PDA

View Full Version : Pink Apollo Biofins

obrules15
04-09-2008, 20:26
Anybody get a load of these yet, I am dying to find a good excuse to need new fins. Any ideas?

Splitlip
04-09-2008, 20:49
Just do it!

The Apollo bio fins are great fins, and I gotta believe pink ones would be safe from theft for a while.
IMO the Apollo splits are the best "non technical" fins out there.

I have a pair of red fins.

The "think pink" thing is very cool. (Although I was surprised when I recieved a Gander Mountain insert and learned that they carry pink guns. Composate frames and stocks)

Diver Kat
04-09-2008, 23:29
Got my bio-fins back when black was the only option ... love 'em! Not sure if pink would be my choice, but you'll stand out in a crowd for sure!:smiley20:

Black-Gorrilla
04-09-2008, 23:55
you actually need a reason to buy gear? here's an excuse then... if you dont have bio fins, you dont have the best splits. enjoy your new fins.(im gonna buy them in white)

azdiver
04-21-2008, 19:41
you actually need a reason to buy gear? here's an excuse then... if you dont have bio fins, you dont have the best splits. enjoy your new fins.(im gonna buy them in white)

If the atomics came in white I would get another pair!! Great for checking white balance when taking pics! :smiley19:

DollFin
04-21-2008, 23:24

If the atomics came in white I would get another pair!! Great for checking white balance when taking pics! :smiley19:

I have white Tusa Platinas - I love 'em!!! I can haul a$$ with them and my buddies never have a problem telling me apart from other divers! :)

dallasdivergirl
04-22-2008, 09:44
The pink is a little different from the ST photos.

Think rosy with a little bit of almost sparkly. They are pretty cool.

I like the blue and the yellow ones.

Foo2
04-22-2008, 09:45
I love the pink fins!!! I have several pieces of pink gear. I wish they were a little more of a bright pink though. But that's just me. :)

Sounder
04-23-2008, 17:03
I love the pink fins!!! I have several pieces of pink gear. I wish they were a little more of a bright pink though. But that's just me. :)

In Seattle there is a group of female divers who created "DAPS." It stands for "Divers Against Pink S***." It's rather humerous to hear them get all spun up about pink gear. I bet they'd love these fins.

obrules15
04-23-2008, 20:44

In Seattle there is a group of female divers who created "DAPS." It stands for "Divers Against Pink S***." It's rather humerous to hear them get all spun up about pink gear. I bet they'd love these fins.

Oh that's AWESOME!!!

reactive
04-23-2008, 20:54
I wish I would have known about the bio fins before I bought my atomic splits. I'm not disappointed with them, but I'd prefer the gear that a mass amount of people claim to be superior.

Black-Gorrilla
04-23-2008, 21:18

i'd show up... all 6'4 of me in all pink gear... pink wing, fins... webbing for my bp/w if i can... just to piss them off. some pink and white shorts just to top it off.

Sounder
04-24-2008, 11:17

i'd show up... all 6'4 of me in all pink gear... pink wing, fins... webbing for my bp/w if i can... just to piss them off. some pink and white shorts just to top it off.

That'd be fun to see - it's really not a serious thing, more joking than anything else.

A couple of DIR gals I dive with have purple webbing on their back plate and one of them has pink hearts on her jet fins. DAPS was founded by non-DIR divers... for once DIR doesn't get slapped with the blame for something!! :smiley20:

ChrisA
04-24-2008, 11:50
Just to let you all know,.. Spay paint works.

I took some yelow spray paint to my black turtle fins. I do a lot of low vis night diving and my dive buddys all say it really works they can spot my fins from "far" away. I only painted the last 3" top and bottom so only the tips are yellow.

Now if you dive where I do don't copy me. Tape off a lightening bolt or something. The idea is to be unique so we are all not in the same look alike black jets, black drysuit, black hood and PST tank.

So you want pink fins? Stop at Home Depot and spend $3.50 for a can of pink spray paint. Spray paint is also a great anti-theft device for luggage you have to check with airlines. They just don't take the hideous pink and green stripped bags. To easy to ID them from 200 feet. They seem to only take the black look-a-like bags.

Sounder
04-24-2008, 12:17

I took some yelow spray paint to my black turtle fins. I do a lot of low vis night diving and my dive buddys all say it really works they can spot my fins from "far" away. I only painted the last 3" top and bottom so only the tips are yellow.

Now if you dive where I do don't copy me. Tape off a lightening bolt or something. The idea is to be unique so we are all not in the same look alike black jets, black drysuit, black hood and PST tank.

So you want pink fins? Stop at Home Depot and spend $3.50 for a can of pink spray paint. Spray paint is also a great anti-theft device for luggage you have to check with airlines. They just don't take the hideous pink and green stripped bags. To easy to ID them from 200 feet. They seem to only take the black look-a-like bags.

That's not a bad idea - what kind of paint did you use on your jets? Anything special or just generic spray paint?

Sounder
04-24-2008, 12:19
I've also enjoyed the occassional "does this make my butt look big" painted on the bottom of Al80 tanks for all his/her buddies to enjoy who are swimming behind them!

Diver Kat
04-24-2008, 22:39
I actually bought paint pens at Michael's. My black bio-fins have bright yellow, green & purple stars & stripes on the bottoms. It helps with both the night dives we do in the murky old local lake, and also anyone mistaking my black fins with the other dozen black fins on the dive boat on trips. (Hubby only allowed stripes on his - stars were too foo-foo!!) I just refresh the paint once or twice a year as it wears off.

Foo2
04-25-2008, 08:11
(Hubby only allowed stripes on his - stars were too foo-foo!!)

Hey now...easy there with the "Foo" stuff. :smiley2:

dallasdivergirl
04-25-2008, 09:27

I am sure I will be spotting some pink "foo" markings on fins at the next dive meeting.

DollFin
04-25-2008, 18:03

...not only can you mark your dive gear, but it keeps it from reproducing too! :smilie39:

Eurodiver
05-21-2008, 03:01
Any one use glow in the dark paint for fins yet?
Seems that would be cool for night dives.

cowgirldiver
05-21-2008, 09:23
There's nothing better than when your dive buddy has something on that's easily recognized.

Diver Kat
05-21-2008, 10:00

Sorry Foo .... no disrespect intended!! :smiley36:

Splitlip
05-21-2008, 17:37
I did this to my USD blades. Big initial "T" top and bottom. Primarily so my kid would have no doubt which diver is Dad.