Airport) or just drag their feet attempting to walk, the sign clearly states..."walk on the left.....stand on the right" !!

harb99
05-07-2008, 07:46
people who forward an email with "three pages of forwarded email addresses" in the header of the email. If you want to forward a joke, erase everyone elses crap first.

I am with you on this one

mike_s
05-07-2008, 11:28

Let me add that people who do replies on these message boards that include 50+ lines of "quoted material" in their reply without triming down the original post to the seciton they are replying to if it's large....

DollFin
05-07-2008, 11:51

Let me add that people who do replies on these message boards that include 50+ lines of "quoted material" in their reply without triming down the original post to the seciton they are replying to if it's large....

I agree with BOTH of you! (and the above is the most I EVER leave in a quote). I go especially nuts when normally intelligent people keep forwarding the same BS chain letters that have been going around for the last 20 years "just in case" there is any chance Bill Gates is really tracking their emails and planning to send them $10,000 if they forward it to 20 friends.

wolfen42
05-07-2008, 11:56

I agree with BOTH of you! (and the above is the most I EVER leave in a quote). I go especially nuts when normally intelligent people keep forwarding the same BS chain letters that have been going around for the last 20 years "just in case" there is any chance Bill Gates is really tracking their emails and planning to send them $10,000 if they forward it to 20 friends.

Me too!

matt151617
05-07-2008, 12:24
I used to write parking tickets for the police department at my college. It was so much fun to nail someone with a $50 handicap spot violation ticket because they were lazy and didn't want to walk the extra distance. I used to get people for parking in a loading dock or bus stop all the time too, because they were "running in for just a second". If they were nice and polite to me, I'd tear up the ticket, but if they gave me crap, I'd finish writing it.

wolfen42
05-07-2008, 13:03
Pet Peeve or poetic justice? Former client manager goes ballistic at the concept of making sure that time to document systems is included in a development plan. Current client manager just gave a speech about the importance of good documentation.

No Misses
05-13-2008, 08:52
My Pet Peeve...People who start a thread with a link to another site. But, don't tell you what it is about.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Example:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/icons/icon4.gif TICKS me off!!!! This is INSANE!!!!!!
This really makes me want to exact some revenge and justice.
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?videoId=99d65155-a6f6-43ef-b8ae-18f5330e93e4&sMPlaylistID)=
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Would it have killed the OP to write a one-liner?

Man killing sea turtle - This ticks me off!!!

P.S. Sorry Moosicman. I needed an example and your's was the first that I ran across.

No Misses
05-13-2008, 09:12
I used to wait tables, so I can totally relate to that, along with people who would "camp" at one of your tables, becasue they are so oblivious to the fact that you turn tables to make money! But I digress....

I have to admit that I am a "camper" at my favorite watering hole. We don't camp on busy nights, so I am not holding a table that is needed for waiting patrons. The wait staff always receives a good tip for the service of constantly bringing us more beer. All in all, I think that it works out well for everybody.
:fulle::smiley31:

ratown
05-13-2008, 09:14
I sometimes do the same thing, but I never really realized it could be bad for the waiter/waitress. I'll probably think about that next time lol.

harb99
05-13-2008, 09:34

I have to admit that I am a "camper" at my favorite watering hole. We don't camp on busy nights, so I am not holding a table that is needed for waiting patrons. The wait staff always receives a good tip for the service of constantly bringing us more beer. All in all, I think that it works out well for everybody.
:fulle::smiley31:

IMO - camping at a watering hole is a bit different than camping at regular restaurants - and sometimes the camping at watering holes leads to larger tips than they would have received from a normal eat and go patron

I have seen the opposite - our waitress showed us a tab of over $50 where she was stiffed for no tip by some girls who said there was no way they spent that much, but had shots and several other drinks - she figured that it cost her money to serve them - we made up for it and helped her out when we left as she is a pretty good server :)

mike_s
05-13-2008, 11:41
My Pet Peeve...People who start a thread with a link to another site. But, don't tell you what it is about.

Like this link? (http://yougotrickrolled.com/)

huvrr
05-13-2008, 13:00
I thought a person or persons who occupy a table while buying refreshments from their waitstaff was a customer. or is there only one table?

hooligan
05-13-2008, 18:55
One of my forum pet peeves... ALOT

"alot" is not a word...

"A lot" is a phrase meaning many

"Allot" is a word meaning to parcel out; distribute or apportion

I think that "alot" has to be one of the most used nonexistent words... On forums anyway.

ian
05-13-2008, 22:09
I thought a person or persons who occupy a table while buying refreshments from their waitstaff was a customer. or is there only one table?

You are quite right. They ARE called customers...in lower end restaurants. In the restaurants I served at many years ago, they were called guests.

On the other hand, there is a usual average time to expect these guest to stay at the table and enjoy a fine dinner. In a higher end steak house, the wait staff can expect to seat a table two or even three times in a night. With three or four tables to serve, and $20 to $30 or more per table in tips, a table of "campers" can set the night back quite a bit for the server. (And, yes, even twenty years ago, I could expect $200 per weekday night and twice that on weekends. The work was brutal, though.)

Even in "turn 'n burn" establishments where the servers cover more tables and can expect more tables per shift, the average tip per table is much lower. A table of campers can be equally devastating.

When we go out to dinner and intend to camp, I'll tell the server up front and let them know the tip will be commensurate with our "camping". This avoids the unpleasant "signals" to vacate the table, lets the server know they are being considered and usually ups the servers attitude, response and our enjoyment factor for the evening.

Cheers, y'all!

moosicman
05-14-2008, 07:29
Now, I'm in the grocery stores a ton because I work for Nabisco, SO:

When idiotic people go to the grocery store in there BEDROOM SHOES & slide around the whole friggin place like a snail. SCRRAAAPP SCRRAAAAP SCRRAAPPP. It makes me want to go up to them & say are you really so incredibly lazy that you cannot lift one foot high enough to clear the floor??? I usually say loud enough for them to hear, "Scrraaappp, Scrraaappp....." in time with their feet. They get the hint.

I agree with the earlier posts about the "fluid dynamics" of movement in people. I usually gripe at my wife for walking through a doorway & then just standing there (typically while I'm lugging in grocery bags or something else heavy). It also bugs me for people to act completely unaware that other people are around them & usually looking to get from A to Z, while they just stand in the way.

Another is when Wal-Mart employees get on the intercom and say: "So-and so, you are needed TO customer service". IT ISN"T "needed TO" its "needed IN" you ignorant, uneducated, friggin' moron. But the ALL do it.

ANOTHER BIG ONE for me is when the server at a resturant (after I tell them I drink water like a fish, & maybe they should bring me TWO glasses of h2o & keep them both full) who should know that it is important to me that my water glass(es) stay full, STILL let me run slam out of water. I know they are busy & I'm not their only customer, BUT I AM LETTING THEM KNOW IN ADVANCE, EVEN DARING them to take me at my word & do what it takes to keep me in water, (a water pitcher is nice, but some moronic eating establishments say it is against the rules to leave a pitcher at the table....oh, really??? let me ask the manager & explain the situation to them & see if it is). If I was a server & a customer went out of their way to tell me "x", then that would tell me that "x" is very important & I would make sure "x" got taken care of. I usually drink about 8 glasses of water at a meal (that is, if I can get it).

One more: The whole "Paying for your check at the table" thing in a resturant. gone are the days of being able to get up & go pay for your meal WHEN YOU ARE FRIGGIN' READY TO GO, which for me is, 9 times out of 9, immediately after the last bite. I usually ask for the check early & get that all squared away so when I'm done with my meal then I can get up & leave, but that usually means I'll not see the server ANY more after the check has come should I need them. That part of "progress" took us back a few steps if you ask me.

moosicman
05-14-2008, 07:42

---------------------------------------------------------------
Example:
http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/icons/icon4.gif TICKS me off!!!! This is INSANE!!!!!!
This really makes me want to exact some revenge and justice.
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?videoId=99d65155-a6f6-43ef-b8ae-18f5330e93e4&sMPlaylistID)=
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Would it have killed the OP to write a one-liner?

Man killing sea turtle - This ticks me off!!!

P.S. Sorry Moosicman. I needed an example and your's was the first that I ran across.

I must say that I am not at all offended and didn't really know this would be something that would annoy someone because I didn't think about it at all (like my wife says, I'm an insensitive brute), but now that you mention it, perhaps I will relieve everyone of the annoyance. I'm one for helping out, so I'll consider that next time. BUT at the same time, it did get 967 hits. I did really want people to go and see this horrible act and if you think about it (though I didn't do this on purpose) it is a great tease and helped to raise awareness. But your point is well taken and next time I will include more info. as it really was just an oversight on my part!:D
Sorrrrryyyyyy.

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 13:22
wow, I could go on forever, can I list each one individually, I would be at over 500 posts in no time.

1. Late people who are rude while smelling bad and talking loadly

ndv21
05-16-2008, 09:20
Having a beautiful day outside and be stuck at work, not diving.

Martin2
05-16-2008, 09:49
The fact that my LDS has had my tank for 4 weeks for a hydro when they said it would be no more than 2.

elijahb
05-16-2008, 17:35
The fact that my LDS has had my tank for 4 weeks for a hydro when they said it would be no more than 2.
Does your shop do your hydros or do they send it to a factory? That is what mine does.

jtkkym
05-16-2008, 18:38

Yap! I hate when they give totaly wrong estimate. When I did my anuanl Reg servis, my LDS told me a 1 week but it took about a month.

1_T_Sub
05-16-2008, 21:09
Our dog doesn't like it when we go diving. Thats the only peeve I know our pet has.

Martin2
05-18-2008, 17:08
They ship it out. We've moved here recently and didn't realize at the time that we had a fire extinguisher supply company that would hydro them in 5 days for less for half the price. Needless to say, that'll be the last peice of equipment we take there. It probably would have been ok of they had called and told us there was a delay, but it has been up to us to call and check periodically.

Babster
05-18-2008, 19:36
People that keep quoting ALL of the previous post(s), instead of just the one line they are answering. :smiley36:

El Orans
06-02-2008, 14:45
Scubaboard

Scubaboard

Ouch. And yet still very accurate.Do tell, in this thread or by PM.

I'm always interested. :)

bassplayer
06-02-2008, 14:54
"1 People who use their air tank valve to blow dry their dust-caps. (Like nails on a chalkboard)"

...guilty :smiley5:

PvtStash
06-03-2008, 03:06
I was taught to do this in my OW class... , but then when I got a reg with an enviromentally sealed 1st stage was told it wasnt nescessary.

Vercingetorix
06-06-2008, 08:44
Diving ... people who have a rattle either hanging or attached to their BC where it actually rattles non-stop the entire dive. (This is why I do not carry a dive knife!)Help me understand. You don't carry a dive knife because it rattles? I have two small BC knives (strapped tightly so they do not catch on things). Neither rattles.

What part of the knife rattles? You may need a new knife...from ST:smiley36:

thagar
06-26-2008, 22:04
People that pass you going 80 in a 65 but go 40 in a 65 when it rains.

People that speed up when you go to pass them.

People that say "we done _____" what's worse is people that type it.

I too hate loud rape music.

People who feel the need to be loud at midnight outside my condo.

I could go on but I think I have said enough.

DiverBob
06-26-2008, 22:32
Driving in the left lane while not passing.....

ditto!!

JimHar99
06-27-2008, 06:34
It doesn't really bug me, but it makes me laugh...

People who drive to the gym, when they live 2 blocks away,
and then fight for the parking spot closest to the entrance,
and then they walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes!!

Vercingetorix
06-27-2008, 07:47
I too hate loud rape music.I hate that, too.

I also hate rap music.:smiley36:

//yes, I'm having a bit of fun with you...lol

chinacat46
06-27-2008, 08:19
I hate single supplements

Also people who get in the fast lane at the supermarket with way to many items.

harb99
06-27-2008, 08:39
Diving ... people who have a rattle either hanging or attached to their BC where it actually rattles non-stop the entire dive. (This is why I do not carry a dive knife!)Help me understand. You don't carry a dive knife because it rattles? I have two small BC knives (strapped tightly so they do not catch on things). Neither rattles.

What part of the knife rattles? You may need a new knife...from ST:smiley36:

just guessing here, but they may have misstated - meaning that is "why they carry a knife" (to tap on tank) b/c I dont think they were talking about a knife rattling, but an actual dive rattle/attention getter - probably similar to one of these

H2YO Underwater Rattle - Abyss Scuba Diving (http://www.abyss.com.au/ProductCart/pc/H2YO-Underwater-Rattle-12p3138.htm)

if I am wrong - sorry
but as Vercingetorix stated, I have never noticed any knives rattling either underwater

rfreddo
06-27-2008, 12:30
Funny how things can be interpreted many ways. I took the "no knife" comment to be a self-imposed restraint on his desire to go after the rattling offenders!

harb99
06-27-2008, 12:31
Funny how things can be interpreted many ways. I took the "no knife" comment to be a self-imposed restraint on his desire to go after the rattling offenders!

had not looked at it that way, but you could be right :)

Seniordiver
06-27-2008, 13:09

That makes you a very good person. If female, would you like to get married?

highdesert
06-27-2008, 13:37
People on cell phones who gotta be sure EVERYBODY around them gets to hear their conversation ... boy, it sure must be important, or I guess they sure must think THEY'RE important.

People who don't know me calling me "buddy" ... I'm NOT YOUR BUDDY, "buddy"!

thor
06-27-2008, 14:46

Umm, sorry dude. Married and 110% grade "A" male. I guess I should be flatttered, but I'm feeling a little creeped out about now.

Sasha_K
06-27-2008, 15:06
Driving in the left lane while not passing

reactive
06-27-2008, 15:18
this is an odd one, but I work in a hospital laboratory. Every patient is identified by a "clinic number" that is seven digits long. There are some older ones that start with a zero. I HATE when people call and and don't give the zero in front of the number as I'm typing it into the computer to fetch patient information.

MConnelly2
07-03-2008, 21:05
People doing dumb things on boats, in my Area, at lunch or dinner time, or when I'm in the shower (or halfway through shaving my head, that one sucks, too).

I mean, seriously, there are better times for the 'smoke on the water' trick, or the taking on water trick, than the moment I, and my crew, sit down to a really good lunch.

plot
07-05-2008, 19:15

Umm, sorry dude. Married and 110% grade "A" male. I guess I should be flatttered, but I'm feeling a little creeped out about now.

:smilie39: ... everyones always asking you to marry them huh?

as for the parking in 2 spots becuase your car is new pet peeve, or just crappy parking over the line in general, i had a buddy that used to carry shoe polish and he'd draw the line over the car where the line on the parking spot was supposed to be... one of the funniest things i've ever seen. :smiley36:

Eddym67
07-05-2008, 20:23
Tail Gaters! I have found a way to fix it though. Turn your windshield washer fluid on and hold... Works every time!
People that do not use spell check.

Eddym67
07-05-2008, 20:25
Uneducated Boaters.
Jetskiis circling my dive flag like it is a racing buoy. Had a boat come by this weekend and the guy reached over the side and tried to pull it up.....

jimmysdevoted
07-05-2008, 20:38
ont hing that bothers me above all is when I want to go in for along soak only to find out there are no towels.......

John Yaskowich
07-10-2008, 14:28
People who leave long, rambling voice mail messages that do not make any clear reference to the matter under discussion. And then either do not include their name and phone number or mumble their way thru them.

I just finished dealing with someone who left a message over 2 min long that crammed her phone number into the last second of the message. Our voice mail system is such that you have to listen to the entire message to get to the end again. I had to listen to it 4 times to understand her mumbled number. No where in the message was a clear statement of what she was talking about, only vague references to “this change in my work” and “your request”, etc. And when I finally did figure out how to contact her, she had called a WRONG NUMBER.

Please, when you leave a voice mail message:
1. clearly and s-l-o-w-l-y state your name and phone number at both the start and end of the message
2. give some context to your message.

DollFin
07-10-2008, 14:46
On the subject of cell phones and voice mails: for cell phones, just in case the people talking so loudly you can hear every word they are saying from 3 tables away in the restaurant aren't annoying enough, there are those few "special" people who set their phones to "speaker" so yo can hear BOTH sides of their oh-so-important conversations (that usually involve such world-saving topics as whether so-and-so is sleeping with what's her name or reminding their SO's they need to pick up dog food at the store).

For voice mails, what I can't stand is when someone I don't know leaves a message that just says "call 555-555-1234" but no other information. Also, people who call my cell phone REPEATEDLY but do not leave a message if I don't answer. I'm a massage therapist - I can not answer my phone while I am working, so calling back 8 times and not leaving a message while I'm in session is really annoying!

plot
07-10-2008, 19:56
which brings up nextels...

Joe L
07-11-2008, 06:40
Lawn Mower Baggers, why do you have to empty them so often and they never really fit in to those large paper bags just right..

jimmysdevoted
07-11-2008, 10:22
theer was this beautiful frm nb\ nextdoor.. 5 acres, fully stocked barn, tractor, house and land, 100 year old fruit orchard for 25,000 bucks..... the neightbor had died and she wasnt dead a week when the farm was sold.. we were supposed to buy it...

so this guy comes in with a bulldozer, before we could get teh cutting that we were given in the will.. and bulldozes and burns, heirloom apples, rare cherries, plum, pawpaw, tennessee fig (an indangered species) and leaves Cedar trees.. al the fruit trees gone, barn that we were given and not torn down within three days burnt to the ground. It was a three story tobacco and cow barn! it takes more than three days just to get the milking equipment, rafters and machinery out!

so he then begins teh process of building five homes, each one going for over 189, 000 dollars...

he mows his lawn and the chemicals he sprays for his lawn has killed part of our crops and he sprayed for trees and part of our tree line has died away...
thsi guy is so suburban he planted a gazing ball int the middle of an old cherry tree! see I hate suburbanites who come into a known agriculture community and mess things up..

julie

Skinsfan1311
07-11-2008, 10:34
theer was this beautiful frm nb\ nextdoor.. 5 acres, fully stocked barn, tractor, house and land, 100 year old fruit orchard for 25,000 bucks..... the neightbor had died and she wasnt dead a week when the farm was sold.. we were supposed to buy it...

so this guy comes in with a bulldozer, before we could get teh cutting that we were given in the will.. and bulldozes and burns, heirloom apples, rare cherries, plum, pawpaw, tennessee fig (an indangered species) and leaves Cedar trees.. al the fruit trees gone, barn that we were given and not torn down within three days burnt to the ground. It was a three story tobacco and cow barn! it takes more than three days just to get the milking equipment, rafters and machinery out!

so he then begins teh process of building five homes, each one going for over 189, 000 dollars...

he mows his lawn and the chemicals he sprays for his lawn has killed part of our crops and he sprayed for trees and part of our tree line has died away...
thsi guy is so suburban he planted a gazing ball int the middle of an old cherry tree! see I hate suburbanites who come into a known agriculture community and mess things up..

julie

That's not a pet peeve. That's a friggin' crime!

Eurodiver
07-12-2008, 02:20
People who ask what you do for for leisure/sport, then go into a thirty minute long talk about how they could never go diving and can not understand why you do.

I agree this bugs me too.
People ask what you do for fun . . .
Snowboard
Rock Climb
Rappel
Dive
Sand board, the list could go on
then you get {and it really chaps my cookies} "Aren't you too old for that?"
Ok EXACTLY what is a 38 year old suppose to do? THEN they go into a 30 to 45 minute speech about how they couldn't do it or I can't I have kids.
That is a serious pet peeve of mine people that say oh I can't because of the kids or I can't cause I have kids. I loath the statement.

There are so many pet peeves. We all have too many to list.
A few are
Slow drivers in the fast line
Teen or tween plus size girls wearing skirts so short their butt is hanging out. NOT CUTE at all.
My mom telling me to dress and do things that some one almost 40 does.
"Ok let me bust out the rocking chair, granny panties and Mu-Mu dresses"
Loud rap music in the lane next to you. Thank goodness it is illegal here in Europe. The only ones you see doing it are the Americans.

to be continued . . . .

joeSteve1006
07-12-2008, 20:45
mines kinda weird too. i hate it when i am holding a door for someone, and they put put their hand to hold the door like they don't trust me. they claim they're "relieving my load" but it's a door! i can hold a door for ten seconds while you walk through.

DollFin
07-12-2008, 23:57
mines kinda weird too. i hate it when i am holding a door for someone, and they put put their hand to hold the door like they don't trust me. they claim they're "relieving my load" but it's a door! i can hold a door for ten seconds while you walk through.

I don't get peeved at that - I figure, I walk through and hold the door for the person behind me, then they hold it for the person behind them, and so on... What gets annoying is when you hold the door for the person behind you, and then an entire brigade follows them through and NO ONE offers to take the door!

MConnelly2
07-13-2008, 00:25
Speaking of cell phones, it drives me nuts when people I know well, who know that I'll see the caller ID/missed calls list and call them back as soon as I have a moment, leave voicemails that say "Hi, it's me, call me when you get a minute", forcing me to wade through a dozen inane voicemails to get to the potentially important ones.

(Did I mention I HATE talking on the phone? Big fan of e-mail, text messages, et cetera. I talk quite a bit, I just don't like talking on the phone)

JCAT
07-13-2008, 05:09
Drivers who charge intersections.
Parents who let their kids go 'bat crazy' in stores.
People who stand too close to me in check-out lines.
People who use baby strollers or shopping carts as a weapon, in order to get me to move away from something THEY want to look at.

Those are my biggest ones.

Rockhound76
07-15-2008, 07:40
Dang. Some of you are pretty testy. Remind me to steer clear.

I'll admit it..I'm one of those annoying bicyclicists who rides on the road. If it helps, thus far, I've been hit with two beer bottles, a board held by a passenger, a box of chicken bones and a garbage truck. The best one, tho', was when a fat lady in curlers, drinking a coke and smoking a cigarette at 8 in the morning pulled onto the shoulder where I was riding and shouted, "Why the h-ll don't you get a job?!!".

She was driving 15yr. old Toyota covered in dents, bondo and mismatched body panels. I was on a $5000 carbon Aegis Aro Svelte, in training for a 3000 mile ride to fundraise for the Leukemia Society, using my own vacation time. Go figure.

Okay, a few peeves to prove I can be testy, too:

1) Those left lane drivers. Move over. It's the law in most states. You aren't doing anyone a favor, even if you think you are slowing speeders down. All you are doing is forcing them to weave through the law-abiding drivers in the other lanes.

2) Cell phones in public or when you should be concentrating on other things. Driving, sitting next to me on the bus or in a restaurant or standing next to me in the elevator or on the sidewalk. About a year ago, I got to hear a "dirty wake-up call" from the girl next to me on my one hour bus ride. I'll admit it, I didn't mind hearing that one so much. She was very cute and very descriptive.....but she now works for my company. I see her every day and think, "She likes body oils and rose petals". If the EEOC could read my mind, I'd be in BIG trouble.

3)PWC's in general. Drunk rednecks on PWC's in particular, which appears to be most PWC drivers around here. I got hit by one while diving in Lake Travis. He thought my dive flag was a "racing marker" his buddy put out.

Things I don to annoy others:

1) I'm partially deaf (perilymphatic fistula from a free-diving accident). I talk too loudly sometimes, but I try to tone it down.
2)I'm too friendly. People find it off-putting.
3) I flirt (but I don't push it.)
4) I do that "blow the water from the dust cap thing with my tank at the end of a dive.
5) I drive too fast.

plot
07-15-2008, 16:18
generally everybody above water and some people below.

buddhasummer
07-15-2008, 19:16
Holding a door open for someone and not only do they not hold it for the person behind them but they dont say thank you either, or people who open the door just enough so they can slip in when they know someone is behind them.

People who go to the store buy a can of coke get it put into a plastic bag walk outside and put the plastic bag straight in the bin...did you really need that bag?...

Soonerwink
07-15-2008, 21:54
The people who have the little stickers on their front door telling how many pets are inside, and asking the firefighters to please risk their lives to save their pets. I'm sorry but no pet's life is worth more than a human life.

plot
07-16-2008, 16:39
The people who have the little stickers on their front door telling how many pets are inside, and asking the firefighters to please risk their lives to save their pets. I'm sorry but no pet's life is worth more than a human life.

I think it's more so if someone is there asking you to evacuate for some other reason than your house is up in flames... they know to get the pets out while they're at it. or at the very least, kick the door in so they can run out themselves :D

DollFin
07-16-2008, 19:38
Here's one that I encountered recently that REALLY hits home for me. People who claim to be "Katrina survivors" but who were NOWHERE NEAR the Gulf Coast when it hit. As one who had a front-row ticket for that particular event, I'm sorry, but if you were 100+ miles away in a nice comfy air-conditioned house and you MAYBE lost power for a couple of hours and MAYBE had a few fallen branches in your yard,, please do not insult the people who were literally fighting for their lives by calling yourself a "survivor".

freeski4ever
07-17-2008, 00:30
My biggest pet peeve is probably stupid people. Stupid people are the cause for almost everything that pisses me off. I think that euthanasia and sterilization should be legalized; that way, stupid people would be taken out of the gene pool, and won't be able to reproduce.

RMur
07-17-2008, 06:32
Slow players on the golf course that won't let me play through.

Golfers who do not play by the rules (mulligans, gimmes, etc) then brag about beating me.

Dive buddies who are not ready to dive, reconfiguring their regulator hose placement on the dock.

Monkeylemon
07-17-2008, 10:20
I hate when tellers at the bank call me by my first name. It's usually a corporate decision to make them do that, but it drives me insane.

LittleOtter
07-18-2008, 17:13
1. I hate it when people use a double negative like they won't tolerate intollerance.
2. people who make fun of me because I drive an old truck and then ask me to pull them out of the mud or pull a trailer for them later.
3. hypocrates
4. rental places with empty airtanks.
My Biggest One
5.people that tell me how to live my life!!!

plot
07-18-2008, 17:30
2. people who make fun of me because I drive an old truck and then ask me to pull them out of the mud or pull a trailer for them later.

everyone makes fun of the guy driving the truck... until that once or twice a year when they need to use it. :smiley29:

Sansho
07-18-2008, 17:34
Pet peeve ... when traffic on an interstate comes to a complete halt, and not due to an accident.

LittleOtter
07-18-2008, 22:58
everyone makes fun of the guy driving the truck... until that once or twice a year when they need to use it. :smiley29:

thats the truth and then they get mad cause you won't let them use it.

The Crowing
07-21-2008, 10:39
My biggest diving pet peeve is when you get stuck being the buddy of someone who thinks they need to dive like Rambo. Carrying so much flashy bulky equipment that they can hardly maneuver in the water. :smiley13:

shovelhead91701
07-21-2008, 16:12
People who come into my store and are mad at me because the place where they bought the item won't service it and I won't put them at the front of the line for repair.... I mean really people, I sell good equipment not the cheap stuff and why would I put Wal-mart's or Home Depot's customers in front of my own? Oh yeah, also people who stick used gum on stuff.....lol

luvs2scuba2
07-21-2008, 16:31
Diving:
The "torpedo" diver that never realizes they cut you off.

Non Diving:
People that can not read a complete email and reply asking you the question you just answered.

thor
07-21-2008, 17:23
Diving:

Non Diving:
People that can not read a complete email and reply asking you the question you just answered.

Or what about the people that can't read a complete email and reply asking you the question you just answered.

plot
07-21-2008, 20:31
Diving:

Non Diving:

Or what about the people that can't read a complete email and reply asking you the question you just answered.

goes for posts too i guess

SlvrDragon50
07-21-2008, 21:35
Diving Pet Peeve: Buddies who don't stay together

Land Pet Peeve: Slow Walkers

Eurodiver
07-22-2008, 03:38

Instead of the Blue Man Group it is the Orange Man Freaks?
That is funny