PDA

View Full Version : Question about velcro on Zeagle Zena

YellowfinKunkfish
08-02-2007, 14:38
I have a Zena that we bought in May. (I love it by the way) I just noticed the other day when I was putting it away that just under the buckles/clips at the top of the shoulders(whatever they're called) there are some velcro strips, that stick the buckle/clip down to the shoulder strap. Well, the glue that holds the velcro strip on has dissolved, and the velcro is coming off. This really is not a big deal, but I would like to fix it, because I don't want my buckles to be flapping around when I'm diving. I really just need to know what kind of adhesive I should buy to stick the velcro back on. Also not sure why the glue would dissolve, I'm guessing either minerals in the quarry I dove in last weekend, or hanging it in the sun to dry after rinsing?

ScottZeagle
08-03-2007, 07:59
They are made from the stick on velcro and normally stay on pretty well.

PM me your address and I will send you a couple pieces in the mail. You can stick them on yourself!

Thanks,

Scott

YellowfinKunkfish
08-03-2007, 08:21
Thanks for the offer, but you don't need to do that. If it's just the stick on kind, I'll just run to walmart and get some! I just wanted to make sure I fixed it with the right stuff!

Thank You:smiley20:
Rhonda

ScottZeagle
08-03-2007, 09:14
hmmm...a DIY female, huh???

:D

YellowfinKunkfish
08-03-2007, 18:46
:smiley4:

Warby
08-10-2007, 23:59
Just to add to that, the same thing happened on my Zeagle Brigade. I'm happy with the BC otherwise though. Maybe they should look for an alternative method, as mine came off after about 6 dives.

Zenagirl
08-11-2007, 08:29
Wow, I have over 100 dives on my Zena and the glue is holding up great! Bad batch of glue?

scuba pup
02-25-2008, 20:53
one dive and on both the zena and ranger
??????????????????????????????????????