PDA

View Full Version : WTB a BC knife

Trey9123
04-09-2008, 23:33
I would like to buy a Titanium BC knife. I really like the UK Remora Titanium BC knife, Dive Knives, Underwater Kinetics, UK Remora Titanium BC knife (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TitaniumRemora) but I am open to other suggestions.

Crimediver
04-10-2008, 06:24
A man can never have enough knives. Buy it if you like it. Later when you see another that catches your eye you will need to buy it too. It looks like a decent knife. I personally like old school knives like the big gnartly SEAHAWK or the little TEKNA. I generally use the US Navy Mark 3 Mod O knife. Over 90% of the divers I know would disagree with my taste in cutlery and tell you a little knife is better. I don't care, I dive in carp infested waters.

oddbod
04-10-2008, 07:05
I would like to buy a Titanium BC knife. I really like the UK Remora Titanium BC knife, Dive Knives, Underwater Kinetics, UK Remora Titanium BC knife (http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TitaniumRemora) but I am open to other suggestions.

Hi Trey,
Have had and lost a Titanium knife, great lightweight etc. but could never get a true sharp edge on it, not like Stainless Steel. I have resorted back to my original US Divers BC Knife (over 20 years old), very similiar to above. If I use it, just sharpen it a bit, smear with grease put back in sheath on waist belt of BC and forget:smiley20:.
Other options depending what you use it for would be shears or line cutters, both easier to use for cutting fishing line/ fine ropes etc.

Sounder
04-10-2008, 12:12
I've got an Ocean Master "Double Sided Blunt" I'd be willing to sell if you'd give it a good home. It's in like-new condition, never used and razor sharp.

Knives - Ocean Master (http://www.oceanmaster.com/KnivesFeatures.htm)

RoyN
04-11-2008, 01:23
I have the UK BC knife but it is stainless steel. If you want it, PM and we can talk abour pricing. Currently have been used only once and that was my mom using it to cut brownies for the divers on the boat. :smiley36:

Seattle Diver
04-11-2008, 02:38
In my opinioin I would never buy a knife you would chase after if you drop it. Those titanium ones are nice but spendy. I really like the Zeagle one with the knife and the scissors combo along with a leg knife. With all the monofilement in the water where I dive I like to have plenty of options if something comes up.

BTW - I loved the comment from the guy about the US Divers Seahawk:smiley20: - that was my first knife and I still have it. It is insanely big and always a hit when I show my dive buddies after a few drinks.

- Seattle Diver

Sounder
04-11-2008, 14:17
I think they call those swords... not knives!!

BSea
04-11-2008, 14:57
A man can never have enough knives. Buy it if you like it. Later when you see another that catches your eye you will need to buy it too. It looks like a decent knife. I personally like old school knives like the big gnartly SEAHAWK or the little TEKNA. I generally use the US Navy Mark 3 Mod O knife. Over 90% of the divers I know would disagree with my taste in cutlery and tell you a little knife is better. I don't care, I dive in carp infested waters.
I also have an old Tekna, and I just aquired a Vulcan knife. I doubt I use the Vulcan knife other than on a vintage dive with other vintage divers. I've been thinking of getting a Sea Hawk, but they are so big. I'd never use it, and I try to use all my vintage gear from time to time. Even back when I was 1st certified, I didn't like big knives. When the Tekna came out, I think I bought the 1st one that came into the dive shop. Sadly, I lost that one, and had to replace it.

Back to the original post. I have to agree with Crimediver. If you like it, then buy it. It's not like it will be your only one.

Crimediver
04-11-2008, 18:25
Nice score on the Vulcan. They just look cool with the handguard. I need one to go with my Sea Hunt gear. I have never been able to get one at the right price. The old Teknas bring good money as well when I see them for sale.