PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To Whine For A Minute..

Beaucoupfishies
04-10-2008, 09:24
I just got OW certified three weeks ago and then a few days ago I broke my foot trying not to smash an anole in our stairwell. Crutches for six weeks!! All our ST gear came in on Tuesday too! :smiley19:

It's like inheriting that vintage sports car when you're not old enough to drive. I've been sitting in front of the tv with my Brigade on for the past two nights! :smiley36:

thor
04-10-2008, 09:29
Wow. Bummer. Have you tried the bathtub yet?

Beaucoupfishies
04-10-2008, 09:31
Wow. Bummer. Have you tried the bathtub yet?

Our complex has a fairly shallow pool that I keep staring longingly at. Might have to go test everything out there when nobody is looking. :smiley36:

No Misses
04-10-2008, 10:00
See what you get for trying to crush that little lizard. Karma can be a bi#%h.

Get well soon :smiley20:

mm_dm
04-10-2008, 10:09
But that's the b*&%$, he was trying to step around the anole.

mike_s
04-10-2008, 10:15
I just got OW certified three weeks ago and then a few days ago I broke my foot trying not to smash an anole in our stairwell. Crutches for six weeks!! All our ST gear came in on Tuesday too! :smiley19:

:smiley36:

hmmmm..... broken foot. sounds like time to buy that new Scooter you've been wanting. :smiley20:

TX1Chica
04-10-2008, 10:18
"I've been sitting in front of the tv with my Brigade on for the past two nights! :smiley36:"

Thats funny. When I got my BC I wore it around the house the first night, and at the hotel on the way to Cozumel the following week. I thought I was the only one that would do something like that:)
http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/misc/d5.jpghttp://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/misc/d6.jpg

EuphoriaII
04-10-2008, 10:33

It's like inheriting that vintage sports car when you're not old enough to drive. I've been sitting in front of the tv with my Brigade on for the past two nights! :smiley36:
Nearly the same thing happened to my son. He had a soccer tournament in Dallas so we stopped into the ST store for fins, mask, snorkel, gloves, boots for his OW class that stated a few days later. The next day he broke his foot in the soccer game. Crutched for 4-6 weeks so we pushed his classes back a month. I figured we would be doing some diving together by then.
I feel you disappointment

Beaucoupfishies
04-10-2008, 10:40

It's ok, I think the lizard apologized to me the next night. There was one sitting on our door that wouldn't leave until I waved my crutch around at it. :smiley36:

frogman159
04-10-2008, 10:42
Thats terrible, hope you heal up fast

Beaucoupfishies
04-10-2008, 10:46
"I've been sitting in front of the tv with my Brigade on for the past two nights! :smiley36:"

Thats funny. When I got my BC I wore it around the house the first night, and at the hotel on the way to Cozumel the following week. I thought I was the only one that would do something like that:)
http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/misc/d5.jpghttp://forum.scubatoys.com/images/bluepearl/misc/d6.jpg

Maybe it's another requirement to be a scuba dork!

mentalmarine
04-10-2008, 10:50
I would have been in that pool yesterday! :)

TX1Chica
04-10-2008, 12:37
Maybe it's another requirement to be a scuba dork![/quote]

Maybe. Quick add it to the list.
I'm so ready to dive, I may go home and put it back on tonight:)

Gombessa
04-10-2008, 13:15
Just don't be like that guy who asked if it would be OK to zip-tie a plastic bag over his cast so he could go diving! Hope you heal up soon.

No Misses
04-10-2008, 14:06

It's ok, I think the lizard apologized to me the next night. There was one sitting on our door that wouldn't leave until I waved my crutch around at it. :smiley36:

That's the problem with those anoles. They will not back down. It's not the size of the lizard in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the lizard.

No Misses
04-10-2008, 14:14
Just don't be like that guy who asked if it would be OK to zip-tie a plastic bag over his cast so he could go diving! Hope you heal up soon.

Back when I was young and dumb (as opposed to old a senile); we tied a garbage bag around the cast of a buddy. The cast went from ankle to crotch. As soon as we got him in the water, the bag went up and he went down. He nearly drowned in 4 of water. To top it off, he still ended up with water in his cast. The doc had to replace the cast due to the rotten smell. He spent the next 2 months watching, as his drunken friends swam in HIS pool.

Beaucoupfishies
04-10-2008, 14:20
That's the problem with those anoles. They will not back down. It's not the size of the lizard in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the lizard.

You're totally right. There was one at the zoo here on a post I was walking by that turned black and was posturing at me even though he was as big as my finger. Looked like he was going to lunge for my face if I got any closer. :smiley36:

Ohio_diver16
04-10-2008, 22:40
That sucks Beaucoup... Sounds like you're havin a rough time finding places in the Tampa area then, eh?

Beaucoupfishies
04-11-2008, 12:04
That sucks Beaucoup... Sounds like you're havin a rough time finding places in the Tampa area then, eh?

Yep, probably won't be doing any diving till June when we go to Key Largo through our LDS. After that, I'll definitely be hunting around though. Too much ocean around here to pass up the chance. :)

Foo2
04-11-2008, 12:12
What a bummer! I hope you heal quickly!!!

Ohio_diver16
04-12-2008, 23:59

Yep, probably won't be doing any diving till June when we go to Key Largo through our LDS. After that, I'll definitely be hunting around though. Too much ocean around here to pass up the chance. :)

The Keys in June, eh? Have fun! And keep in mind that I'll be in commercial diving school sweatin my man parts off doing PT in a 3mill wetsuit whilst you're diving! So even though you're busted up now, you're still a lucky exploitative deleted!

Splitlip
04-13-2008, 07:30
Karma, my friend.
Why try to kill the little guy?
Was it a Green Anole? They are a protected species in Florida.

Bigg_Budd
04-13-2008, 07:41
Karma, my friend.
Why try to kill the little guy?
Was it a Green Anole? They are a protected species in Florida.

He didn't try to kill it, bro. He tried to step around it, trying to avoid it. That's how he got the flat tire...

Splitlip
04-13-2008, 07:58
My Bad!
I just reread the original post.
Welll then, he can expect good Karma. :)

Beaucoupfishies
04-13-2008, 08:46
Must be how I worded it, because you're the second person to make that mistake. :)

Maybe now I have the protection of the lizard people since I saved their prince. :smiley36:

Splitlip
04-13-2008, 09:06
No, you worded it just fine. It is my "Evelyn Wood" reading technique.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/23/Ff17wizard.jpg/150px-Ff17wizard.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ff17wizard.jpg)

reactive
04-13-2008, 09:52
I can certainly understand your frustration! Hope you get that new gear wet soon! I'd be in the bathtub for sure!

hooligan
04-13-2008, 18:43
check this out... waterproof cast cover..
XeroSox Cast Protection (http://www.egeneralmedical.com/xeofexcapr.html)

probably not good for diving, but at least you could still get in the water.

Beaucoupfishies
04-13-2008, 22:02
No, you worded it just fine. It is my "Evelyn Wood" reading technique.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/23/Ff17wizard.jpg/150px-Ff17wizard.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ff17wizard.jpg)

Oh my gawd, that's exactly what the anole looked like on the stairs! Magic sword and all!

Trey9123
04-13-2008, 22:12
Careful in that public pool, chlorine eats gear alive.

EuphoriaII
04-14-2008, 09:53

MY LDS has a night at the local pool where you can checkout your gear of just practice but I never go because the chlorine content is so high there. Now I'll use it in my own pool once in awhile but I keep the chlorine level much lower.

Beaucoupfishies
04-14-2008, 17:00

MY LDS has a night at the local pool where you can checkout your gear of just practice but I never go because the chlorine content is so high there. Now I'll use it in my own pool once in awhile but I keep the chlorine level much lower.

Considering this pool is open year round, I bet the chlorine content is very high. Better off in the retention pond down the road. Just have to watch for gators there.

gunnarman
04-14-2008, 22:16
just think how good the diving will be when it comes off, remember good things come to those who wait. just don't do the over excited stupid stuff that comes with rushing it.

DUnder
04-18-2008, 08:38
1000.00 new dry suit
3500.00 new scooter
good friends
get to go diving PRICELESS

divergirl
04-18-2008, 12:02

hahah I wore mine around the house too lol

Beaucoupfishies
04-18-2008, 19:14
just think how good the diving will be when it comes off, remember good things come to those who wait. just don't do the over excited stupid stuff that comes with rushing it.

I've already been rushing around on my crutches and nearly had a few accidents, so I'll try to keep that in mind. :smiley36:

navyhmc
04-19-2008, 05:28
Does this mean that I'm not the only guy who goe to his gear locker just to get a wiff of the dive shop smell? :)

Beaucoupfishies
04-19-2008, 10:20
Does this mean that I'm not the only guy who goe to his gear locker just to get a wiff of the dive shop smell? :)

Or you can order just about anything from ST and sniff the box when you first open it. Warehouse AND dive shop smell all in one. :smiley36:

Osprey
04-19-2008, 10:34
It's ok pookie, maybe this is fate's way of keeping us out of a bad day of sailing or something ;) Sunny weather in July!

Splitlip
04-19-2008, 11:25
pookie!!

Beaucoupfishies
04-19-2008, 14:24
It's ok pookie, maybe this is fate's way of keeping us out of a bad day of sailing or something ;) Sunny weather in July!

Emasculated in front of all the divers! ARGH! Guess it's time to break out the pink bio fins.

Splitlip
04-19-2008, 15:54
Just make sure they match your purse :).

Beaucoupfishies
04-19-2008, 18:40

It's a man bag, darnit!

Splitlip
04-19-2008, 18:48

It's a man bag, darnit!:smilie39:

Osprey
04-19-2008, 20:40
Um, it's a FANNY PACK.. Jesus

Have I mastered the art of slaying husbands yet?

Cause it's a lot of work

Ohio_diver16
04-19-2008, 20:55
From broken legs to man purses... Heh heh I love this board! But in referance to chlorine content in pools... The content was so high in the pool I did my class in, I ended up spending an additional $1,000 for classes... By means of chemical burns over 90% if my body, you could see mask ring from where the burn DIDN'T happen. So that was yummy! Also... I see Osprey is from Tampa, as well as Beaucoup... Who else? I'm moving there in a week and would LOVE to get a group of divers together for some fun (earliest would be weekend of July 4th - break from school in Jacksonville) Who's game?!?!?!

Beaucoupfishies
04-19-2008, 21:00
From broken legs to man purses... Heh heh I love this board! But in referance to chlorine content in pools... The content was so high in the pool I did my class in, I ended up spending an additional $1,000 for classes... By means of chemical burns over 90% if my body, you could see mask ring from where the burn DIDN'T happen. So that was yummy! Also... I see Osprey is from Tampa, as well as Beaucoup... Who else? I'm moving there in a week and would LOVE to get a group of divers together for some fun (earliest would be weekend of July 4th - break from school in Jacksonville) Who's game?!?!?!

Ouch, that's scary. Did you complain about it? Seems like the pool should be liable for medical expenses like that.

And we're going to be out of town at St.Louis the weekend of the 4th visiting family unfortunately. Check down in the dive spots- Florida forum and try posting there for a get together!

Osprey
04-20-2008, 07:55
Beaucoup and Osprey both live in Tampa because Osprey is holding Beaucoup HOSTAGE.. MUAHAHAH

I won't agree that it's "unfortunate" we'll be out of town due to badly missing old haunts in the midwest, but yes.. we will be MIA. I'm sure we'll be able to have a get together at some point though, so keep a PM handy whenever you're thinking about heading out :) And as he said, do check the Florida forum. We have LOTS of great people in the area!

Bill1979
04-20-2008, 19:17
Hope you get better soon. I got my BC and regs last winter and have been going nuts dreaming about using them for the first time.

Beaucoupfishies
04-20-2008, 20:30
Hope you get better soon. I got my BC and regs last winter and have been going nuts dreaming about using them for the first time.

Thank you, I'm excited about my first dive trip in June to Key Largo. :)

Ohio_diver16
04-24-2008, 11:39
Thanks for the update on the thread for Florida, I'll check it out! Once I'm out of school officially though, I plan on many many dives. Hopefully we could get a fair amount of people out one weekend.

Beaucoupfishies
04-24-2008, 13:21
And now this thread has officially hit 51 posts! I would have never thought my whining would go so far.

*sniff* kinda gets you.. right here..

No wait, it was just the sausage and egg burrito I devoured for breakfast.

Sounder
04-24-2008, 15:10
No wait, it was just the sausage and egg burrito I devoured for breakfast.

That'll get more than just you! :smiley11:

Scotttyd
05-14-2008, 13:36
you know if there is not a cast one it you can still dive. I have seen some pretty banged up people hit the water, then once they are weightless thigns change. Or if all else fails hit the bathtub, I think there is a specialty certification for that.